What are you most excited about in 0.20 update?

EvilotionCR2

The VAB can induce hair pulling sometimes...

Glad to hear, well that's not what I mean, you know what I mean, that this happens to others!

Thought it was due to my utter n00bness!

Editor improvements slightly edge out performance stuff in my case because I have an awesome rig.

The seats aren't control sources. They just allow Kerbals to sit on them, thus becoming control sources for the vessel themselves. If you build something with no command pods nor probe cores, the editor will pop a warning to let you know, which you can ignore if you know what you're doing.

Cheers

But they won't be counted as debris? I am worried I am going to create a mun buggy with just a seat on it and have it disappear on me because I have debris persistance set to zero.

That, and the changes we did to controls to support it as well. Now, when vessels decouple, the decoupled new vessel 'inherits' the control state from the old vessel, so if you had it throttled up, the decoupled bits will still be throttled up. That already happened in some cases, but not through the same mechanism. Now, this also applies to switching to nearby vessels, which means you can go out on EVA, and re-board later, without resetting the input on the vessel you left.

Cheers

Wait wait wait. Does this mean what I think it does? If I put a satellite into orbit and turn its strobe light on, will that light still be blinking when I bring another craft to it?

But they won't be counted as debris? I am worried I am going to create a mun buggy with just a seat on it and have it disappear on me because I have debris persistance set to zero.

You don't have to be controllable to be better than debris. The seats set a minimum vessel type of 'Rover', even though they themselves don't provide a control source. That means vessels with seats are considered better than debris, but without someone on the seat, there's no way to control it (unless you attach a probe core or a pod).

Cheers

You don't have to be controllable to be better than debris. The seats set a minimum vessel type of 'Rover', even though they themselves don't provide a control source. That means vessels with seats are considered better than debris, but without someone on the seat, there's no way to control it (unless you attach a probe core or a pod).

Cheers

So for all practical purposes IS a pod, just that it's de-manned and have to be manned in order to be used. Thanks for the explanation!

Cheers

Ah, right, thanks for the clarification :)

Cheers

Sa-veet!

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.