Things I've stopped doing since buying KSP

Markotiks

Too many years of playing WoW (all of them whilst married) taught me how to moderate gaming addiction, so I don't think I've gotten as bad as some folks on here. :) With that said, KSP was the giant, shiny, rocket powered nail in the coffin of my WoW playing.

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else on here. I've practically stopped playing all other games and my only other pass time is Youtube. Of which, most of the videos I watch are Scott Manley and other such videos. Since the only thing cooler than watching a rocket blow up a million times, is watching a rocket blow up a million times while learning awesome trivia from a suave Scotsman.

I stopped being bored in class, actually doing rocket math now and a boss at physics.

Other than that, my steam games are only all unplayed and my life reduced to:

Eating, Sleeping, Drinking, or Pooping, and KSP.

This is by is far the most addictive game I've played since Sim City 2000. My 'time played' on Steam just shot past Skyrim leaving it quivering in it's wake ;)

I also keep reading the forums in my breaks at work :P

I've spent a significant chunk of my spare life over the past month and a half since I first got it playing it for sure. I've also stopped getting early nights, I used to hit the hay at 11:30pm, not it's more like 1am :P

yep, similar here. All other games are dead to me now, only watch occasional movies as I now see that as 2 hours that could be better spent building KSP stuff. It has to be a REALLY good movie to warrant taking up precious KSP time (I sometimes watch series at the same time as kerbaling). Work, eating and sleep have suffered but continue at a bare minimum as a matter of necessity only.

Social life? what is that? Does it involve Jeb or an Apoapsis? No, then forget it!

I've stopped leaving my computer at home, and lug this mammoth machine to work with me. I've stopped caring that Google Reader is going to be stopping services. I've stopped playing mind numbing games that don't offer anything other than action.

However, all of my CPU cores are busy. 1 is playing KSP, the 1 is handling YouTube in Chrome, the other 6 are handling a Virtual Machine. I've filled my 12gig of memory with KSP and a new development virtual machine I've built for learning on how to make plugins and working with 3D models. KSP takes up one of my 4 monitors, 2 for the VM, the 4 used for general browsing, YouTube, and possibly a video while I'm trying to figure out why Debug.Log doesn't work and the rocket I just launched self destructed at 20km up.

-Quit cleaning room

-Quit cleaning desk

-Quit doing any form of schoolwork

-Quit going to bed on time

-Quit maintaining car (I have no idea either)

-Quit going outside

Yeah, pretty major things.

-Quit cleaning room

-Quit cleaning desk

-Quit doing any form of schoolwork

-Quit going to bed on time

-Quit maintaining car (I have no idea either)

-Quit going outside

Yeah, pretty major things.

All these plus any social life outside of the internet.

More or less stopped anything other food, schoolwork and the occasion different game if I need a break from it (it hurts to constantly think of why my rockets keeps exploding) that's non-KSP related. And even then they suffer a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.