Things I've stopped doing since buying KSP

Markotiks

So it's been a little over three weeks since Steam introduced me to this absolute gem of a game. Played the demo and didn't think twice about buying right then and there. Now like many of you, I am completely addicted to this game. Rather than list what I've managed to do in the game over the last 3+ weeks (there's plenty of other threads for that!), I decided to list a few of the things I've neglected or stopped doing since this game came into my life.

1) Stopped playing Xbox - My beloved gaming console hasn't been turned on since achieving my first liftoff. Previously, no more than 3 days would pass between gaming sessions and that would only happen if I went away for the weekend.

2) Stopped keeping up on current events - Sorry CNN, unless you have breaking news on a new mod or a new tutorial posted on youtube I'm really not interested.

3) Stopped watching my favorite sports - Yea, the Yankee game is on, but it's really only background noise. No interest in NBA or NHL playoffs.

4) Stopped painting my Warhammer 40k minis - Just got into this very expensive hobby about a year ago and managed to do a little painting every weekend even if just for an hour or two. It was a stress relief. Now my minis collect dust, while I stress over why my rocket is blowing up at 40k meters with no relief until many hours of design and testing finally gets my rocket into a stable orbit.

5) Stopped checking Steam for specials - Was a daily habit. Now...? Why bother. Not gonna be playing anything new anytime soon. Took me 2 weeks just to get to both of Kerbins moons and back in one piece. I'm just getting started with this game.

I did manage to still feed my pets, so I guess I haven't neglected everything I love. So with that, please share your stories of how KSP has replaced any of your daily habits or other things you love.

I quit playing Minecraft the day I got this game in April. Since then, I have only played Minecraft on the few days between 0.20 release and the mods being updated. ALL of my other games sit on my hard drive feeling neglected. Who knew that spending a day refining a ship design to watch it blow up 49 times before finally working on the 50th try could be so fun.

I...Jeez, Where the heck did my life go!? Kraken, What'd you do to my life? you don't have it? I'll bet it's in Eeloo orbit.

*goes off to find my life somewhere on Eeloo*

Now how am I gonna get there?

Well... I.... Refrence space a lot at school (oh if NASA had only gone to Mars...)

As a result, I have become seen as the local "Rocket man" and nerd, with 90% of what i say going over everyone's heads....

That and i cannot leave my computer. I used to fly R/C planes, but i havent done that in 6 months.

Since I do my really long KSP missions on weekends, I realized I've cut down on my weekend road cycling a lot these past few weeks after getting KSP (I keep blaming my front tire which is currently punctured, but with effort I can easily have it fixed) which is bad, healthwise--so apart from walking, not getting any real exercise as of late. But I promise myself to correct this soon.

(I keep blaming my front tire which is currently punctured, but with effort I can easily have it fixed) .

Yeah, same.....

I SHOULD hang out with my friends, buuuuuuuuuuut KSP keeps getting in my way. Its my addiction.

A) Stopped Brushing My Teeth

B) Stopped Changing My Clothes

C) Stopped Leaving the Bed (Computer now Resides on said Bed)

D) Stopped Leaving the House

Right now, I have this green rash that seems to be spreading... but too busy to go to a doctor; check back next week.

A) Stopped Brushing My Teeth

B) Stopped Changing My Clothes

C) Stopped Leaving the Bed (Computer now Resides on said Bed)

D) Stopped Leaving the House

Right now, I have this green rash that seems to be spreading... but too busy to go to a doctor; check back next week.

memes_eww_Dot_Dot_s500x558_156370_What_Happened_To_Evolution_s432x298_188603_580_Creepy_Eyeball_Tattoos-s432x298-230388-580.jpg

I've lost 56lbs in weight since buying KSP

Worst part was the 3 weeks spent in hospital having life saving heart surgery.... woke up after the op, switched on smartphone, watched the Build fly dream trailer.. yupp enough of me is left to play KSP... suppose I better call folks/friends and tell them I'm alive :D

Just had to wait 2.5 weeks to go home..... KSP withdrawl <shudder>

Then 3 months off work with nowt to do but eat, sleep and kill kerbals.... ahhh heaven

Boris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.