The L.O.G. Multiplayer Project

MarkusA380

Do you like the idea of it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of it?

Have you thought about how crafts would spawn on the launch facilities? If two people launch at the same time, you'll end up with a huge explosion on the launch pad/runway. There could be a system that does not let you spawn f another craft is on a launch facility, but then that one person that always tries to annoy everyone would just sit on the launched constantly. So, maybe a time limit for being in the spawn areas, and then your ship gets blown up/catapulted away, causing much hilariousness? I'd personally go with the second option... :D

Of course, there will be such a system. But we have to do other things before solving such small problems.

Ahem. I really want this. Give me this now.

-Ninjadude501

Aside from the sarcasm, I really hope you go through with this. I'd love to be playing KSP with other people. :D

EDIT: Can I be a play-tester, perhaps? :D

I hope this too. That's why I have created this project. :wink:

You can play as tester. Everybody can.

It will be an open alpha testing.

As soon as it is a bit stable, we will release it for you, so you can test it.

Just to comment on the mod discussion earlier on in the thread, how about on-server mods, like you can do in Minecraft? There could be 'modpacks' for the server itself, you select which ones you want to use in the VAB using a simple GUI window, and the parts from those packs appear in your part selection. That way you won't HAVE to get specific mods to play on the server, you just select which ones you WANT to use and use them. Of course you can only use the modpacks while connected to the server.

I realize that it is too early to talk about all of this, I just wanted to...well...[insert something smart and witty here]. Anyway.

EDIT: Post No. 321!!!

I hope this too. That's why I have created this project. :wink:

You can play as tester. Everybody can.

It will be an open alpha testing.

As soon as it is a bit stable, we will release it for you, so you can test it.

Do you have a ballpark estimate of when it will be ready for open alpha testing? A few months? Sooner? Also I have a suggestion - a concept of time warp that is more acceptable to the community would be where 1 person or multiple people have control of time warp, and it affects everyone on the server. This way we won't have weird syncing issues, especially with landing on planets and such. Btw are you still even working on this mod?

Any new progress?

Do you have an ETA for open alpha? I'd love to playtest!

Also how will you join a server?

We are still working on it, fixing some issues and implementing rotation.

Give us some days, and we will upload the next showcase.

No, I don't know when open alpha begins, because I don't know which problems will occur and how long we will need to solve them.

We are still working on it, fixing some issues and implementing rotation.

Give us some days, and we will upload the next showcase.

No, I don't know when open alpha begins, because I don't know which problems will occur and how long we will need to solve them.

Lol, I hope you guys are prepared for a lot of that. Comes with any mod that people get really excited for...they wantz it now. With that good luck and hope to see something soon(ish) :D

First, mobility is a requirement.

It is an Alienware Laptop, because I wanted to have a Laptop capable of gaming.

Well, every client renders every ship. That's the only way, because you have two or more perspectives.

To solve your problem, only ships with a lower part count than the maximal allowed part count are allowed to be launched.

Ok, I see. Nice machine.

How about setting the max part limit at 500 parts, but it be changeable?

And how exactly does the game do multiplayer? Could it send a copy of the persistence file, say, 30 times a second, and have the client's game update accordingly?

And do you have an estimate for the alpha release date?

Any new progress?

Do you have an ETA for open alpha? I'd love to playtest!

Also how will you join a server?

Here, have a more indepth anwser:

Well, as you know, MarkusA380's computer is still broken, so he can't do anything. I've being trying to make rotation, partlist equalizing and more that two players plausible, but it's not working yet, so i can't showcase anything. On the serverside i have made the server little more efficent by packing all the data, but it's not compatible with plugin we have now.

I don't know what you mean with ETA, since i'm Finnish and i don't know too much about game termiology (<- is that a word? :)). I'll assume that it means how much time is needed until we can release anything. By my very rough estimations, we'll get first super-alpha out in two days. Naah, just kidding, the real estimation is two-three weeks. If any major problems wont occur.

Way you join to game is that for now, you'll have LOGplugin window open when you are flying a ship. You need to insert IP/Hostname of the host and the port you will connect. We probably make port unchangeble, but now for all the debugging and such we have ability to change it.

I tried to fight against my want of adding dev-sig, and i failed, so here it is:

Cheers

Here, have a more indepth anwser:

Well, as you know, MarkusA380's computer is still broken, so he can't do anything. I've being trying to make rotation, partlist equalizing and more that two players plausible, but it's not working yet, so i can't showcase anything. On the serverside i have made the server little more efficent by packing all the data, but it's not compatible with plugin we have now.

I don't know what you mean with ETA, since i'm Finnish and i don't know too much about game termiology (<- is that a word? :)). I'll assume that it means how much time is needed until we can release anything. By my very rough estimations, we'll get first super-alpha out in two days. Naah, just kidding, the real estimation is two-three weeks. If any major problems wont occur.

Way you join to game is that for now, you'll have LOGplugin window open when you are flying a ship. You need to insert IP/Hostname of the host and the port you will connect. We probably make port unchangeble, but now for all the debugging and such we have ability to change it.

I tried to fight against my want of adding dev-sig, and i failed, so here it is:

Cheers

Well, my laptop was fixed today.

pizzaoverhead and I have been redoing some of the client code to make it actually possible to send rotation (which works, but the client didn't receive it) and make the plugin faster.

Well, my laptop was fixed today.

pizzaoverhead and I have been redoing some of the client code to make it actually possible to send rotation (which works, but the client didn't receive it) and make the plugin faster.

Not sure if you have seen this guys work, but it seems like he may be able to help you out on the vehicle rotation stuff!

Not sure if you have seen this guys work, but it seems like he may be able to help you out on the vehicle rotation stuff!

Actually, that guy seems to have multiplayer fully working! I don't think he is going to release it thoguh. D:

Is here be weekly development updates, MarkusA380?

We are waiting for news!

What problem do you solve now, how to help and etc?

Patience, this type of project is not something easy and will probably take them quite a while to even get the fundamentals complete, so we will hear from them when they get the chance.

Im is development team leader (C++\ASM) so my question goes for looking troubles to solve.

For example "teleport - when warp", etc. there are a lot of theory things to solve. Not practice.

In this look of L.O.G. project it is some of them:

When i created my ship and fly to the Duna and warped time to stop it when i will be near Duna... Server records it...

In this time my friend created more fast ship and find more efficient traectory to Duna and fly to intercept me!

Server LOG have record of my fly and get my coordinates in each day of my warp-fly.

So, he intercepts my ship in 7 day of my warp-fly and destroy it...

What should i get when turned back to the game?

Destroyed ship near the kerbin (7 days of fly) or nearly warped ship from "cyberspace" whitout any attack on it?

What questions have developers in this time in theory? How they will solve problem i described?

Before something to program you need an algorithm what to do and how to do.

For me... I think it's better create something as "cyberspace" for now. When player turn on "warp" - it dissapear and appear in 5 seconds in other place.

What about different times and coordinates? Player with no warping should have the max time while he is in the stational orbit or should wait while other is warping...

So it should take warping "rules" - allow to warp with interval every 20 minutes, or, for example, to have a warp-engine in the game, which cost a lot electricity and science to activate it.

Theese are good questions to find solution for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.