Is there a key to switch from Staging mode to docking mode?

What the title says.

I always end up switching from those two when docking for the RCS controls. I was woundering if there was a key for that instead of having to click the buttons on the side.

#firstworldproblems

-alaskafish

Instead of changing between modes, just use staging mode with WASD - QE on left hand and JIKL - HN on right hand, this gives you pitch and yaw plus translation at the same time, ie all the controls you'll ever need. Both modes combined. Left hand controls 'staging mode' and right hand 'docking'.

Left hand - turning, pitching and yawing, right hand - translation and forward/back.

Case Closed.

Instead of changing between modes, just use staging mode with WASD - QE on left hand and JIKL - HN on right hand, this gives you pitch and yaw plus translation at the same time, ie all the controls you'll ever need. Both modes combined. Left hand controls 'staging mode' and right hand 'docking'.

Left hand - turning, pitching and yawing, right hand - translation and forward/back.

Case Closed.

So what hand controls the Mouse?:huh:

I guess I should have mentioned, if you need to rotate your camera view, or use your mouse in any other manner, take your right hand off the translation keys and put it on the mouse. Once you're done using the mouse, go back to using the translation keys with your right hand. Unless you're lefthanded and use your mouse with your left hand, in which case you take your left hand off your 'staging mode' keys to use the mouse.

Sorry if that was too complex for some to understand, I expected that people would understand that I was simply pointing at the fact that you could use both 'staging' and 'docking' controls at once without swapping between modes, by using the JKIL - HN keys along with your pitch/rotation keys.

Hope this helps those who either don't use their 'mouse' or have 3+ arms available.

The right one? I mean you can control JKLI with your index, middle and ring fingers and HN with your pinky from your left hand, just like you do with WASD QE and Shift and Ctrl.

Be careful using delete. it also activates the abort action group by default, and it also resets the focus in the map view. :rolleyes:

That's Backspace, not Delete. Delete is the key either under Insert or at the bottom of the numeric keypad :)

• 2 weeks later...
You really shouldn't need to use the rotational controls while you're docking. Just point your ship in the right attitude, engage ASAS, and use the IJKLHN keys for translation.

ASAS uses a metric crap-ton of RCS. If you're trying to dock off-center, or if your RCS thrusters aren't perfectly placed, or if the thing you're trying to dock to isn't oriented N-S, or you're just a slow docker, you'll need rotational controls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.