[Parts, 1.0.1] Orbital Rendezvous and Docking Assistant (ORDA) v1.1.0.0

BloodyRain2k

Originally made by Hogdriver

I took over for maintaining the mod, but since I hardly understand how half of it works don't expect big changes to happen. There also hasn't changed much since his last update which was for 0.17 I think.

The mod including source is now available on GitHub and to download it simply use this link.

To get the source change the branch and select the Source branch or just use this link.

To install it now under 0.20 just unpack the ORDA-master.zip (can't tell it to offer it under a different name afaik) into "KSP\GameData", it should then create an ORDA folder there.

If you also want the tutorial missions to work you need to move the "KSP\GameData\ORDA\saves" folder to the KSP rootfolder, merging it with the "KSP\saves" folder, then they should work too.

Changelogs:

• 1.1.0.0 (1.0.1)
    • compatibility fix for 1.0.1
    • no more atmosphere height info as result from that, no idea how to get that now and I'm currently too lazy to fix that

[*]1.0.9.8 (0.90)

• compatibility fix for 0.90

[*]1.0.9.7 (0.24.2)

• new button image to support stock hovereffect

[*]1.0.9.6 (0.24.2)

• hopefully fixed the issues with the button

[*]1.0.9.5 (0.24.2)

• stock toolbar button added instead of the old ORDA button

[*]1.0.9.4 (0.23)

• fixed a bug that caused NRE spam when a nearby inactive craft had ORDA

[*]1.0.9.3 (0.22)

• removed Ref attitude and replaced it with Anti Surface Velocity (SV-), useful for landing
    • fixed Rad+/- to be relative to the orbit and not absolutely aiming at or away from the body unless you're less than 5km from the surface away, hopefully useful for takeoffs, just remember to switch to something else in time
    • added attitude to aim for the next planned Node
    • landing info now shows both parts by default
    • fixed a bug with saving the Vel and Acc defaults

[*]1.0.9.2

• updated for 0.22
    • slightly changed model for hopefully less bad looking placement

[*]1.0.9.1

• added Try Catch to config loading to hopefully prevent loading problems

[*]1.0.9

• changed calculation of torque to work with 0.21

[*]1.0.8.1

• added save button to easier save defaults

[*]1.0.8

• config file for default parameters, window position and docking indicator
    • indicator for target docking port, currently only togglable by editing the config
    • window is clamped into screen

This update means that future default value changes won't affect you anymore, should you think though that you'd prefer my defaults which I'm changing kinda often to find the most allround ones simply delete the cfg or just remove the 4 lines for them from it.

[*]1.0.7

• userinput can override steering unlimited
    • automatical enabling of RCS when autodocking and reaching Entry phase
    • hopefully gotten rid of the bug where it thinks it has the torque with RCS while RCS is off
    • also hopefully gotten rid of the bug where it stops working after docking or didn't notice it has docked

[*]1.0.6

• updated for 0.20
    • landing simulation is activated when the landing tab is selected

[*]1.0.5

• told the project to update the plugins folder's dll upon successful build
    • changed the deviation auto dock limit to 120° (so if you auto dock and nothing happens check if your deviation is too high)
    • made transfering all present resources possible

[*]1.0.4

• ang and vel are settable via part cfg now (if you prefer different default values than they are now, I lowered them for RCS saving reasons, this is what it's meant for)
    • window position should not reset upon power failure
    • vessels are targetable without having to select a port (meaning you can use it to select any target in a mess of targets)
    • fixed some small linebreak errors
    • docking roll now changes in 15° steps
    • SAS is turned off upon control activation
    • docking below 50m distance won't back off to 50m anymore (unless you try point blank, then it backs off to 5m)

PS: yeah I know the presentation is lazy, sue me. I AM lazy and I don't even know what I thought when I took over, I just hope it stays mostly working ugh. But well it's public on GitHub for a reason, if anyone thinks he can do it better than me feel free to fork it and take over. Though for now I'll try to keep it running and hope 0.20 won't break too much.

Also thanks to r4m0n for enduring my annoyances when I tried to get something working that I never got working : / I just suck at 3d vector math.

Edited by BloodyRain2k

• 1 month later...

So, updated to 1.0.7 and also thanks to DYJ the thread's now usable again.

Someone could really have pointed this out to me earlier, I was wondering why no one was posting for a while already but I didn't notice the lack of a reply field until now.

Since I am a lazy engineer type of player, I was really delighted to see this thread.

Great plugin, thanks for not letting it vanish :-)

I'm trying to get ORDA's better way of wiggling the controls into MechJeb since it could need that and now starts to support docking anyways, namely I told r4m0n he could rip that out if he want XD

If you're talking about quaternions about me you might aswell talk japanese to me <.< all witchery and voodoo to me...

Released 1.0.8.1:

I added a save button so you can change the defaults easier.

Also if your craft has problems getting it's deviation lower when approaching you can try raising the Kp_Acc higher.

And here's a pic of the new feature, now idea if that beam really helps figuring out over longer distance which port you're aiming for but I hope it does.

ckwb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

how I install this for v. 0.21.0?

To install it now under 0.20 just unpack the master.zip (can't tell it to offer it under a different name afaik) into KSP\GameData\ORDA, then everything should work fine

Thats dont work for me!

Greetings

It works fine for me, even though Git now adds subfolders to the zips which makes it only neccessary to unpack the zip into KSP\GameData and then rename the ORDA-master folder to just ORDA, but that's only cosmetical.

So I don't know what it is but that problem seems to be on your end, just remove the ORDA folder you have under GameData, and unpack the ORDA-master.zip again into GameData, then you should have an GameData\ORDA-master folder which should work.

Slight issue when using this, when i revert back to the VAB, i can't click on anything and one of the modules has dissappeared. I think 21.1 broke it

That's another issue I'm not having, for me it works fine right away with 0.21.1. Anything interesting in your log maybe?

That's another issue I'm not having, for me it works fine right away with 0.21.1. Anything interesting in your log maybe?

Not sure what i would be looking for and yup recreateable, and i couldn't even move the camera around in the VAB, i have NP, MJ2, Kethane, and procedural dynamics installed

Not sure what i would be looking for and yup recreateable, and i couldn't even move the camera around in the VAB, i have NP, MJ2, Kethane, and procedural dynamics installed

Something that mentions ORDA, well just pastebin the log and I'll see if I can find something. Might be Procedural Dynamics as I got the others aside NP but that's only parts so it shouldn't be the problem.

Hi

Ive noticed a problem, or at least I think its a problem, with the latest version of ORDA.

My previous version I had before .21 docked perfectly. It would orient my ship then balance the RCS thrusters to keep the craft pointed the correct way during Entry and Approach.

This latest version however does not balance the thrusters at all. I just burns them and pushes the ship out of alignment with the targeted docking port.

Not sure if that is a problem with ORDA or because of the SAS changes.

Hi. I just have the same problem. When I come back to VAB, is fixed, and frozen and broken everything.

I tried it alone, without any other plugin and also failed.

At least the resource transfer unit does work now. It's the best facility for this game concept.

I really like this plugin, docking is easy and make the game funny.

Thanks!!

Hi

Ive noticed a problem, or at least I think its a problem, with the latest version of ORDA.

My previous version I had before .21 docked perfectly. It would orient my ship then balance the RCS thrusters to keep the craft pointed the correct way during Entry and Approach.

This latest version however does not balance the thrusters at all. I just burns them and pushes the ship out of alignment with the targeted docking port.

Not sure if that is a problem with ORDA or because of the SAS changes.

Hi. I just have the same problem. When I come back to VAB, is fixed, and frozen and broken everything.

I tried it alone, without any other plugin and also failed.

At least the resource transfer unit does work now. It's the best facility for this game concept.

I really like this plugin, docking is easy and make the game funny.

Thanks!!

I don't get either of these so I can't even try to fix them so I'd need a way to reproduce it.

I don't get either of these so I can't even try to fix them so I'd need a way to reproduce it.

For my problem.

Add current ORDA Magic computer to ship with unbalanced RCS.

Send ship into orbit and move to a station to dock.

Turn ORDA on to auto dock ship.

With my previous version of ORDA it would balance the RCS to prevent the ship from rotating out of alignment with the dock port.

Current ORDA does not and ship will spin while trying to move and cause autopilot to abort on approach.

EDIT: Ok, something really weird is going on with this, It wont even get past orient now.

If it helps these are the other mods I am using.

Kerbal Attachment System

Soviet Pack

American Pack

MechJeb 2

Laser mod

Quantum Strut

Procedural Fairings

Edited by WedgeRancer

Hi, thanks for this great mod, I have a slight issue, which is more likely my knowledge than the mod itself.

I cant figure out how to use autopilot to dock. I'm using 0.21 and the videos i look up online all show older versions which have a separate dock button under autopilot options.

Can anyone help with some advice, links to tutorials for the new version for new players or do i have to reinstall?

Hi, thanks for this great mod, I have a slight issue, which is more likely my knowledge than the mod itself.

I cant figure out how to use autopilot to dock. I'm using 0.21 and the videos i look up online all show older versions which have a separate dock button under autopilot options.

Can anyone help with some advice, links to tutorials for the new version for new players or do i have to reinstall?

Under the Target tab you have to select a vessel within 2.5km distance, select a port on your craft (the row of number buttons above the list) and a port on the target (number buttons below the selected target's entry), then the Dock button will show up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.