SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

Hi StarVision..

I second that - that bridge is beautifull..

My answer to your PM got stuck in the forum down..

I solved most math issues anyway in the meantime - so, I still appreciate, but never mind..

If something new comes up, I'll take you up on that offer..

Spork of Doom brought me on an idea..

maybe we should try if we can implement also the impulse drive controlls in the Helm-Console - since the plugin will be part of the download anyway!

If deactivated, it's a black screen if activated it display the controlls.

With the large viewscreen you've made, that would be cool..

However - no clue about rasterprop by now and also not sure about FPS impact of that combination..

but the thought is great lol..

Progress report on the plugin if anyone cares..

new features - done or partially done:

- Prograde Stabilizer - helps with loopings and stuff (done)

- Transfer Reserve Energy to Propulsion - moaar power to escape the usual escapy things that you might encounter.. (done)

- "Command Formation" - forces all (maybe selectable soon) loaded ImpulseVessels to follow your course and speed (90%)

- working on a new skin that holds all these buttons in a civilized manner.. (40%)

http://imgur.com/6qQS0WB

new features planned:

- "Make Slow to Save" - will work like the hooligan labs air ships I hope.

- keep speed - will hold your current velocity

- keep height - will keep current surface height.

There is still some spontaniouse Kraken-potential in that thing - but I'll tame and domesticate that beast eventually..

Hi StarVision..

I second that - that bridge is beautifull..

My answer to your PM got stuck in the forum down..

I solved most math issues anyway in the meantime - so, I still appreciate, but never mind..

If something new comes up, I'll take you up on that offer..

Spork of Doom brought me on an idea..

maybe we should try if we can implement also the impulse drive controlls in the Helm-Console - since the plugin will be part of the download anyway!

If deactivated, it's a black screen if activated it display the controlls.

With the large viewscreen you've made, that would be cool..

However - no clue about rasterprop by now and also not sure about FPS impact of that combination..

but the thought is great lol..

Progress report on the plugin if anyone cares..

new features - done or partially done:

- Prograde Stabilizer - helps with loopings and stuff (done)

- Transfer Reserve Energy to Propulsion - moaar power to escape the usual escapy things that you might encounter.. (done)

- "Command Formation" - forces all (maybe selectable soon) loaded ImpulseVessels to follow your course and speed (90%)

- working on a new skin that holds all these buttons in a civilized manner.. (40%)

http://imgur.com/6qQS0WB

new features planned:

- "Make Slow to Save" - will work like the hooligan labs air ships I hope.

- keep speed - will hold your current velocity

- keep height - will keep current surface height.

There is still some spontaniouse Kraken-potential in that thing - but I'll tame and domesticate that beast eventually..

Awesome! Some of those features sound cool, and the UI looks good as well. I'm not sure how easy it would be to create the actual Helm. I haven't looked into how creating RPM models works, but I'll try and find out. Glowing panels should be easy enough, just an emmisive.

Awesome! Some of those features sound cool, and the UI looks good as well. I'm not sure how easy it would be to create the actual Helm. I haven't looked into how creating RPM models works, but I'll try and find out. Glowing panels should be easy enough, just an emmisive.

That certainly would be awesome if you could figure out a helm control. Your eagerness to learn new ways to mod has inspired me to start tinkering around with blender :D

StarVision. Is that capsule you've been working on in any kind of playable state? If so, would you feel like releaseing it?

Not really. I got it into the game but it has no Airlock. I was actually just working on the IVA yesterday. Once I finish The bridge of Voyager I'll get back to it and then I'll release it.

In other news, I've realized that all the mods except the Enterprise are offline along with Spaceport. I'm recompiling most of them into a big mod which i'll release on the Curse website. It will allow for people to install whichever ship they want. I'm including The Enterprise, The Phoenix, The Tardis, and the Flying Car. Everything else I'll put in a zip and upload it on Dropbox.

Is there any small corrections or parts that people would want before I upload this? Nows the time to make a request. Keep in mind it should be small.

In other news, I've realized that all the mods except the Enterprise are offline along with Spaceport. I'm recompiling most of them into a big mod which i'll release on the Curse website. It will allow for people to install whichever ship they want. I'm including The Enterprise, The Phoenix, The Tardis, and the Flying Car. Everything else I'll put in a zip and upload it on Dropbox.

Good thing I was snooping around as I was about ask about the TARDIS. *Sits down to wait patiently.*

right on time, been playing a lot with your toys u made :), but I feel u should not give me a fish u should teach me how to fish lol, it means I would love to be able to fool around with parts of star trek stuff, like 5+ narcel style, a few caucers,[ more difficult] prob in the long run, etc so I can make a few shuttle , etc with star trek parts, as of now I`m fooling around with the phoenix and enterprise narcel adding plane parts and it works as I scale it down , got enterprise to 1/2 scaled and amazing the way it handles, but is more fun if it looks better with star trek feel. just something that would be nice if u got time left over

star trek shuttle and cargo bay is nice to bring stuff in orbit, we do not have a space station, closest we got is in the ancient time call International Space Station, there are many many style of star trek space station, some even got a docking port with a door that open and closes[ sort of a box cargo bay ] for the enterprise. if u built a space station real size to fit with the enterprise real size it will prob be so big it will break my computer lol, reason I got it set at 1/2 scale, so I can built a space dock and maybe fool around with the texture and scale of items and build a space station.

anyway great stuff I added it to favorite post, so I can keep track

we are Borg u will be assimilated , hehe to easy to make, but to make it fly is a different story, illusion of the scale as the enterprise kind of hit the borg cube and sent it flying towards the camera

the cube is about 2 x the enterprise, made it just for a pic, the cube from lll the 2.5 one I made it rescaled to 60

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486700561330256792/745A85EFB30B2921B6C5496EAB8B3E8DAFB8A486/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486700561330137377/AA74654DD9B5CEA2020A3E33F482CD6454C613EC/

any eta when we can have a run at the Star Trek Impulse Drive in the video? would be so nice to be able to come to a full stop anywhere?

Edited by mjy

right on time, been playing a lot with your toys u made :), but I feel u should not give me a fish u should teach me how to fish lol, it means I would love to be able to fool around with parts of star trek stuff, like 5+ narcel style, a few caucers,[ more difficult] prob in the long run, etc so I can make a few shuttle , etc with star trek parts, as of now I`m fooling around with the phoenix and enterprise narcel adding plane parts and it works as I scale it down , got enterprise to 1/2 scaled and amazing the way it handles, but is more fun if it looks better with star trek feel. just something that would be nice if u got time left over

I am planning to have the enterprise be made of parts, so you could make whatever you want, so long as the thrust is balanced. I might make some moduler stuff eventually as well.

we are Borg u will be assimilated , hehe to easy to make, but to make it fly is a different story, illusion of the scale as the enterprise kind of hit the borg cube and sent it flying towards the camera

the cube is about 2 x the enterprise, made it just for a pic, the cube from lll the 2.5 one I made it rescaled to 60

Cool! Maybe that's something I can make before I re-release everything. It should be as simple as a cube with some indents and a bump map.

any eta when we can have a run at the Star Trek Impulse Drive in the video? would be so nice to be able to come to a full stop anywhere?

I do not. Philotical is working on it. not me. It will be done when it's done.

I got some more work done on the bridge. Now I just need to model the chairs and texture everything.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Is there any small corrections or parts that people would want before I upload this? Nows the time to make a request. Keep in mind it should be small.

Faster charging time on the warpdrives would be nice. As well as a way to eva with voyager and enterpirse. The ability to 'beam' kerbals out would be cool. I know that romfarers lazor system can 'beam' kerbals into a spacecraft.

And the Voyager bridge IVA looks amazing. Great work as always StarVision. And I have to say Modular parts would be pretty cool. I would definatly like to make different variants of starship like say a Miranda class vessel.

Edited by Spork of Doom

Weapons. I think you could (with giving credit) you could make some modifications to Romfarer's Lazor System/ sunbeam and color to make phasers. I don't know about photon/quantum torpedoes

That sounds like something that would need a plugin. Try asking Philotical about that, he is the one working on the Impulse drive plugin for StarVision's ships. If you ask him nicely, he may be able to whip something up that uses romfarer's lazor system.

That's a good timing..

Weapons: I was thinking about implementing a weapons system - laser - but custom made - not copy paste..

Torpedoes - hmm - sounds intresting - have to think about it - but don't get your hopes high, I guess I settle with laser for now..

Additionally I am planning/thinking about

- a full fledged tractor beam..

- ability to load smaller ship in cargo bay (fly in, click button, ship is gone - move to target location, click button, ship is back..

that reduces load on long passages - might even work with multiple smal vessels in cargo bay..

- transporter (but just in my dreams for now - maybe later)

here is a new teaser..

as anyone can see, my PC has a hard time with 3 ships plus fraps..

is anyone here a gifted video maker, I love cinematic trailers.. :-D

StarVision: I could use some beta testers - too many features for me alone - can you enlist some trusted crewmen?

I go out now - later I pack the new version and send you a private link by PM..

nice. I could test it also, should be interesting, let me know if u need my help. should make the impulse drive so u can make it transparent a bit . and wow just saw the video , this pluging could almost be incorporated into the game, this is going to change the game into a nice gameplay for me, it will be nice for someone that wants to fly to other planets ,etc, was just waiting for something like this.

Faster charging time on the warpdrives would be nice. As well as a way to eva with voyager and enterpirse. The ability to 'beam' kerbals out would be cool. I know that romfarers lazor system can 'beam' kerbals into a spacecraft.

And the Voyager bridge IVA looks amazing. Great work as always StarVision. And I have to say Modular parts would be pretty cool. I would definatly like to make different variants of starship like say a Miranda class vessel.

Speeding up the warp would be easy, but shouldn't you already be able to eva on the Enterprise? Modular parts might be hard, Just because there are so many different pieces. Suggestions are welcome for this.
That's a good timing..

Weapons: I was thinking about implementing a weapons system - laser - but custom made - not copy paste..

Torpedoes - hmm - sounds intresting - have to think about it - but don't get your hopes high, I guess I settle with laser for now..

- ability to load smaller ship in cargo bay (fly in, click button, ship is gone - move to target location, click button, ship is back..

that reduces load on long passages - might even work with multiple smal vessels in cargo bay..

here is a new teaser..

StarVision: I could use some beta testers - too many features for me alone - can you enlist some trusted crewmen?

That's looking great! Also the cargobay you're suggesting makes a lot of sense. It would kind of be like extraplanetary launchpads. I'd love to make a video, but but my computer probably isn't good enough to handle it. I'll still try though.

Also I think there will be plenty of people willing to test.

I volunteer! :P

No need, I'm going to just put it in Voyager v0.2. It'll also include the lights and possibly a version of the bridge.

For Modular parts, I guess you could make separate parts for the major starship components such as nacelles, pylons, radially attached impulse drives, saucer sections, main body hulls (the lower body of the enterprise and/or other ships such as excelsior class body) and phaser banks (once the plugin is done). The one problem I am think of with this however is the structural stability of the starships being separate parts afterall.

yay for Voyager v0.2., yes prob a better idear to get the bugs out if u got lots of players trying it. as for parts, yes the first enterprise with all pieces with hard as each piece could not stand the force of the engine,etc. but if u use mods to help out with that part it could work, just need to have the new impulse drive pluging, then u can start, stop etc at your own speed.

if u continue doing this mod and adding some parts it will be the best top 5 mods of all time with that impulse drive pluging, if not the top one, I`m a modder and yes I learn tons in 10 years, but I didn`t want to learn animation, figuring its to hard for what I wanted, as I love architecture, so I made static stuff, at first I made a few animated stuff, but true, learning stuff will get u somewhere, like money in the bank.

For Modular parts, I guess you could make separate parts for the major starship components such as nacelles, pylons, radially attached impulse drives, saucer sections, main body hulls (the lower body of the enterprise and/or other ships such as excelsior class body) and phaser banks (once the plugin is done). The one problem I am think of with this however is the structural stability of the starships being separate parts afterall.
That's what I was thinking of doing. Also I found a way to avoid stress on the pieces: Just don't have an enginemodule. Instead the ships could have the impulsedrive and KSPI warp, then they can be whatever shape they want.
yay for Voyager v0.2., yes prob a better idear to get the bugs out if u got lots of players trying it. as for parts, yes the first enterprise with all pieces with hard as each piece could not stand the force of the engine,etc. but if u use mods to help out with that part it could work, just need to have the new impulse drive pluging, then u can start, stop etc at your own speed.

if u continue doing this mod and adding some parts it will be the best top 5 mods of all time with that impulse drive pluging, if not the top one, I`m a modder and yes I learn tons in 10 years, but I didn`t want to learn animation, figuring its to hard for what I wanted, as I love architecture, so I made static stuff, at first I made a few animated stuff, but true, learning stuff will get u somewhere, like money in the bank.

if u released the Voyager v0.2., where will the download be?

anyway here is a pic of the borg with there round borg ship, not sure if its a type of pod stuck to the cube? also I see the cube got a door and a cargo bay thing, I tried to make a few cubes together, but attaching them is impossible, as I need to change the green connecting dots I think. anyway

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=akB9x-0JzHY3-M&tbnid=tufO7oYCSOG36M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wallsave.com%2Fwallpaper%2F1920x1200%2Fship-borg-283181.html&ei=7RiTU6mMFcWOyATyloH4CQ&bvm=bv.68445247,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNEzSgWn1qJX4KcWyTROBxOO11V-RQ&ust=1402235291336051

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=sPCBPdXJdZGQlM&tbnid=ryNASB1I4j4RHM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.memory-alpha.org%2Fwiki%2FQ_Who_(episode)&ei=9BuTU86UMsWwyASCh4HYAw&bvm=bv.68445247,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNEzSgWn1qJX4KcWyTROBxOO11V-RQ&ust=1402235291336051

I had actually forgot about the sphere. This is what I have so far. The bump map is working well, and the Beta will just be in the main post.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

it could be interesting with a cargo bay to bring other ships or a spere that has a cargo, mmm a cube with a cargo, spere in that cargo, cargo bay in the spere, etc lol, not sure how far we could go 0o

might be time to redo a texture of a kerbal to a borg texture, hehe

great stuff keep us updated

That's a good timing..

here is a new teaser..

THAT IS AMAZING!

Ancient dinosaur computers like yours cannot handle KSP!

(in other words your pc is old)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.