[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Floats to Ints is not happening. I've already asked for everyone's input and I essentially got only 2 responses on what to do. One deals with robotics in the real world so I'm just going to go with their input for now. In the next release, if you want it to not increment by 0.01 then you can edit the CFG to make it 1.0

That would be even better.

Great work btw, this mod gives to the game so much more depth and fun. :D

Sry, I actually meant v0.15a. :-)

And I reinstalled everything new and changed the three Dromoman parts in the way you suggested.

Still getting the error? What parts do you have on the craft? Can I see a new log file?

Still getting the error? What parts do you have on the craft? Can I see a new log file?

The one I posted above is a new one with Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.15a and the for 0.15a modified Dromoman Arm parts.

All parts actually work fine, also the toolbar-hide-servocontrol-window thing. But, due the fact that change from 0.15a back to 0.14 the frames per second increases on an factor four, on the same vessel, I'm convinced that something that was changed between 0.14 and 0.15a needs a lot of resources.

The one I posted above is a new one with Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.15a and the for 0.15a modified Dromoman Arm parts.

All parts actually work fine, also the toolbar-hide-servocontrol-window thing. But, due the fact that change from 0.15a back to 0.14 the frames per second increases on an factor four, on the same vessel, I'm convinced that something that was changed between 0.14 and 0.15a needs a lot of resources.

It's something else which is why I asked what parts you have on the craft. I'm seeing this in the error and I _need_ to know what parts you have. Is it lagging on it's own or are you making the parts move then it lags? Does this happen while in the VAB/SPH or does this happen in Flight?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MuMechToggle.checkInputs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MuMechToggle.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

@sirkut

Ah well, here a list of parts on the Craft I used for testing.

Its lagging on it's own, doesn't change if I make the parts move or not.

It happens only in flight, and as it seems only with a vessel witch use IR in any way.

Perfect, I'm able to replicate it now. I'll look into it now that I can repeat it.

Sirkut, I have a feature request.

Can 0.16 please make me sandwiches? I would greatly appreciate this.

How about I give you an inch in 0.16 but demand a yard kthnx?

@sirkut

Ah well, here a list of parts on the Craft I used for testing.

Its lagging on it's own, doesn't change if I make the parts move or not.

It happens only in flight, and as it seems only with a vessel witch use IR in any way.

I want to first say how wonderful it is that someone can help me out in finding bugs. You gave me an output_log.txt file. THEN you answered by giving me an exact list of parts you were using for your craft. Now for the fun:

With your parts list, I noticed you were using the Dromoman parts so I loaded a craft that had all the parts that were using the infernal robotics plugin. I was able to replicate the bug. I then deleted all my parts because I knew they work and left only the Dromoman arms. THIS is where the bug was coming from. I failed to check if the audio source was null in the CheckInputs method!

So I thank you. I fixed it and the next update (today) will contain the fix. This bug has been in the code for quite some time so I guess it's nice when a new release is out, people notice things. :)

Every time I use the rotatrons they only work when I initially use them then they get stuck. Am I doing something wrong? I wanted to use it as a Vtol engine. I have the min and max set to 90, is that where I'm messing up?

The Destroyer, Your design doesn't make sense to me. Is it supposed to be a ferris wheel meaning the big wheels are supposed to turn while the launch clamps are still connected? I get weird breaking if the two nose cones aren't connected to the launch clamps. Also the moment of rotation of the vtol rotatrons don't match up with the free moving docking washers so there will be some weird forces causing it to fall apart.

Every time I use the rotatrons they only work when I initially use them then they get stuck. Am I doing something wrong? I wanted to use it as a Vtol engine. I have the min and max set to 90, is that where I'm messing up?

Craft file please? I hope it's stock.

The Destroyer, Your design doesn't make sense to me. Is it supposed to be a ferris wheel meaning the big wheels are supposed to turn while the launch clamps are still connected? I get weird breaking if the two nose cones aren't connected to the launch clamps. Also the moment of rotation of the vtol rotatrons don't match up with the free moving docking washers so there will be some weird forces causing it to fall apart.

Yes, it is. Also, I never thought of launch-clamping the nose cones. Why would the rotator and free moving docking washer be different?

Yes, it is. Also, I never thought of launch-clamping the nose cones. Why would the rotator and free moving docking washer be different?

I'm looking at the orientation according to the horizon. They don't line up. Have you considered using a standard docking washer or possibly a rotatron instead of the VTOL version?

excellent work sirkut. Slapped this new version in, had to reset some of my robotics (the hinges rotated 90 degrees and closed up) but otherwise no problems with previous version parts and I can finally hide the IR window again.