[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Since 0.15 i recognize a massive performance drop related to Infernal Robotics or the Dromoman Parts (60fps without an robotic part, 16fps with).

must.see.output_log.txt Talking about it isn't giving me any help.

No need for output logs. lofi gave me enough to go on. I made a huge newbie mistake and left a debug.log statement on the loose. I'm fixing it and will upload as soon as possible.

The 0.15a Version is great, had some bugs with the 14, thanks for updating it.

But I have one problem/wish/to dump to use it correct thing:

Having the angle limiters in the hinges now as tweakables is cool, but is there a way to not change it by float with 2 digits? an Intervall as int would be enough for me, that way it is quite impossible to set it to a Min Rotation of 0 degrees.

Edited by Alewx
corrected spelling

Maybe I did something wrong, but the GUI buttons in VAB do not move the parts. It still just rotates the parts

As I have said plenty of times it will not make the motors move on the parts. It's merely for rotating the position of the parts.

Ok than this shall mean i have to Change it from float to int for myself :( an Option to config that would be nice.

Baby steps. I get a new release out and the requests resume.

You should put that in your signature, sirkut.

"The rotate button in the editor does not actuate the motors, it rotates the actual parts."

Nah. I'm just going to make a video to show what it does. I'll have that done this morning.

Baby steps. I get a new release out and the requests resume.

It is just that I would have to replace the KSPFields you are currently using with float values with KSPFields that are using int values.

But the last time i really wrote some code is some time ago so might take the weekend to figure out how to compile it with VS2012.

It is just that I would have to replace the KSPFields you are currently using with float values with KSPFields that are using int values.

But the last time i really wrote some code is some time ago so might take the weekend to figure out how to compile it with VS2012.

Like I said, if you'd just wait I'd get another release out that had a KSPField parameter in the CFGs that will allow you to specify your own increment step.

Min/Max Rotate tweakable for rotatrons doesn't work at all for me. It ignores the values I add (min 0, max 180) and keeps rotating past 180 and 360 (the default max) until I release the button. I checked both in my modded and clean install of ksp. Here is the output_log.txt from the clean install (only Goodspeed and MagicSmokeIndustries. I also tested without Goodspeed and MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework but made no difference.)

On a side note I also believe that it would be better if the values were int instead of float or just snap at round numbers.

Something irrelevant but I noticed that IR_RotatronMK2 is missing node_stack_bottom. I don't know if it is intended, just noticed it and thought i should report it.

EDIT

I went through the .cfg (I should've done it before posting, sorry) and the problem is "rotateLimits = False" where I guess it should be

rotateLimits = True
rotateMin = 0
rotateMax = 360

Edited by petros_a_l

Like I said, if you'd just wait I'd get another release out that had a KSPField parameter in the CFGs that will allow you to specify your own increment step.

That would be awesome but also it is a little bit of Training for me.

But the CFG config will be extremly cool.

Min/Max Rotate tweakable for rotatrons doesn't work at all for me. It ignores the values I add (min 0, max 180) and keeps rotating past 180 and 360 (the default max) until I release the button. I checked both in my modded and clean install of ksp. Here is the output_log.txt from the clean install (only Goodspeed and MagicSmokeIndustries. I also tested without Goodspeed and MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework but made no difference.)

On a side note I also believe that it would be better if the values were int instead of float or just snap at round numbers.

Something irrelevant but I noticed that IR_RotatronMK2 is missing node_stack_bottom. I don't know if it is intended, just noticed it and thought i should report it.

EDIT

I went through the .cfg (I should've done it before posting, sorry) and the problem is "rotateLimits = False" where I guess it should be

rotateLimits = True
rotateMin = 0
rotateMax = 360

Floats to Ints is not happening. I've already asked for everyone's input and I essentially got only 2 responses on what to do. One deals with robotics in the real world so I'm just going to go with their input for now. In the next release, if you want it to not increment by 0.01 then you can edit the CFG to make it 1.0

I'll look into the rotatron issue.