[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Think its more than just that. Since its showing version 2.3 as the latest (in fact now I check it again today its now version 2.2). When it had previously had 2.8. Odd.

Think its more than just that. Since its showing version 2.3 as the latest (in fact now I check it again today its now version 2.2). When it had previously had 2.8. Odd.

Confirmed. Looks like an accidental recommit. Don't know if ckan can fix it. MachXXV may have to recommit the current version.

EDIT: Okay, maybe it's an issue with ckan after all. Looks like ckan sees commits of "x.10" as being LESS than "x.9". It's treating version numbers as decimal numbers. That sucks for a lot of modders. (In this case, ckan thinks 2.12 is less than 2.8).

Edited by FlexGunship

maybe it's an issue with ckan after all. Looks like ckan sees commits of "x.10" as being LESS than "x.9". It's treating version numbers as decimal numbers. That sucks for a lot of modders. (In this case, ckan thinks 2.12 is less than 2.8).

Read that last part again, in what numbering system is 2.12 greater than 2.8? The problem is not with CKAN, but with the EE version numbers. Looking at the github releases it went 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 2.11, 2.12... Yea CKAN is going to have a problem with that, and so is anything else that can count. The version number did not increase. I would think this version should be named 3.12, not 2.12 which is less than 2.8, or even the old 2.2 version I currently have installed.

I was checking this thread to see what was going on as even the fist post in this thread showed me an older version number than what I already had.

in what numbering system is 2.12 greater than 2.8

Software versions.

You start with 0.1. Then you have 0.2, then 0.3. When you get to 0.9 and make a new version, it goes to 0.10

These aren't decimals. They're full numbers that happen to be separated by periods.

2.12 is not smaller than 2.8 for the same reason that June 27th (6-27) is not "negative 21"

I wondered if it was related to the version number, maybe ckan is reading wrongly them as decimals. No reply over in the ckan thread yet. In any case done a manual install in the meantime, so least I've got editor back up and running :)

Sorry if this is a known issue. When pressing X, Shift+X and Alt+X for symmetry the behavior is not as expected. It does some funky stuff, such as jump from 1R to 8R, then back to 2R. Any help is appreciated.

I am also having some 'twerky' issues. Alt X or Alt C to reset to base number sometimes fastforwards to different number.

Have not been able to to track down precisely, but when i can reproduce I will submit pic's and logs.

anyway, thanks for great mod. Love it...

I've had that problem forever. Never really though of it as a bug though it obviously is one.

In my experience, what happens is you're in symmetry mode - say - 5 and your mouse passes over something that was put on in symmetry mode - say - 2. The game changes symmetry mode to 2 but EE still thinks it's 5. So when you hit X or shift-X again, it goes to 4 or 6. I never use alt-x (though I should) so I don't know what it'd do in that case.

I only had those issues when I used the version for 1.0.2 in 1.0.4 and given the lack of information in those "Bug reports," that could be what they're experiencing. Anyway, going to try the current version in 1.0.4. I wish I'd understood what this mod did years ago.... >.>

Tried using in 1.0.4 and on the symmetry and angle snap is working. None of the keybinds work at all :(

It must be an incompatible mod or a strange bug for you; my keybindings are working fine on 1.0.4 (and I'm running 28 other mods).

• 2 weeks later...

List:

1. Add ability to highlight connected parts when hovering mouse over strut / fuel line and pressing keyboard shortcut. Useful when doing inner strutting of parts that are very close but not directly attached (for example wings that attach to one fuselage section but span more than that).

2.Keyboard shortcut to reset entire craft to editor center. For example SHIFT+SPACE, that way user hits space to reset camera and then shift+space to reposition craft, kind of 1-2-punch-combo.

For item 1. i've got ideas from :

- Editor Extensions (strut alignement)

- Part Wizard (part highlighting)

So, the item 1. idea is kind of amalgam of the above mentioned plugins, so i'm not really sure which one should implement this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Add:

3. Solve the flicker/twitch when pressing X to change simmetry number. (It is very annoying)

4. Add a button to center a part in the vertical center of a rocket (when looking the rocket from above or below)

Thanks again MachXXV, you're a pro.

Another request : per-axis centering while using offset gizmo. This would be an extension of horizontal and vertical snap. Workflow : user selects offset gizmo, selects target part, click-and-hold (or just hover mouse over) desired axis and finally presses v key (same as default for vertical snap). Absolute/Relative modes should not affect this (center is center no matter how you look at it).

Edited by fatcargo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello. please, add the lever on each axis of rotation sphere. very difficult to turn part on a small angle when the lever arm a little :(

if there will be a levers, which can be pulled on desired length - it will be very useful