Anyway else think the Despicable Me Minions must be close relatives to Kerbals?

Rocket Farmer

When I started playing the KSP demo, one of the first things I said to my wife was, "This game would be 100 times funnier if they used the minions from Despicable Me." Maybe the KSP developers can ask about licensing them.

Or maybe somebody should just make a mod to swap kerbals for minions.. I feel like I need that mod.

I don't really know how to do that and I am confident from other games I have attempted to make mods for that if I did try this it would probably suck. I just wish one of the more talented KSP modders was willing to make something like this. I've been searching the googles and all I keep finding is "Yeah it's probably possible with [unnamed program X] forum rules But I Don't see anybody stating that they have in fact used [unnamed program X] to do so or "Yeah I did this, here's a screenshot to prove it" which seems to be a theme with people who play KSP. Somebody suggest something like this and people look up from their game and go "Yeah probably possible" and that's all that is ever said about it. VOT IZ THEES?

I agree with Vostok that they seem more like the Rabbids, minus the Rabbids' extremely annoying desire to frustrate the people around them (sorry, I don't like that show :mad:)

I like the Minions though, so let's just say that they're more like the Minions...

Or maybe somebody should just make a mod to swap kerbals for minions.. I feel like I need that mod.

The problem is that even if it is a mod you will still be running into copyright issues. (Yes, copyrights still apply even if you aren't making any money.) Studios have a history of aggressively enforcing copyrights against even perceived violations. They would probably go after Squad as well, claiming that the use of the Minions mod enhanced Squad's profitability. They have armies of lawyers on staff, and they don't screw around. I would highly recommend that Squad kill any mods that use copyrighted material unless the modder can show that they have obtained license to use it.

I'm pretty sure this guy is a Kerbal. Obviously something disastrous has happened to his glorious square head, possibly had his brain sucked out by space-parasites, but apart from that, he has all the features of the Kerbin master-race. He's even got an appropriate name.

Kermit-in-space.jpg

• 11 months later...

Well, it's July again, time to break out this thread out of retirement in anticipation of the Minions release.

[Apologies if it sets off necro-alerts, thought it would be better to necro than start anew.]

I definitely think minions and kerbals are somehow related. I have a fondness for both in much the same manner.

...But I think the minions and Gru were inspired by the characters in the Evil Genius game.

I like to think that Kerbals are the just-barely-into-the-space-age distant ancestors of the crew in the Galaxy Trucker board game. Both involve cartoony little astronauts cobbling together spaceships from spare parts and then barely holding them together (maybe) through various obstacles at breakneck speed.

This is SO going to be my signature.....

You should at least give credit.... Navypilot1046 should sue for copyright breach! :)

The Kiwi is our national bird, it is flightless.... which is why a clever human Kiwi came up with this...

But sadly.... the Kiwi probably died when he got to the bottom...

Which explains why Kiwi's love KSP... its better than committing suicide... and means we CAN fly.

Minions? I think the clever Kiwi is more related to both Minions and Kerbals.

- - - Updated - - -

JUST FOUND THIS .....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/70154326/dear-customers-that-minion-isnt-cursing-sincerely-mcdonalds

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.