Half-Life 3? Discussion

Brabbit1987

Perhaps Portal 3 and HL3 are the same thing? Regarding the future of the project, I came to think of that there is the unlikely possibility that Valve has buried the project, as they might never be able to reach up to the expectations. Thsi choise might have been done in order to keep the legend of Gordon Freeman alive instead of choosing the rough termination á la Duke Nukem... Bah! Ignore what I just said, it´s all humbug.

Perhaps Portal 3 and HL3 are the same thing? Regarding the future of the project, I came to think of that there is the unlikely possibility that Valve has buried the project, as they might never be able to reach up to the expectations. Thsi choise might have been done in order to keep the legend of Gordon Freeman alive instead of choosing the rough termination á la Duke Nukem... Bah! Ignore what I just said, it´s all humbug.

Not necessarily. You very well could be correct. This has been done in the past many times before with movies as an example. It isn't totally out of the question that a game company would decide to do the same. End on a good note, not a bad one.

However, it's unlikely because they would have mentioned this if this is really what they decided. There would be no reason or motive for them to not tell us.

how about i interject with this idea for the rest of you for if you look back and notice what they did with the team fortress series by adding man and machine after 2 so as that they don't say 3 and if anything valve should do but one thing for both half life and portal. they should combine them in a single game that shows from the past and the future from both the perspectives of gordon freeman and what protagonist they will use for the portal side and call it the combine chronicles and end it all already

(I will concede however, that Portal 2 was awesome and totally made up for the silence... somewhat)

I would rather another installment in the Portal series than another one in the Half-Life series.

2) The project has gone Duke Nukem Forever on us and is bouncing around from engine to engine, team to team, or concept to concept and will come to us a decade from now in a garbled up mess.

(and I am hopefully optimistic that this is the likeliest option, given Valve's reputation)

Half correct. They have been working on Source Engine 2, so they haven't had time to work on any game. Had to break the ice with a rational argument.

EDIT: Since the moon scene in Portal 2 showed that the oceans were restored to normal, indicating the combine wars are over, and that the only way for both series to combine is to combine them after the combine wars are over.

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit

well for thing obviously the combine wars would be over by then because portal 2 took place up to thousands of years in the future but they can always do time travel or clone Chell or have on the borealis some frozen test subjects with only one survivor who you play as who could even be like Chell's cousin or something

Edit: i don't know what they may think up but what ever it is better be good if they actually do it. it also better not be a episode 3 because i will set fire to whatever store i see that in if they do because the episode are so SHORT. if they call it something cool like the Combine Chronicles and/or have it long like HL2 i will buy it

Edited by Helix935

I would rather another installment in the Portal series than another one in the Half-Life series.

Half correct. They have been working on Source Engine 2, so they haven't had time to work on any game. Had to break the ice with a rational argument.

EDIT: Since the moon scene in Portal 2 showed that the oceans were restored to normal, indicating the combine wars are over, and that the only way for both series to combine is to combine them after the combine wars are over.

Most people know they are working on Source 2, but that does not mean they do not have time to work on games, I think your underestimating how big Valve grew. They are no longer that small company that only consisted of 1 team. Now they have different teams for different things XD. They even have a VR department that now is helping with Oculus Rift.

Also Valve not only has been working on source 2, but they are all about user generated content. Gabe said he wants to make it possible for steam to have user generated stores and such. It honestly sounds like the same concept as youtube but for video games. It's an interesting idea. He talks about how they realized user generate not only more content then they could, but sometimes even much better content then they could ever make themselves. So now they are trying to take advantage of that, and give the users as many tools to do this as possible.

He said if they are right, it will be amazing. If they are wrong ... well ... he said it should make a comical failure.

그들ì€ 단지 ì Âì–´ë„ 지금 우리와 함께 장난 있습니다.

They are just messing with us, for now at least.

Ya I know. They love to do that.

So HL3 or HL2 EP3 are not out yet? Curse you for raising my hopes.

I`ll not bother discussing it if it`s not released. It`s pointless the same way it has been pointless for years, the way Duke Nukem was pointless for years then still pointless because the game sucked compared to the hype (it had no chance to be fair)

I`ll look at the game when released then I`ll squeee with the best but I won`t waste energy speculating until that point.

So HL3 or HL2 EP3 are not out yet? Curse you for raising my hopes.

I`ll not bother discussing it if it`s not released. It`s pointless the same way it has been pointless for years, the way Duke Nukem was pointless for years then still pointless because the game sucked compared to the hype (it had no chance to be fair)

I`ll look at the game when released then I`ll squeee with the best but I won`t waste energy speculating until that point.

Well I agree with you for the most part on this. Which is the main reason I posted this topic. I was saying that HL3 has got to be one of the most hyped games in existence that no one knows if it even actually exists XD. I am not exactly hyped for it, like as if it's going to be something spectacular, but I would be lying if I said I am not curious about it. Valve is one of my favorite game companies, so just about everything they do, peeks my curiosity.

• 1 month later...

Guys, it's obvious that during the development of Half-Life 3, valve realized that it was far too amazing for us mortals to play. After completing the game and loosing many excellent testers, they began selling the game [insert the afterlife of your religion here]. In short, HL3 is concentrated heaven that'd kill off the globe if released to the market.

Well we all remember Duke Nukem Forever... not really a joke anymore sense it happened. It was only an 'OK' game not worth 14 ****ing years of waiting though. A development period that long would lead you to expect that such a game would instantly bring you to nirvana after having died from gamer orgasm! Likewise if Half Life 3 ever comes out it better be so mind blowing incredibly awesome for taking this long to develop.

SteamOS has been announced. Probably their hardware will be announced tomorrow.

The third day I'm guessing is going to be a new engine, most likely Source 2, which has already be confirmed to be real.

Everytime a new source type comes out a new Half-life comes out. GoldSrc: Half-life. Source: Half-life 2. Source 2: Half-life 3? Left for Dead 3 maybe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.