Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

With the amount of knit-picking and complaining, I find it amazing that people are still making anything at all. If it were me, I'd say screw it and delete the files.

Just goes to show that these guys are not in it for anything else other than their enjoyment, and I hope they care less what people have to say about their timelines on their projects.

I, for one, am excited about this mod, and can't wait until it's finished (whenever that may be).

Just remember, when you're on the internet and exposed to the whole of humanity, be ready for disappointment.

modding can often take months. In a business setting, 3d design is split among a large group of people, all doing only a little bit of this or that before it's passed on to the next worker in the chain. when you're a single person, it's you doing all of that work. modeling is not necessarily difficult, but very tedious. these programs don't always work the way you want them to either. needless to say, it's a complex process with a lot of steps to take. you're the whole production line, from the drawing board to the factory floor. design decision choices can often take a lot of time to mull over. sometimes you can work for hours and get very little done, and projects can take dozens upon dozens of hours, which you might be able to work on only an hour a day or less. many of us modelers make models in our free time at our own leisure. sometimes we need a break, sometimes we hit brick walls that we don't want to deal with at the moment. we're not being paid to do this, yet we devote countless man hours to it. there's a point where something stops being fun and seems more like a chore, because too much of anything is a bad thing....so we take breaks. the one main advantage though, is as a sole creator of a mod, you have complete quality control over every aspect of the process. no bureaucracy to steer you except...

I find commentators often do more harm than good. they try to change the nature of your project with suggestions, piling more work on. then they push and push and whine when a project isn't ready soon after they hear of it. but when it comes down to it, KSP is a game that most modders, don't play as much as non modders. we're often veterans that have done everything there is to do in the game that like to give people something new to play with, but at our leisure.

fortunate for me, that while I do listen to suggestions -- I also know when to tune them out.

people also should keep in mind that even if you see a complete looking model, there's still plenty of work to be done.

Edited by trekkie_

This thread continues to be a source of shocked puzzlement for me, I for one wouldn't lose sleep if it was locked for a wee while. Or comments moderated at least. Some show of force from the mods wouldn't go amiss, theres been alot of this badgering on many threads since .22 came up. I dunno if any of that would be appropriate, but I guess you can't stop folk from complaining.

eh, I think the guy who did the modeling did a great job, but the person in charge of the code could be forgiven for a rush job.

also people are taking criticism of the OP/dev WAY too personally and need to relax/let people voice opinions/concerns.

Edited by betaking

eh, I think the guy who did the modeling did a great job, but the person in charge of the code could be forgiven for a rush job.

also people are taking criticism of the OP/dev WAY too personally and need to relax/let people voice opinions/concerns.

Yet their complaining completely disregards the fact that Helldiver and ZRM have greater priorities now, which has been mentioned. In my eyes, that's just plain rude.

People asking for a earlier release is not criticism, its just rude, especially when we have a ETA.

I've been following this thread since the beginning until today, which will be the last day.

It has become a thread mostly of followers which seem to like to gang up against a dissenting voice, such as Dragon01.

Dragon01 has developed mods, is quite knowledgable on KSP, the customs and development (just look at the number of forum posts).

Doesn't he have the right to voice his opinion just like every other member of the forum? Does it have to result in two pages of condemnation?

Frankly, the design of the Dauntless is brilliant but i don't care if it never flies in KSP. Usually the endproduct of a design is less pleasing than the design itself.

Cheers,

TheCardinal

P.s. no need to react to this post. I won't read it anyway.

People asking for a earlier release is not criticism, its just rude, especially when we have a ETA.

I just found this (hellhole) of a topic and thought Id react:

The ETA should be put in the OP for eveyone to read.

Going trough more then a thousand messages looking IF there has been an ETA announced is madness.

Furthermore it is also HUMAN to be impatient and it should be considered a compliment that people are actually waiting for this mod, itching to play it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this shuttle but it's been mentioned numerous times that it will not be released until it fits the author's vision of what they want it to be. Furthermore, one of the devs has stated they have priorities to attend to first before development can continue. So we will all have to be patient. That's all there is to it. So we can all continue bickering or we can be patient.

Good luck on your education ZRM and I look forward to December when we can read more on the development of this shuttle.

tbh, i've lost interest in this mod quite some time ago. It's trying to cram in way too many features and ends up delayed more and more. If it has gone the simple way and just focused on parts, it'd be out long ago. We've had the same thing when developing the css, until we decided to knock it off and release it. Yes, i know the css is shoddy, but for unrelated reasons we couldn't fix anyway. I'd say, drop the mft and mfd stuff, reduce plugins to what's absolutely vital and release this. Then patch it once other stuff is ready. For the basic version, it's better to keep it simple.

stop bugging the modders! If you want a mod make it yourself!

I've got a novel suggestion for EVERYONE!

Shut up.

The mod will be released when it's released. Don't complain.

If someone does complain, let them. Ignore them. No one is forcing you to read and respond to these.

Regardless....

helldiver, I'm too lazy tog o back and read the previous 109 pages (:P), but what exactly was the issue? I caught something about .22 breaking attachment nodes, or something?

stop bugging the modders! If you want a mod make it yourself!

Here is a sugestion, read the damn post, or a couple above you, Dragon01 IS a moder, and MADE a space shuttle mod, your comment just makes you look look like an idiot.

Worked on this one right here actualy.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/8428-Component-Space-Shuttle-V-5-0-1-%28July-14-2013%29

Yes, he also said there were some issues with it but they released it anyway. I haven't followed that progress of his mod, but it kinda sounds like they/he gave into pressure from his followers and released it when it wasn't ready.

I'm not saying that is good or bad. That was Dragon01's decision.

Helldiver and zrm do not want to do that. That should be the end of it.

Edited by BostLabs

Aaaaand when was the last time someone posted something constructive on here?

Can people just...NOT post about the "waiting" issue for a while, I'm bored.

When was the last time we even had concrete information from the OP to discuss? If this was my mod, I'd certainly be reluctant to return to this thread...

I realise that this post errs on the hypocritical side, so I'll not be returning here until I see something worth reading.

PS: hope that didn't come across as a complaint against the OP for not returning.

Yes, We have waited a long time, but why so impateint!? A mod is better released later rather than never...

It has been 3 months, I think it is time to release it, I mean come one I've seen much better mods made in less than a month! Just release a beta version and see what people think, it is better than nothing.

Ungrateful backseat modder, why am I not surprised at that?? Helldiver is working on the mod, but IIRC the work that ZRM was doing is being held up because of his own circumstances. Helldiver has said he has no plans whatsoever to release it in a state that he feels is not ready to be released, If you can't understand and respect that you should think about taking a crack at modelling and putting stuff in KSP yourself!!!!!

Try seeing how much work even the basic stuff is before you start saying for him to release a beta for a HIGHLY(!) complex mod that he feels isn't ready!!!:mad:

And just so you know I took both an Engineering class, and a Gaming Introduction class in high school, So I've had some experience working with both modelling programs and working on trying to make even basic game aspects work.......

Edited by Railgunner2160