New ideas and Concept art, for those who can build it! Write a review!! ;)

Wanner364

EVA'd kerbal robots! I LOVE IT!

These bot's would actually make a good mechanical boy for B9K to take, probably. It would result in a slightly less creepy scenario in the event that the crew of a rocket was incapacitated.

I second that notion, but the parts that I think everyone want the most (and will be the hardest to make) are those utility robots.

that's true, but there's no info out there on getting new characters into the game if that's how it was to work. I'd imagine you could turn the robot into a small self contained ship in itself though with a few animations. worth a try, but I'll go for the easier stuff first.

Edited by Ohfive30

Awesome part designs.

As for the robot though... I feel that something more similar to Asimo would look good. He's already diminuitive, and can run, climb over obstacles and is capable of understanding the difference between objects. Obviously Asimo itself is not in KSP style - far too modern looking for KSP's cold war-era aesthetic. Perhaps a Kerbal-shaped Asimo but without most of its plastic shell? I need to find out what an Asimo would look like with its shell removed.

I really like the style of the cockpits and the exhaust vents, would you mind if I made a mod out of them? I've been looking for something to turn into a mod and I'm not much of a concept artist myself.

Hey there, i am not much of a mod maker, but sure, give it a try...

will you be able to animated the to swivel around? it would be great! :)

uxqeKxP.jpg

Another Cockpit design, maybe there's already a mods like this, i don't know but hey i thought its good idea anyway.... don't ast about the kerbals fighting (they are a peaceful bunch)... i drew for a reference to what size the craft should be like.

Hey there, i am not much of a mod maker, but sure, give it a try...

will you be able to animated the to swivel around? it would be great! :)

yep, it's possible to animate the swivelling, I just have to have a look around at how it's done. There's VTOL engines in the B9 Aerospace pack, so I know it's possible.

Awesome part designs.

As for the robot though... I feel that something more similar to Asimo would look good. He's already diminuitive, and can run, climb over obstacles and is capable of understanding the difference between objects. Obviously Asimo itself is not in KSP style - far too modern looking for KSP's cold war-era aesthetic. Perhaps a Kerbal-shaped Asimo but without most of its plastic shell? I need to find out what an Asimo would look like with its shell removed.

The reason it doesn't look really all that ASIMO like is because he designed the V2 KUR (Kerbal Utility Robot) to flat-pack against the side of the hull.

Have you got names for any of the cockpit concepts at all?

I don't have a name for it am afraid- I think it would be useless to name them coz I think everybody will have a disagreement what it should be called, but at the moment it's just going to be code of Mk1, Mk 2 etc

Of course it's depending on the shape, size and looks they all play a part of what you are going to build- so I am going leave it at the moment. By all means give me any suggestions...

However I am liking the name K.U.R for the robot- someone suggested that one- what do you guys think? What do you think the name of the robot's name should be?

(It has to have a meaning like Kerbal Utility Robot (K.U.R)

However I am liking the name K.U.R for the robot- someone suggested that one- what do you guys think? What do you think the name of the robot's name should be?

(It has to have a meaning like Kerbal Utility Robot (K.U.R)

I don't have a name for it am afraid- I think it would be useless to name them coz I think everybody will have a disagreement what it should be called, but at the moment it's just going to be code of Mk1, Mk 2 etc

Of course it's depending on the shape, size and looks they all play a part of what you are going to build- so I am going leave it at the moment. By all means give me any suggestions...

I've come up with some names for each of the cockpits so I can get them in game, I'll post a WIP thread in the add-on forums shortly and let you know when it's there. it's easy enough to change the names if you really don't like them, I just needed something to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

It is supposed to be a simple single seater command module, but my dad said that being realistic in space; triangle is not the best shape becuase its weak structure thats why the russians modules are sphere, but i will be designing & drawing a sphere look command module in the near future.

Edited by Wanner364

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.