New ideas and Concept art, for those who can build it! Write a review!! ;)

Wanner364

I love the second version of the emergency escape capsule, it looks awesome, I can't wait to start putting that into the mod. I'm determined to get the current models textured first though, I've just finished the explorer cockpit (the yellow one) and I'm planning to start the texture for the triangular pod tonight as long as i don't spend too long getting the explorer working correctly in-game.

i really like some of these ideas, may i model some?

I'd love to see some of these concepts rendered the way you've done your other artwork. Some of the models are already built & textured as a mod that's a work in progress, so if there's any of those that would be useful to you then let me know, and i can send them through to you. here's the thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41700-WIP-PARTS-Random-Parts-Mod

You're kidding? You're into space games and you've never played the original Elite? That's the Cobra Mk III, the main flyable ship from the 80s game, the first one. Of course it appeared in the sequels too, suitably upgraded.

Love the WIB vehicle. You don't see many blue ships :)

As to Elite, yeah I kind of guessed. A lot of people here are younger than me. *Waggles walking cane in the air* Ya young wippersnappers don't know what it's like to land a REAL rocket ship! Why in my day... blah blah blah.

Ahem, well I was just thinking that that ship was sort of iconic to space gamers. Shows what I know? Plus of course from Frontier and the upcoming Elite Dangerous. Well I'm sure there's tons of stuff out there that I don't know about that people can't believe I'm not aware of... mostly sports stuff :)

Love the WIB vehicle. You don't see many blue ships :)

As to Elite, yeah I kind of guessed. A lot of people here are younger than me. *Waggles walking cane in the air* Ya young wippersnappers don't know what it's like to land a REAL rocket ship! Why in my day... blah blah blah.

Ahem, well I was just thinking that that ship was sort of iconic to space gamers. Shows what I know? Plus of course from Frontier and the upcoming Elite Dangerous. Well I'm sure there's tons of stuff out there that I don't know about that people can't believe I'm not aware of... mostly sports stuff :)

I've always felt like I /should/ play it, but... the original X games are about as low as I can tolerate in terms of graphical fidelity.

On Topic: I somehow missed this thread. Definitely some cool concepts; I like your style. I may take a crack at a few of them just for practice, see how they turn out.

In that case even Frontier would be a bit low on graphical quality. Though there was that Russian mod to it that did spice the graphics up a lot. Never did try that out. *shrugs* Still, Frontier is a little different from most of those types of game. It's about the only flightsim (barring Orbiter, KSP etc) I know that has true Newtonian physics involved. You don't just fly at a given speed in space, you actually accelerate like a real space ship. Very cool for the time. Even the new Elite Dangerous went back to 'speeds' in space. Very odd, but expected I guess to get more players interested.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.