Yet another strike for the typical CoD player

stupid_chris

I was just going around earlier when I found this: http://kotaku.com/death-threats-follow-small-call-of-duty-tweak-888324886

Needless to say I facepalmed really hard. I don't play CoD, but can someone who does explain me what the fuss is about? Like how come everyone just goes nuts for things like that? Is that the whole minority or a major part of the players that craze up this way? I'm confused honestly.

(Note the typical in the title, I'm not accusing every CoD player to be like this, but it seems like a majority of them are. So if you are a CoD player, you probably know how you are, don't feel targeted if this doesn't apply to you.)

You see here young forums people, this is what we will never (hopefully) see on these forums. We are nice space people!

And what these people are yelling about, is "Quickscoping", the description is in the name. Esentially you tap the aim in button then let go, and kill someone proceeding with 7 year olds yelling about how 1337 360 n0s0p3 cr055 m4p (Is how they think thats spelled)

and that's why i don't play CoD. really hate the community of these types of games.

I enjoyed BF3 for a while but then it started turning the same way as this

CS:Go i love and enjoy i play gun game as it's fun and play on 18+ servers but standard servers still this sort of thing happens

and that's why i don't play CoD. really hate the community of these types of games.

I enjoyed BF3 for a while but then it started turning the same way as this

CS:Go i love and enjoy i play gun game as it's fun and play on 18+ servers but standard servers still this sort of thing happens

Battlefield is such a better game. but as more and more people see it as a better game, more and more people like the OP is talking about join in... and the "new" run and gun style battlefield is adopting is not helping... like the close quarters DLC. pure garbage to me, but it was voted as the best DLC for BF3.

I also do not play COD. I hate it. It is so unrealistic.

I also do not play COD. I hate it. It is so unrealistic.

Not trying to argue for CoD, because I really don't like it neither (although to me the reason lays in the lack of a potent story and the total repetitiveness of the game mechanics), you have to admit the KSP is not the most realistic thing either. Superdense planets, underweight star, wobbly rockets, etc. It's all for gameplay, and I believe that magical healing in CoD is for gameplay reasons too. But I still get your idea.

Not trying to argue for CoD, because I really don't like it neither (although to me the reason lays in the lack of a potent story and the total repetitiveness of the game mechanics), you have to admit the KSP is not the most realistic thing either. Superdense planets, underweight star, wobbly rockets, etc. It's all for gameplay, and I believe that magical healing in CoD is for gameplay reasons too. But I still get your idea.

Yes the over used game mechanics is a big problem. been the same game forever... But unrealistic in the means of RPG's and grenades and c4 don't do anything but hurt people, not a single chip in the ground or a wall, bushes and stuff are like walking into walls (minus the 10 in each map that are 1 foot tall and can be crouched in), gold/tiger stripe/diamond/all other stupid weapon camos do not represent anything realistic in warfare. and the size of the maps is a big factor. you can literaly spawn in, stand still, and someone will be there in less than 30 seconds.

I like my warfare as realistic as i can get it.

Yes the over used game mechanics is a big problem. been the same game forever... But unrealistic in the means of RPG's and grenades and c4 don't do anything but hurt people, not a single chip in the ground or a wall, bushes and stuff are like walking into walls (minus the 10 in each map that are 1 foot tall and can be crouched in), gold/tiger stripe/diamond/all other stupid weapon camos do not represent anything realistic in warfare. and the size of the maps is a big factor. you can literaly spawn in, stand still, and someone will be there in less than 30 seconds.

I like my warfare as realistic as i can get it.

Meh I feel you. The only shooter I play is Halo, and the reason I play it is because of the friggin amazing story. I nearly cried at the end of Halo 4, I'm that much into the story.

Stuff like this is why I don't play shooters. And I guess because they feel very same-y. Halo was cool though.

I don't know if you still watch it go lately, but the E3 trailer for Halo 5 is kinda showing that they are diverting from the classical "kill the bad guys/aliens to save humanity/USA" type of shooter story and that they're going for a psychological intrigue, and I'm really liking it.

I don't know if you still watch it go lately, but the E3 trailer for Halo 5 is kinda showing that they are diverting from the classical "kill the bad guys/aliens to save humanity/USA" type of shooter story and that they're going for a psychological intrigue, and I'm really liking it.

To be honest, I lost interest in Halo after playing Reach, and Halo 4 totally unimpressed me. For me, Halo 2 had, by far, the best campaign, even with the cliffhanger ending. And I think it also had the best soundtrack! High Charity Suite was beautiful.

To be honest, I lost interest in Halo after playing Reach, and Halo 4 totally unimpressed me. For me, Halo 2 had, by far, the best campaign, even with the cliffhanger ending. And I think it also had the best soundtrack! High Charity Suite was beautiful.

Yes, the Halo soundtrack is the best. And yeah, I guess Halo 4 maybe isn't the best of them all, but I really did like how the plot shifted on the Cortana/John relationship. The story was well laid, but I feel like it was a bit rushed forward and went on too quickly. I think that was mostly due to 343's lack of experience, pretty sure they'll get better over time.

yep i lost interest in Halo after 2. the first two were awesome. Man i remember getting my Xbox and Halo.... can you believe it was so flippin long ago.... holy crap. But after 2 i lost all interest. turned into another regurgitated game over and over.

and don't get me wrong, i played the others and tried to like them... just couldn't. I like being able to aim down the sights and Halo never evolved.

What do you expect? CoD's marketing is targeted entirely towards this little slew of children. Think about what a twelve year old would say about their commercials. That's why I don't even consider the Call of Duty series to be games, Howard Stern said it best "It's a bunch of little white punks running around and calling each other the 'N' word" Quite frankly, I've given up on multiplayer first person shooters, Red Faction and Just Cause 2 each quench my thirst for chaos and mayhem, unlike virtually every FPS I've played. If I want multiplayer, I have Red Faction, Saint's Row, and Army of two. And people, please, don't make fun of CoD, you're just beating a dead horse... a cold, rotting, decaying horse body full of 12 year old maggots... (Quite frankly, telling me that CoD is a game is an insult to my ingenuity, or proof of your lack thereof)

yep i lost interest in Halo after 2. the first two were awesome. Man i remember getting my Xbox and Halo.... can you believe it was so flippin long ago.... holy crap. But after 2 i lost all interest. turned into another regurgitated game over and over.

and don't get me wrong, i played the others and tried to like them... just couldn't. I like being able to aim down the sights and Halo never evolved.

Bah, different strokes for different folks I guess. The story kept me hooked up in the games, even though it is true Halo 3 and Halo 4 are the two Halo games with the lowest ranking to me, I see it just as a television series that has a streak of two not as good episodes. I'm looking forward to Halo 5, I believe 343 is on something there.

What do you expect? CoD's marketing is targeted entirely towards this little slew of children. Think about what a twelve year old would say about their commercials. That's why I don't even consider the Call of Duty series to be games, Howard Stern said it best "It's a bunch of little white punks running around and calling each other the 'N' word" Quite frankly, I've given up on multiplayer first person shooters, Red Faction and Just Cause 2 each quench my thirst for chaos and mayhem, unlike virtually every FPS I've played. If I want multiplayer, I have Red Faction, Saint's Row, and Army of two. And people, please, don't make fun of CoD, you're just beating a dead horse... a cold, rotting, decaying horse body full of 12 year old maggots... (Quite frankly, telling me that CoD is a game is an insult to my ingenuity, or proof of your lack thereof)

Yeah, I was just still kinda suprised by that reaction. For such a minor change, even from the CoD community this left me baffled. Like he amount of over reacting there is just astonishing.

You see here young forums people, this is what we will never (hopefully) see on these forums. We are nice space people!

*looks at join date*

Hmm, must be an April Derp victim. But anyway, you have a point.

Also, it's common for any game to have something like this at some point, but it depends on a player's mental capacity and maturity factor.

Edited by Flixxbeatz
Just clarifying some point. I don't want to be struck down by any Sir Debates-A-Lot who happen to go around here.

They should do a test: Claim they're going to change the most popular weapon, then do nothing. Bet they'd still get the hate & death threats complaining that they'd ruined the game.

I used to really love Call of Duty 2 on the PC. I'd play it online with friends and it'd be a good bit of fun. I always did rather well. Bought the first Black Ops to see if I still enjoyed it... no. People online are freakishly good; they must do nothing else other than constantly play it. I couldn't even move without getting killed.

There's few trolls every now and then, but TF2 is still better than this. If you want pretty nice community Natural Selection 2 is a good game to play.

They should do a test: Claim they're going to change the most popular weapon, then do nothing. Bet they'd still get the hate & death threats complaining that they'd ruined the game.

I used to really love Call of Duty 2 on the PC. I'd play it online with friends and it'd be a good bit of fun. I always did rather well. Bought the first Black Ops to see if I still enjoyed it... no. People online are freakishly good; they must do nothing else other than constantly play it. I couldn't even move without getting killed.

This is why I like TF2 & NS2, most of the time you don't die in one or two hits and actually have a chance to retaliate against your assailant.

I play competitive team fortress 2 and have done for a good few years now. The community is generaly really nice. Of course there are some pubescent rage machines but overall its a very pleasant experience. Hence why I still play.

Some of the COD games are good, but now it's too repetitive, same game over and over again. As for the community .... lol. Ya, I don't play it online.

My favorite FPS games are Halo, Half-life, and Counter-Strike. Never got into TF2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.