Say it here if .21 works perfectly for you

stupid_chris

0.21 is working great for me so far! I slapped together a modest 2-stage rocket with fairings and a satellite, and she flew beautifully. No discernible wobble, and no struts were used. I'm extremely happy.

The more I read through the other threads regarding ASAS the more face palming I do. I can understand how some might want it a bit snappier, but everything I've tested so far flies SO much more smoothly than it used to. I can't believe it's getting negative reception. I'm strongly inclined to think this is more a case of a few very squeaky wheels....the poll seems to agree.

.21 is working great for me.

But ASAS is supposed to hold your heading. That was the use of the part, compared to the regular SAS.

No it was not. The old SAS part added additional torque and would use that torque to try and stabilize the craft, mainly stopping rotation. The old ASAS would do the same thing but used control surfaces and RCS instead of torque, so it was more effective at stabilizing the craft through pitch, yaw, and roll. But it would never hold your heading. If you disagree get in an orbit and point prograde and toggle the SAS/ASAS on, you will notice that your ship will rotate and within half an orbit or so and you will be pointing retrograde. Proof.

I find the new SAS/ASAS to be fantastic.

Am I the only one who's having no issues with .21? Everything is working perfectly here. The SAS module is doing exactly the work it's intended for (meaning stabilizing your rocket, not holding a heading), the terrain looks great, the craters are beautiful, the space center is gorgeous, the crew management system works great, new parts are functional, nothing is broken, not getting any crash in any way... really, I can't be the only one that has everything working properly, no?

We had this thread a while back when .20 came out. People who are having problems, will show them out and ask for them to be fixed, but those who aren't usually stay silent and just enjoy the game. Now I just want to see how many people actually have this working properly, so if .21 works great for you, post it here, this way we can get a real image of the situation.

Thanks to everyone.

hey Chris, no issues whatsoever. Space planes, Rockets, Docking, Landing.. SAS. Everything is great. I don't get what the SAS complaints are, my guess is perhaps a misunderstanding about how or what the parts do? There was a need to slightly reconfigure some crafts as there's not enough torque in some. holding headings is fine for space burns.. really don't understand the complaints :huh:

Edited by Tobyz28

It's working fine for me - I did a clean install of 0.21... I wonder how many people who are having problems just upgraded over their existing version and/or have pieces of mods interfering.

I know this isn't a thread for complaining, I'm just saying that I'm having issues with the SAS and I did a clean install and am running it stock, no mods. So for some people, it's not through a fault of their own.

First bug - Minor bug (surprised it got through QA though). Setting up a launch with kerbals in it, if you load a 3 module pod up, configure the crew to have 2 empty seats, it launches full still...

As i said in the other thread, i threw together a pretty qiuck plane (which i am really not good at) and had the most calm flight throughout my howle ksp plane building career (Jeb approved the plane design, so something must be right about it, if its the design or the parts, i daon't care, he is happy :D ). haven't tested rockets and stations yet, but i guess i can work with the new system

Unless something really bad happens, .21 works great for me, thanks squad :D

for me, its the best update ever hehe...the SAS is working fine, its a little weak but still better than the old SAS, now i can play with planes in IVA without getting sick....i found something, when i go to map view, the sound of the rockets stop, i dont know if that is a bug, or the devs make this, or i have something off in sound options....but well, its fine to me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.