Say it here if .21 works perfectly for you

stupid_chris

Maybe Ive had a stroke recently but a thread about nothing is wrong doesn't help anything. If you are not allowed to be counted with those who do have a problem it paints this rosy picture that nothing is wrong, because just read this thread....no problems to be seen, because that is forbidden to speak of them.

Maybe you could sell this thread idea to the middle east, they are looking for a problem solver for some issues they have.

Maybe Ive had a stroke recently but a thread about nothing is wrong doesn't help anything. If you are not allowed to be counted with those who do have a problem it paints this rosy picture that nothing is wrong, because just read this thread....no problems to be seen, because that is forbidden to speak of them.

Maybe you could sell this thread idea to the middle east, they are looking for a problem solver for some issues they have.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Criticism is necessary, it's true. We need to point out the problems, but pointing out the good things is also necessary. By the look of the forums, it was like everyone had their SAS working terribly, and the devs need a concrete way of knowing whether or not this generalizes to everyone. Positive output is just as useful than negative output. Now please return discuss the problems elsewhere.

EDIT: If you disagree, please discuss with our head developer:

Thanks to the OP for creating this thread!

It's very interesting how on a thread about people not having issues, I was able to pick out pretty much all the same bugs we had gleaned off the more uh, negative threads, and in a much less depressing way.

Hearing from those who AREN'T experiencing a bug is very often just as important as hearing from those that are.

Cheers

Source

Thread

Edited by stupid_chris

I appreciate threads like this. The way I see it, I have an option to upgrade to each new version. If it weren't for threads like this, I might still be playing .17 because the majority of the forum traffic after each update is "RAWR YOU BROKE MY GAME!!11!one!" and it makes it sound like the worst thing SQUAD did ever was continue to develop KSP. I don't blame anyone for this, I think it's a product of the fact that there are some people who experience bugs or things they absolutely don't like and they feel the need to express that, while the ones who don't experience bugs or are generally happy with the changes are off playing the game and aren't even thinking about the forums for a few days.

I know that there are going to be bugs and I know there's probably going to be a 21.1 if not a 21.2 released in the near future, but these types of threads reassure me that it's worth starting my space empire over my scratch. Just saying.

Saved Craft files are bugged, can remove parts but not replace with new ones which then locks the game and forces a restart, weird static fluctuating sound and very loud, parts go opaque and you cant connect them very pretty to look at but all the mods are broken again, oh well back to the previous version till the modders do there thing and update for this version god bless them.

There is nothing wrong about critisism. But there must be room for those who do not or still have not experienced any issues. All those pure hate threads about how bad and **** every new update is do not help either. Harsh critisism is ok, pure rant about any little change that did something the user did not anticipate is not helping anyway.

I don't see many fanboys around here, just couple of people who have not experienced the issues other experienced. Even if the update was absolutely buggy, then there would still be players who did not encounter issues, that is just the way it is. Different System Configurations produce different Program behaviours, so it can be perfectly possible for some players to not have those drastic issues with wobble, phantom Forces and the asas not workling in general.

Just going ahaead and yell insults on anyone who is not experiencing issues ist not helping. Those players have their share of rights to, let them tell the world that they are happy, Squad needs to now that anyway, and a good dev team will not get blinded by players that do not have issues.

I like this update, particularly as it runs smoother than 0.20.x on my dinosaur of a computer. The only downside is that the flag graphics bug that was introduced (in either 0.20.1 or .2, but not .0) is still here, but that is probably just my machine.

It'S different and people didn't expect it to work that way. Hopefully a post by Chad might clear this up later.

We are definitely in need of information about how it is intended to be used. As it stands, I find the SAS is still pretty much useless for any rocket that is even slightly off balance, which includes a majority of my designs. What used to be a perfectly reasonable design is now facing problems holding heading and requires constant input, and what input I do provide is fought over by the SAS. And that's okay; if this is how it's supposed to work I'll happily become a MechJeb user because I need something to hold my rockets on a heading, not trim out movement without correcting.

Other than that, this update has been fantastic. I love the new visuals, the new complex, the crew assignment, the prospects of permadeath (I'm definitely flipping that switch in my save file), and the back-end work has sped up my loading times.

The SAS module is doing exactly the work it's intended for (meaning stabilizing your rocket, not holding a heading)

This continues to be wrong. As confirmed by HarvesteR. And my own experience. SAS does hold my heading, as it is supposed to it. 0.21 is good for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.