[0.22] GatlingGun mod.

DYJ

Mr. Pseudonym (or anyone else): I have been making A-10's now and this mod is great for the gun...if only the rounds caused some kind of collision effects it'd be freakin' awesome. We should work together and make the best one. Let our powers combine!

Album contains front, top, and side views: http://imgur.com/a/jzgFH

.craft file: http://www./download/iizs7uf7lgzunsa/A-10_Thunderbolt_II.craft

Please note that you will need Procedural Wings in addition to this gatling gun mod.

Now where it needs help: you have to toggle ASAS on before throttling up. Because of the off-centered nose gear it likes to veer slightly to the left. With ASAS on, max throttle, and max pitch it should lift off every time no problem. Trouble slowing down, suggest cutting engine 1-2km ahead of the runway. Doesn't have great pitch authority. Also, when going on EVA the Kerbal -pops- out of the cockpit.

Share your craft with me, maybe I can learn some cool things from your construction techniques :).

FAR: Definitely works, haven't tested it without FAR yet though.

Action Groups:

1: Toggle Engines/Intakes

2: Toggle Ladder

Bring that old A-10,finally i have something to shot for my hi-tech MIGs ;)

0ctLktI.jpg

ALBUM:

http://imgur.com/a/UEASw/embed

God I hope so. It'd be so handy for my bigger ships.

I know that you can edit the part configs to make it more powerful and/or fire slower, or various other edits, but adding the ability to make a MBT Cannon would make this for me.

Especially if I could add the Romfarer Explosion damage module to it.

Actually, I'm going to try making a MBT Cannon out of it. No fancy part edits, just edits to the gun stats.

Also it would be nice to be able to make the guns fire from action groups instead of a hotkey because then I could add different guns of the same type to different parts of a ship and use them as needed.

How did you get it to fire? I've tried everything

Open the config, press ctrl+f and type "keyFire" (without the quotes).

Change whatever's behind there to the button you want to press. I've had it linked to the numpad zero, so I changed it to [0]. The brackets ARE necessary. It's how you tell the game you want it on the numpad. If you want it on any other key, simply type the letter, like "n". Again, without quotes. Make note that capitals DO matter. "N" is different from "n".

You still haven't tried everything, but at least now it's working.

Is the tank included?

Nope.

in the part.cfg for the gun you need to change the "keyfire" to whatever key it should be.

Example: name = DYJMachinegun

ProjectileType = bullet

//keyFire = z

keyFire = z

BulletMass = 0.45

BulletDrag = 0.03

Also I can upload the .craft for my LAV if anybody wants it.

Edited by SGT_RIZZO300

Running into some...

Interesting bugs.

Sometimes, even when the gun isn't over heated and should be clearing my vessel perfectly fine, it's ripping the ship apart. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Is it because I'm testing it in atmosphere or aiming off vector?

is it workin in 0.21.1? and also ahy doesn't anyone that fixed the gun didn't put their own download link yet? i mean if the guy who made didn't make it work and someone finished the config file to a point where it works, why don't you post a download link then?!?

I cant seem to get it to fire like the others. I tried changing the buttons but it didnt work for me.

http://puu.sh/3T5QZ.png

Yes I toggled NumLock several times. Other buttons wont do either.

Is it the way I installed the mod?

The parts.cfg is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DYJ_Gattling\Parts\gau19

I havent modified the basic structure.

Any one any thoughts? Had this problem with the previous version aswell. Cant remember if I got it working then.

Edited by Okreeks