I must end flight in space

TYRT

You know what I think? WE NEED END FLIGHT BACK. Seriously, the new system is even worse.

You know what I think? You're being a bit of a baby and you don't like the difficulty. Rescue missions are fun, and if you don't like them

- kill the crew, you'll always get more

- design better spacecraft.

It's not unreasonable for a game to ask you to be at least competent.

Anybody else get sick of people whining about new features every update? .20 still exists, go play that.

You know what I think? You're being a bit of a baby and you don't like the difficulty. Rescue missions are fun, and if you don't like them

- kill the crew, you'll always get more

- design better spacecraft.

It's not unreasonable for a game to ask you to be at least competent.

Anybody else get sick of people whining about new features every update? .20 still exists, go play that.

I'm going to say that I may have been a bit whiny. I'm sorry.

I'm going to say that I may have been a bit whiny. I'm sorry.

I laughed because I figured you were being sarcastic about the whole SAS thing.

That said I think the new system protects people from accidentally ending flights a bit better. Thats great.

It protects from silly misclicks, yes. And as terminate from the observatory is the same as ending the flight in .20 ...

If you indeed let the ship burn up in Kerbins atmosphere, it would be THE perfect moment to install Deadly Reentry Mod just for that occasion! :D

Guys you think like that but my damn big vessel now deorbit. It's fall down to the kerbin and i can't fix orbit. We really need end flight button back. I won't play game before an end button. Because this vessel is going smash up.

I really like not having the end flight option like we used to. I think the revert option makes for a much better testing process, and I think we are being gently encouraged to do more testing before actually attempting a mission. The revert option only seems to stay available while you stay focused on one craft (or within the 2km around that craft) and don't quickload. Once you've switched to a far away craft or done a reload it suddenly becomes more real and you either have to succeed, fail or send a rescue mission.

I also really like the "recover" craft idea for craft that have made it back to land on Kerbin. Only thing I'd like to see would be a "Recover" button on the menu so you don't have to go back to space centre and then to the tracking station to do the recovery (as loading the space centre and switching to tracking station takes some time). Would be nice to just click the Recover button on the menu and be returned to space centre (with craft and crew recovered).

Guys you think like that but my damn big vessel now deorbit. It's fall down to the kerbin and i can't fix orbit. We really need end flight button back. I won't play game before an end button. Because this vessel is going smash up.

If it's going to be destroyed anyway, how is that any different from the old End Flight?

Well, in this case...

I hope you had a great time playing KSP.

Bye!

What a very entertaining thread this is. But I agree, that they should bring End Flight back. I always used it as a panic button for when I'm about to screw up.

Plus the godly long loading times between scenes don't help. :(

Plus the godly long loading times between scenes don't help. :(

It would be nice to be able to go directly from flight to the tracking station. Or even have the tracking station be an in-flight menu that can be used without necessarily even switching away from your flight

Either send a rescue ship or two to get them home or go to the tracking station and blow them up. You can use 'revert to' but only from the initial launch from Kerbin. If you dock with anything or go to the space centre you can only terminate or recover the vessel provided it's on Kerbin.

You can still eva to another ship use an pod or landing can+ hitchhiker module. You could just keep them in space to populate later ships.

Man please, I believe the end flight button will come back.

Will it?:(

No it won't.

I don't see what the difference between ending flight, blowing it up or letting it crash is anyway. If it's killing Kerbabs you're worried about, they'll come back as long as you don't have permadeath on.

I really like not having the end flight option like we used to. I think the revert option makes for a much better testing process,and I think we are being gently encouraged to do more testing before actually attempting a mission. ).

Same! I used to always use "restart flight" to save my test pilots, and this makes it one less step. It also makes missions a little more serous when you can't just witchcraft your guys back home.

We really need end flight button back. I won't play game before an end button.

"You have a big problem and will not go to space today"... sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Sounds to me like a rescue mission is in order! Since it's in orbit, it shouldn't be too hard to build a custom-made recovery vehicle - thinking 3 man pod + hitchhiker, with just 1 pilot (leaves 6 spaces for the guys).

If you do this, by all means, remember to put separate parachutes on the hitchhiker! I used this method to evacuate a space station I intended to de-orbit. Everything went well until the command module's chutes unfurled... the link between the command pod and the hitchhiker broke and the 4 unfortunate Kerbals within plunged 500 meters to their demise. But they taught me a valuable lesson for future mission safety, so their deaths were not in vain!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.