(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

With my testing so far there are a few pricing things I think need adjusting. The current Liquid Rocket engines are too cheap and it makes solid fuel rockets pointless again. In a previous version there was a much larger gap between solid fuel rockets and liquid fuel rockets and it made sense to me. Also I have noticed the Launch stability Enhancers are more expensive in this version and on my current small rocket account for 25% of its cost where as before it was minimal. According to the price list they cost more than my science parts and engine combined. That doesnt make sense to me. :)

On the mechjeb pricing I think a 25k-50k price would be fine. I dont use the autopilot because it has messed up from time to time but I love the customizable readouts, smart A.S.S, and the maneuver planner. I can easliy just do those things manually on cheaper simpler missions, but the more complex ones I like the have those as the in game maneuver node system in a pain. I dont mind paying for that on the more complex missions.

Also can the windows save their position between game loads. It is a slight annoyance to have to move them every time I play.

Hmmm Solid Fuel should be cheaper then Liquid.. You have to consider both cost for liquid.. Liquid fuel. (which is always been cheap) and oxidizer together... Oxidizer is easy one of the most expensive fuels you will pay for way more expesnive then just solid fuel rockets.. At least by half... I will check it out some more though.

The launch clamps.. Hmm never noticed this before... I will look into it.

Actually I should rephrase that when it comes to liquid fuel cost vs solid you have to consider 3 prices.. The price of Solid Fuel. The Price of Oxidizer and the price of liquid engines.. Or on the editor it shows up as Engines and cooling. You need all three of these to run liquid fuel.

but with solid fuel.. All the fuels and engine are part of 1 part... And the cost does end up being about 1/2 that of the three above.. And I think some might argue its too cheap... Maybe not? Whats everyones thoughts on that?

Edit. Ok I tested the launch clamp stabalizers and they cost about 1400 each. Not sure where you got the prices you thought they were?

To test this just throw a probebody into editor and then add the stabilizers. They show up under utility parts cost.

Edited by malkuth

I dont mean Solid fuel isnt cheaper. It is cheaper but the price gap between using a solid rocket that you have no control over thrust or thrust vectoring and using a liquid engine with full thrust and thrust vectoring is too small. You can also transfer fuel with a liquid engine booster that you cant with solid. I think the main problem I see is the liquid engines are too cheap. It really doesnt take into account all the benefits it has over solid rockets into its cost. The fuel costs seem fine but I would like to see an increase in engine costs.

EDIT: I did add all 3 costs.

1400 each is a bit expensive again considering the price of the engines. That is more than an LV-909 Engine. Plus you usually use at least two stabilizers if not more.

Edited by Artophwar

I dont mean Solid fuel isnt cheaper. It is cheaper but the price gap between using a solid rocket that you have no control over thrust or thrust vectoring and using a liquid engine with full thrust and thrust vectoring is too small. You can also transfer fuel with a liquid engine booster that you cant with solid. I think the main problem I see is the liquid engines are too cheap. It really doesnt take into account all the benefits it has over solid rockets into its cost. The fuel costs seem fine but I would like to see an increase in engine costs.

EDIT: I did add all 3 costs.

There all good points too.. But the prices are about in line with the old version of Mission Controller.. I have not actually adjusted many of the values for fuels.. In fact the way the prices are now the fuels are usually more expensive added together then the actual parts of the cost of the vessel by itself without fuels.

I might add separate lines for Fuel Total Cost and Vessel Dry Cost for people can see this in the editor. I got a feeling people are not realizing that its the fuels that make the vessels cost so much... And its always been this way since I played MC under Nobody version.

As I said the fuel costs seem fine. I just remember that the engine costs were much higher in a previous version and it made more sense to me. This is just my opinion though and would like to hear what others think. Actually is there an easy way to edit this stuff with like a cfg file??

As I said the fuel costs seem fine. I just remember that the engine costs were much higher in a previous version and it made more sense to me. This is just my opinion though and would like to hear what others think. Actually is there an easy way to edit this stuff with like a cfg file??

Only way to edit it is with the source files. There is no config file for prices as of yet. If your good with editing you can put the source files into Visual Express.. Turn on Debug mode in Visual Express export.. This will replace the Settings with debug menu that will allow you to adjust the original values for prices.. But they values don't stick they are made for just in game testing sessions to test prices.

Hey, good effort on getting modular fuels in so fast!!

I'd be testing it right now, but the PSU died on my main computer just as I turned it on :mad:

Oh man p1t1o that sucks.. Hope you have a spare one laying around.

For some reason, I cannot complete missions. I tried the first mission of the civilian space program, and for some reason my orbital parameters are not registering. I have matched the min/max periapsis/apoapsis, however only the periapsis is registering as within mission parameters. Could somebody please explain this bug to me so I don't lose my funding?

I have a screenshot of the issue, but as I am new to the forums I lack the knowledge as to how to put a picture in a comment outside of linking it to an online image.

Edited by CaptainCrunchSaus

I plan to export all the costs to debug settings and read debug on/off from a CFG. Might be a little while though.

The launch stability enhancers...did Squad change them from Structural to Utility in .21? I'll need to add special handling for that.

Hey, as a temporary fix, go in to the part CFG and change their category back to structural.

Edited by NathanKell

Not sure if this is a planned feature...but you could potentially include "mission flags" for certain scenarios involving colonization of the mun and other bodies, that is "selected" upon accepting the mission.

Just a piece of eye candy, instead of making everyone produce or use their own flags for it.

For some reason, I cannot complete missions. I tried the first mission of the civilian space program, and for some reason my orbital parameters are not registering. I have matched the min/max periapsis/apoapsis, however only the periapsis is registering as within mission parameters. Could somebody please explain this bug to me so I don't lose my funding?

I have a screenshot of the issue, but as I am new to the forums I lack the knowledge as to how to put a picture in a comment outside of linking it to an online image.

I just tried this mission and it worked fine for me.. I suggest you read the numbers again.. Its pretty easy to misunderstand them. By the way the mission Numbers for that mission are random.. So everytime you click on the mission before you select it.. The PE MIN and AP Max will change.

All my sat missions are pretty tight orbits.. It might take a little while your first few times to get it right. But the mission is doable... If you think that mission is bugged.. And you have enough fuel in your sat to change Orbits.. You can deselect the mission.. Select it again.. keep clicking on it until you get some numbers that are close to where you are.. Accept the mission and you can finish it that way.. (won't be charged again)

Good Luck.

Min PE was

Oh by the way make sure your in flight mode when doing missions.. Testing mode and Disabled mode cannot finish missions.

Oh something I just noticed you said.. Don't match the numbers.. For PE you want to be above that number.. For AP you want to be below it.

Edited by malkuth

I plan to export all the costs to debug settings and read debug on/off from a CFG. Might be a little while though.

The launch stability enhancers...did Squad change them from Structural to Utility in .21? I'll need to add special handling for that.

Hey, as a temporary fix, go in to the part CFG and change their category back to structural.

There still categorized under Structural in the .cfg.. But they are now located in the Utilities folder in parts. Which is what the algorithm actually checks for if I remember correctly. Where they are located in Parts.

Not sure if this is a planned feature...but you could potentially include "mission flags" for certain scenarios involving colonization of the mun and other bodies, that is "selected" upon accepting the mission.

Just a piece of eye candy, instead of making everyone produce or use their own flags for it.

This would be another mission objective. We can look into this in the future.. To be honest though we have to finish a lot of the unfinished ones and buggy ones that are already in the pack.. Including Docking.. But I will put it on the list.. Its actually a good idea. I like it. ;)

Really enjoying the mod. Thanks for keeping it up and going. My only issue are the "naked numbers" in the mission guidelines. It would say "Min apoapsis <some number here> ??" Meters? Km? feet? Small detail but made it a bit confusing trying to figure out what the mission was trying to tell me to do.

Really enjoying the mod. Thanks for keeping it up and going. My only issue are the "naked numbers" in the mission guidelines. It would say "Min apoapsis <some number here> ??" Meters? Km? feet? Small detail but made it a bit confusing trying to figure out what the mission was trying to tell me to do.

This is a space simulator. Spacecraft are metric. KSP is in metric. Therefore all distance numbers are in meters and/or kilometers. There is no need to clutter every readout with extra labels.

Would it be possible to small cost reduction (something like 3-5%) for cost of rocket parts if you have previously used that exact same desing in other mission? Maybe price reduction could start small (like 0,5%) and then grow to biggest value after few launches as your building crew gets more experienced (and faster) building the thing and your space center already has equipment to handle and build the thing already from previous launches.

I'm really liking this plugin. Currently doing stock mission pack.

Edited by Junafani

Salivating . . . trying to focus on clicking to get this thing installed ;)

Questions:1) what mods/plugins do you recommend that go well with this?

Have just installed Remote Tech and Orbital Construction Redux.

2) Would MechJeb and the Kethane mining thing work well with this?

3) will NT Space Program – Mission Controll Mission Pack work with this Redux version?

Edited by Diche Bach

Hi thanks for question about this. At this point all numbers are in Metrics.. Even in KSP. I could add the whole "m" at the end but I think the original developer figured it would add to much to the screen.. Im having a hard time now trying to come up with ways of seperating the numbers for they are easier to read.. Even though the Next version .13 won't have what you want.. Im hoping that the choices Ive made in Color Codes will help with some of the other things. The good thing about the program that is it basically guides you with.. (What Number You should Be At) Right next to it (Number Your Currently at) So that should help you figure it out a little better.

Thanks for playing the mod. :)

Would it be possible to small cost reduction (something like 3-5%) for cost of rocket parts if you have previously used that exact same desing in other mission? Maybe price reduction could start small (like 0,5%) and then grow to biggest value after few launches as your building crew gets more experienced (and faster) building the thing and your space center already has equipment to handle and build the thing already from previous launches.

I'm really liking this plugin. Currently doing stock mission pack.

At this point I had no plans for a feature like this. Me and NathanKell Were talking about the amount of Calculations that Mission Controller Currently Does.. And where trying to come up with ways of Reducing that.. (you don't want to many calculations it takes up to many resources) So right now this type of feature is not going to be added.. Once we clean up the code.. And make it a little more streamlined.. Maybe we can consider this.. With possibly the Future implementation of a Research mode... Hint Hint.

Questions:1) what mods/plugins do you recommend that go well with this?

Have just installed Remote Tech and Orbital Construction Redux.

2) Would MechJeb and the Kethane mining thing work well with this?

3) will NT Space Program – Mission Controll Mission Pack work with this Redux version?

1. So far resources wise IonCross Works and calculates for you Oxygen cost, Modular Fuel Tank work with cost for the new fuels.. Pretty much all of them work in mission controller.. Believe it or not Mission Controller hardly interacts with KSP.. Only for Values and Info.. And sometimes to save the game.. Other then that Mission Controller is its own program running along side KSP. So not many mods I know of will mess with its functions.. They might make the missions harder for you though.. ;)

2. MechJeb and Kethane Both Work.. Just read the first post about the 7 Million dollar kethane part.. And how to fix it before you try it though.

3. Yes NT Space Program works.

Just for everyone knows Nobody responded in his own thread with this.

Hi guys,

Sorry I have been busy lately :-/...

No time to play KSP and no time to develop the plugin. I think I will have time next week to update and develop the plugin.

See you next week :-)

Wrote him another PM Telling him we will stop on this current version if he does start it up again. But he does not seem to be answering PM.. Guess we will find out when he has time to read stuff.. Until Next Week.. Think I will release .13 soon and call it the end if he comes back.. He has choice to continue develop this version.. Or just start from .10. Whatever happens if he does decide to start developing it again.. This version will be discontinued.. As the first post has stated.

New Version .13 Out

Could be the Last if Nobody does take up the mod again.. (still no response) But any way .13 of Mission Controller Expanded is up.. These are the changes.

One of the manger changes in .21 is Bank Loans.. Here is a little info on that.

Bank Loans: Now if you go into the red with mission controller the bank will be happy to lend you the money you need to continue your space program. But it will cost you interest. At 25% of Your Mission Payouts until you pay off the loan and get back into the Green.

.13 Changes
1. Bank Loans.. Go into the Red and the bank will charge you .25% from your mission payouts until your back in the Green
2. Many UI changes. Been adjusting the Colors to help you more focus on what’s going on in the UI screen.
3. You can now see the total Cost Of Fuels.. And Total Cost Of Parts Before the Total Cost Of Vessel. To help you decide on fuel vs part cost more easy.
4. Now when your mission ends you will see a total amount paid for the mission. Also if you’re In the Red you will see the total amount paid after the bank takes its 25% from your Mission payout.

thanks everyone Hope you enjoy it.. And no this does not mess up your current saves.. You can continue your game without any issues.. If your in the red... though bank loans will hit you on your next mission..

Good luck.

1. Yay, nobody44 is returning!

2. What's checked is the category= line in the CFG.

AH! The issue is they are an electricity generator! And a better one than an RTG, at that. That's why they're so expensive: mincost is 1000, and then another 400 for the 1.0/sec vs 0.1 mass. I'll add a fix.

I think you lads should work together! I'm alright with C# too if there's something that needs thinking about

What I would like to see is the 'recycle' functionality done in the tracking centre with the 'recover' button, as this is where it's going to be in the finished KSP product. It's a bit tiresome to have to switch to the vehicle, click recover to end the flight, then go to the tracking centre and then recover the flight.

It would also fix a current exploit where you can 'recycle' a part more than once by clicking 'recycle', then going to the tracking centre, then switching back to the (still existing) vehicle, then clicking recycle again.

I think you lads should work together! I'm alright with C# too if there's something that needs thinking about

What I would like to see is the 'recycle' functionality done in the tracking centre with the 'recover' button, as this is where it's going to be in the finished KSP product. It's a bit tiresome to have to switch to the vehicle, click recover to end the flight, then go to the tracking centre and then recover the flight.

It would also fix a current exploit where you can 'recycle' a part more than once by clicking 'recycle', then going to the tracking centre, then switching back to the (still existing) vehicle, then clicking recycle again.

This is one of the biggest things that has bothered me from the .10 version and .20 version of KSP.. In the old version the Recycle exploit did not exist because there was code in KSP to EndFlight.. But that code is no longer valid and at this point the current fix is just a place holder until we can sort it out.. The whole Recycle call up routine will have to be Redone I think.. I would still like to find a way to do it right from the mission.. Like it use to. Working on it.. If not maybe nobody can figure it out if he comes back and takes over again.

Okay, so I love (love love LOVE) the concept of this mod.

But. But but but. It doesn't seem to work for me.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, or what, but I can't seem to complete any missions at all. Moreover, I don't seem to be getting any money back AT ALL when I recover the craft when it lands/splashes down on Kerbin. I've made sure to switch out of Flight Test mode when I'm making an attempt on a mission. I've tried with 0.10 and now with 0.13, nothing going on. No objectives registered as complete, no money regained.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I failing to take some seemingly-obvious-but-essential step? Or is the mod just failing to work for me?

Mod list: MechJeb, Chatterer, Procedural Fairings, MechJeb original pods integration, Kethane, Crew Manifest, Kerbal Attachment System.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.