Incredibly Stupid, Clumsy, and/or Painful Things You Have Done

bigyihsuan

I dropped a really big heavy book on my foot when in was seven.I had a large bruise

then when i was 10 i fell down off a old chair trying to put some papers on top of a high shelf.Resulted me getting to big cuts on my foot because of the staples that held the chair were sticking out.

Just not to long ago i cut a big area on my foot of skin exposing the insides ,and lots of bleeding when i went camping.Suffered so much pan because my parents had to disinfect it with hydrogen peroxide 3 times ,and rub out all the dirt ,and small little rocks inside there the whole day.Also put a sock on as a band aid was a bad idea (we had no disinfectant sheets ,or band aids).Also did not scab which resulted in the 3 times of disinfecting ,and all this happened because of walking up a rocky slope bring some water from the river so we could wash dishes (not to mention i was wearing sandals.)

Where do I start.

I electrocuted myself once changing an outlet, apparently the words leave the breaker panel alone mean nothing to some people.

I had not one but two 16D nails driven into my foot due to an idiot with an air spiker.

Got hit with a sledge hammer while scrapping a car.

Had my foot caught in a pool drain.

Fell through a roof.

and finally probably the worst one had a car hood fall on me pinning me in a weird position.

I plugged in a wire from a broken extension cord, grabbed the split sides, and got the exposed ends touch each other, letting out a strong spark in front of my face after few tries. Fortunately I wasn't harmed and our house didn't went all out flames.

Also, one morning I toyed around an office stapler (since that was the first time I saw one that day), stapling here and there, until I ended up putting a staple on my thumb.

And due to a little curiosity, I've put this kind of power plug into this socket the other way around: one on the left and the other on the top (slanted). Our house went dark in an instant the time I've put it, and nobody (except me) knew what the hell happened (and who's responsible).

I was in the 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 8th grade, respectively (I'm now a 3rd year college student, for reference), when I did those things.

In high school I broke both my wrists at the same time, whilst climbing a one metre tall fence. Thing was, I had no trouble getting up onto the fence - it was coming down that posed some problems.

In university, I was doing a research project involving high voltages. My project partner and I forgot to discharge a DC-to-DC converter properly, and I got a bit of a jiggle when my hand accidentally brushed against an exposed alligator clip terminal.

Fun times indeed.

Edited by sumghai

I used to skateboard back about ten years ago. Broke my arm a couple years later. Wasn't that bad it was just stupid how I did it... I put too much wax on the rail, went for a 5-0, fell back...CRACK! Broken arm.

The worst thing was probably back about 4-5 years ago when I began to get sick. White as a sheet, lost weight(went from around 120 to around 95 pounds).. Having CF, this isn't good AT ALL. Night sweats...like shirt soaking wet with sweat when I wake up. I didn't pay it any attention. Went and helped a friend cut back some limbs and things in his backyard. My back started throbbing. Every time I took a breath it felt like my lungs would fill with fluid and then burst, seal up and fill again. Absolutely horrible.

Anyway, I went in to my doctor and was immediately admitted to the hospital. After some tests and XRays, it was found out that I had pneumonia as well as ABPA(Allergic broncopumonary aspergillosis) a fungal lung infection. Two weeks later, I'm finally well enough to go home. About 2 months later, I help a man spread hay...Wake up the next morning(clinic visit day) and can hardly breathe. ABPA flare-up.

So essentially, I spent an entire summer with my lungs destroying themselves faster than normal. I've broken bones, had kidney stones, a concussion, several cuts and bruises, but that episode with pneumonia and ABPA on top of having cystic fibrosis was the most painful thing I've gone through.

WRONG!

Last summer, due to me coughing so much, I ruptured my right bronchial artery. Lots of hemoptysis. Hospitalization. More blood. ICU. Blood again. No big deal, they can fix it. Embolization procedure. Two days later, blood again. The next day, a second embolization procedure that lasted twice as long. The next day, I woke up and my right lung was so irritated and inflamed that even very shallow breaths would make me wince to the point of tears. Coughing made me want to die. Luckily, about three days later, I didn't hurt anymore. No more hemoptysis since. But that was definitely the most painful thing I've gone through.

Yes, I understand that the title says, "You have done." I did most of what I shared without trying, as it was the result of disease deciding to be a pest. The ABPA thing could have handled quicker had I acted like I had any sense...so I think that counts... Whatever.

That's my story.

The following happened a couple weeks ago. I was at a playground, on a little platform about 8 or so inches off the ground. I had to reach up to climb onto the black platform that was above my height (which is 5'1"). I jumped up about an inch, grabbed the platform, lost my grip (damn you sweaty hands!) and jammed my right elbow into the mulch below, jolting my shoulder, and giving my humerus a small buckle fracture (trust me, it's not funny at all. Just imagine if that had been hard concrete instead of mulch). According to my mom, when I landed, I lost all my color (as in I practically turned grey). My mom immediately put ice on the arm. About 40 or so minutes later I got my color back. I sat in a chair at home for a couple hours groaning because of the pain, so we went to the emergency room. They put a cast on it because they thought it was far more serious (AC joint separation, elbow broken, along with aformentioned injuries). The next day they told me the ER was mostly wrong (They got the fracture right at least) and that I didn't have to wear a cast. So here I am now. It still hurts a hell of a lot, and I've gotta be careful with it. But hey, at least I don't need a cast!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.