Hab/Hub (and other strange things)

zzz

OMG! There is more. An antimatter reactor:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-23-5-KSP-Interstellar-%28Toolbar-Integration-New-Models-New-Tech%29-Version-0-11?p=653408&viewfull=1#post653408

I'm pretty sure a lot of these models will need new part.cfg files, but from what I understand zzz has declared all the models he has posted here public domain, so I'm sure we can modify some of these for .24

You have to stop doing these 1 line posts 1 after another. It's considered rude and it would be just fine if you made ONE post with all the links.

Sorry for the multiple comments. First of all, I didn't realize how much zzz had contributed, I couldn't stop myself from posting all these cool modules - and I was doing this on mobile, and editing posts regularly crashes Safari on iOS.

Again my apologies - the excitement about finding all these cool mods clouded my judgement.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully resize the ring segments. I'm trying to build a massive stargate structure but the current size is far too small. I'm not a huge fan of tweakscale and have been running into problems editing the files on my own. Specifically, attachment nodes won't rescale on the docking ring and disappear altogether to the 1/8th circle segments. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully resize the ring segments. I'm trying to build a massive stargate structure but the current size is far too small. I'm not a huge fan of tweakscale and have been running into problems editing the files on my own. Specifically, attachment nodes won't rescale on the docking ring and disappear altogether to the 1/8th circle segments. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

How are you editing the file if remember right

MODEL{

model = z_thing/Parts/circle/dock

scale = 1.2, 1.2, 1.2 //<------------- Match to scale

}

scale = 1.2 //<------------- Match this needs to match the model scale

rescaleFactor = 1

Edited by Mecripp2

How are you editing the file if remember right

MODEL{

model = z_thing/Parts/circle/dock

scale = 1.2, 1.2, 1.2 //<------------- Match to scale

}

scale = 1.2 //<------------- Match this needs to match the model scale

rescaleFactor = 1 //<---- change to what you want

No, if MODEL nodes are going to be used then rescaleFactor should only be set to 1: There is a long standing bug with rescaleFactor. If the vessel's root part uses MODEL nodes then rescaleFactor is applied twice when the ship is loaded in, aside from the initial launch. That is to say, when you first launch everything will look fine. If the ship is reloaded, the root part will be scaled incorrectly.

Additionally, scale (outside of the MODEL node) should be left at 1 unless the part was originally modeled to a scale other than 1 unit = 1 meter. (or leave it at whatever it was set to in the original part file)

(scale doesn't affect the part's actual size in the game at all. The only thing that does is rescaleFactor and the scale setting in MODEL)

No, if MODEL nodes are going to be used then rescaleFactor should only be set to 1: There is a long standing bug with rescaleFactor. If the vessel's root part uses MODEL nodes then rescaleFactor is applied twice when the ship is loaded in, aside from the initial launch. That is to say, when you first launch everything will look fine. If the ship is reloaded, the root part will be scaled incorrectly.

Additionally, scale (outside of the MODEL node) should be left at 1 unless the part was originally modeled to a scale other than 1 unit = 1 meter. (or leave it at whatever it was set to in the original part file)

(scale doesn't affect the part's actual size in the game at all. The only thing that does is rescaleFactor and the scale setting in MODEL)

What you say doesn't work on all mods then and, I haven't had a problem doing it that way, I know the the model scale has to stay with the scale outside but thinking about it maybe you have to change the model nodes scale with the scale outside.

EDIT- and leave the rescale to 1 arhhh later will run test but IMO you are wrong unless they have changed it.

EDIT- Looking back here at this mod that some one had that problem http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73005-1-0-x-Kip-Engineering-All-Ports-and-Hubs-fixed-and-updated-for-1-0-x%21-%282nd-May-2015%29?p=1808985&viewfull=1#post1808985

you change the scale parts to what you want and leave rescaleFactor = 1

Edited by Mecripp2

PART scale (not MODEL node scale) only affects attach node snapping and should be set to the same scale that the model was built to. If the modeling program used 1 unit = 1 meter then scale is set to 1. If the program used 1 unit = 0.1 meter then scale equals 0.1

if you saw it done differently then that only means they got away with it. The scale they were operating at wasn't divergent enough to be noticed and it wouldn't have been visually noticeable.

So I think the Hub parts will make a neat beginning for a Mun base. Not sure how I will get them there or assemble it yet, but first I have to get them to work in the VAB. Can someone please explain the syntax of the nodes to me? I added a line to create a node on the docking port that someone added several pages back - it works exactly as I want. How would I add a node 120 degrees left and right of this? (3 total equal spaced) The top and bottom nodes will not connect correctly but I don't know what to change. I am guessing in the top node I should change the -1 to 1, and do the opposite in the bottom. Correct? Also, will any of the rest of the cfg need to change to work in 1.04? I hope to use the crosswalks as well but the nodes are kind of messy in them as well. One problem at a time.

Here is the cfg with the added right side node:

PART{

name = z_HUB

module = Part

author = zzz

mesh = model.mu

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0, 1.3, 0, 0,-1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.892, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

node_stack_right = 2.205, -0.208908, 0.0, -1, 0, 0, 1

node_attach = -1.903, -0.127, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1

CrewCapacity = 4

cost = 4000

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = z_HUB

manufacturer = ...

description = ....

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 3

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.3

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 6

breakingForce = 200

breakingTorque = 200

maxTemp = 2900

vesselType = Ship

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = lights

startEventGUIName = Toggle

endEventGUIName = Toggle

}

}

I'm working on gathering all of his parts together. First stage is currently in-progress: https://github.com/calebpaine/z_thing

As soon as I have all or most of the parts at least loading, I'll work on adusting configs to add usefull functionality (he released a lot of parts 'as-is' for specific mods, so they dont actually do anything in stock KSP), as well as making a nice post here on the forums.

I'm working on gathering all of his parts together. First stage is currently in-progress: https://github.com/calebpaine/z_thing

As soon as I have all or most of the parts at least loading, I'll work on adusting configs to add usefull functionality (he released a lot of parts 'as-is' for specific mods, so they dont actually do anything in stock KSP), as well as making a nice post here on the forums.

Oh good, I've been casually piecing everything I can find of his for the past year or so, nice to see someone is pulling the trigger and hunting down all the parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.