The complete(ish) history of rockets! Recreating the entire space race in KSP!

Mulbin

Problems have been spotted!

Project Echo was essentially a satellite that was a big shiny balloon...and since KSP doesn't have balloons, that seems quite difficult if not impossible to build. I know it was launched next year time-wise, but...

Ah. Okay then. But maybe you could make note of it and put a representative probe up there for the end of the year picture? I think it was the first satellite ever to relay a message of any sort, so having even a fake up there would be amazing :)

Ah. Okay then. But maybe you could make note of it and put a representative probe up there for the end of the year picture? I think it was the first satellite ever to relay a message of any sort, so having even a fake up there would be amazing :)

SCORE was the first satellite to relay a message. Echo was the first that allowed two way communication. I have the correct launch vehicles already build (Atlas D for Echo 1, Thor Agena for Echo 2), the tricky bit would be to get it to inflate once in orbit! I'll do some more research when I get to 1960

Mulbin, I noticed that a "guide" (more like a RP) on Steam is using your banner. Link to it here. I've asked them about it twice but they seem to be deleting my comments.

Thanks for the heads up, I've filed a copyright infringement notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the work, are you planning to continue on .21, or move your stuff over to .22? Good luck with the future launches. Additionally, can you share any tips, or point me in the right direction of any tips concerning launch tower construction? I find that the most impressive thing amongst your impressive launches, and wouldn't mind learning more about your methods.

Edit: Additionally, it looks like all of my past posts were eaten by a Kraken sometime. Explains why I couldn't find my old Mission Reports thread :( Oh well, good luck with yours, might have to open my own one sometime.

Edited by senamic

Love the work, are you planning to continue on .21, or move your stuff over to .22? Good luck with the future launches. Additionally, can you share any tips, or point me in the right direction of any tips concerning launch tower construction? I find that the most impressive thing amongst your impressive launches, and wouldn't mind learning more about your methods.

Edit: Additionally, it looks like all of my past posts were eaten by a Kraken sometime. Explains why I couldn't find my old Mission Reports thread :( Oh well, good luck with yours, might have to open my own one sometime.

I'll be picking up again on .22 fairly soon, been too busy with real life. And of course playing career mode!

I'll be picking up again on .22 fairly soon, been too busy with real life. And of course playing career mode!

Sounds great! Any idea where there is any info on launch tower construction? I'm honestly curious, I am not a fan of the default launch clamps. Hope things in real life are good, I know the feeling (had a sister get married over the weekend, and a bunch of work commitments, haven't had a ton of time myself) and hope that you've enjoyed career mode.

Sounds great! Any idea where there is any info on launch tower construction? I'm honestly curious, I am not a fan of the default launch clamps. Hope things in real life are good, I know the feeling (had a sister get married over the weekend, and a bunch of work commitments, haven't had a ton of time myself) and hope that you've enjoyed career mode.

The best way to learn about the towers is to pick my designs apart in your VAB. Some towers are attached to the red launch clamps, some are attached to the base of the rocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.