Already Suggested List

Already added. Don't forget to check the list, as I add any threads that I see that I remember have been suggested before.

I posted a link to a different thread, so you can add it as a second source. If there is no need for links like that, I won't post them anymore.

I posted a link to a different thread, so you can add it as a second source. If there is no need for links like that, I won't post them anymore.

Oh sorry, it appears I was the one who wasn't paying attention this time xD

I think putting links to the suggestion archive probably isn't a good idea, seeing as it "will soon disappear"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So I understand that it is not wanted for us to ask for 64 bit support and I'm not going to ask I'd just like to know whether this is a planned feature or a scrapped feature.

64 bit support is a unity issue that Squad has no control over - As soon as the unity devs sort out the bugs with the 64 bit version, KSP will be ported to it. The Linux version of Unity does not have these bugs, and the Linux version of KSP supports 64 bit.

"EVA resources display" suggestion is already implemented in 0.23

http://i.imgur.com/4mrBG5c.png

Removed. :)
Unmentioned: Lose Condition For Career Mode

Yes, sort of shameless self-promotion. :P

Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.

Yes, alright, I think that's a sufficiently lengthy discussion to be a worthwhile addition. Time to include a Career Mode section to this list, as Career Mode suggestions will probably be turning up like wildfire soon enough.

I'd be interested in seeing how the community thinks and I hope the devs are too. Would it be possible to have a poll for what the community believes should be implemented first (using the already suggested thread)? I believe there will be an interesting outcome. The thread would require a lot of the moderators attention to avoid discussion, only have left behind suggestions (I might be suggesting a moderator's worst nightmare :sealed:)

A disclaimer is also needed since the poll results aren't binding for the devs which can turn the game whatever direction they wish, but it would give some added clarity of what the community wants most in the near future.

Edited by Aknar

A mere poll is unfortunately fundamentally flawed; we can't gather data from users who do not vote in the poll. Considering that 1/20th of the forum's total users are actually active regularly, that's already a small number from the total, and we're not even including the potential multitudes who found the game via Steam, etc., and have no knowledge of this forum at all. So we're already starting with a probably unworkably small sample size from the total KSP community, such as it is.

Then, you have to consider that even if there are ~5000-odd active users, a good portion of them may avoid ever looking at several sections of the forum -- I know that I myself tend to not step foot into the plugin- and addon-related sections of the forum, and stick largely to the Development, Support and General Discussion sections. That means that the poll would have to be visible in every section of the forum, just in order to ensure we actually get a good chunk of the active community here voting on it. But even then, there are people who simply do not wish to take part in polls, be they official or no.

No matter what we do, really, a poll is very likely to give an extremely skewed result.

I can't really argue with that, polls are flawed from the start as they represent only a binary opinion of what people really think and only represent the people having participated. The steam-ksp community seems rather active and a bridge should be established to them so they can discover this forum where they'll have better results than asking on steam forums.

The poll also needs numbers and percentages to be informative, the number of purchased games would be useful (once again, doesn't account for illegal copies and double purchases).

The poll would be seen by a lot more people if put up on the ksp launch window. This would only work right before a new update since you can skip it with the other .exe the rest of the time. This would make it even more official since it's sponsored by the game and the devs would be looking at the results (thus, more people participating). Of course, this isn't your jurisdiction ^^ but that of the devs who don't wish to put sponsor mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.