[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

In Kerbal Stuff, you labeled your mod as : "KSP Version: 0.90", so I don't thin it will work.

Albert VDS just hasn't updated the Kerbalstuff link and change log. Looks like curse is set up though. Just use that one untill he has a chance to finish updating everything.

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Please don't forgot to delete any previous version before installing the latest one.

I'm setting up a clean KSP install/saves anyway. ^^ Thanks for the correction, I can wait for CKAN now.

Albert VDS: I'm trying to fix a mod that has been abandoned or a little while for my own use. I have it working in game but none of the attachment nodes are working. Could you tell me how you repaired the nodes on your cameras so I can possibly fix this mod?

Hello!

I may be doing something wrong here, but I think my navcam isn't working: when I activate it, I get only static. I'm using KSP 1.0 and a few other mods but none related to cameras...

k26qEqg.png

Can anybody help me?

Hello!

I may be doing something wrong here, but I think my navcam isn't working: when I activate it, I get only static. I'm using KSP 1.0 and a few other mods but none related to cameras...

http://i.imgur.com/k26qEqg.png

Can anybody help me?

I have not used the nav cam yet in the 1.0 release but I suspect that the new .dds texture may have broken the transparency? I'm new to .dds so I still have a lot to learn but. As a temp fix / trial go to the hull cam mod folder navigate to the folder for the nav cam and there is a single .dds file named 0001.....something try pulling that file out of the mod and launch the game. It will remove the static overlay. And now the camera will be perfectly clear. This is not a permanent fix but it would get you up and going. another thing to try is finding the old .png file from the last release and putting that in there. This will give you a working static overlay for the nav cam.

Albert VDS I hope I didn't overstep on this one. The only reason I mention an issue with the .dds is the telescope model textures appear to be shading funny now as well. Dark grey on half the telescope where it was all previously white. May be an issue with the way the .dds files where created. I've been fighting some issues learning how to play with .dds files and I had a couple failures with normal flags and yadda yadda no need to write you a book :)

New version with fixed Navcam, DDS file wasn't saved with alpha layer.

Thank for the heads up. :)

Oh cool! Thaks Albert VDS So does the alpha channel affect the transparency of a .dds? Or was I mistaken?

I have not used the nav cam yet in the 1.0 release but I suspect that the new .dds texture may have broken the transparency? I'm new to .dds so I still have a lot to learn but. As a temp fix / trial go to the hull cam mod folder navigate to the folder for the nav cam and there is a single .dds file named 0001.....something try pulling that file out of the mod and launch the game. It will remove the static overlay. And now the camera will be perfectly clear. This is not a permanent fix but it would get you up and going. another thing to try is finding the old .png file from the last release and putting that in there. This will give you a working static overlay for the nav cam.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I renamed model001.dds to xmodel001.dds and the camera showed only a gray image. Then, I renamed both files (model000.dds and model001.dds) and besides the gray image, the camera loaded without its texture...

EDIT: nevermid, saw Albert VDS' message right now...

EDIT2: Works fine, thanks!

Edited by jlcarneiro

No problem. :)

Oh cool! Thaks Albert VDS So does the alpha channel affect the transparency of a .dds? Or was I mistaken?

Yeah, the alpha layer makes the texture transparent. :)

Edited by Albert VDS

Thank you for this very nice mod!

But there seems to be small issue ...

Female kerbals do not have first person camera (male do). Is it just my install (linux, steam), or are they fundamentally different and camera is not added to females?

I believe female kerbals are entirely different to male ones, so yeah, the camera isn't added to them (yet). Shaw of TextureReplacer found this out:

Squad really f*cked up female Kerbals. Why didn't they just make another head mesh? They made a whole new model, with different hierarchy, different node and mesh names ... even different EVA part module. Almost everything needs to be made separately for males and females.

I'm guessing it's that different EVA part module that Hullcam needs to look for.

Thank you for this very nice mod!

But there seems to be small issue ...

Female kerbals do not have first person camera (male do). Is it just my install (linux, steam), or are they fundamentally different and camera is not added to females?

Fixed in next version.

Also in the next version: a wide angle camera and some other bug fixes.

Great Mod, thx! I realize this might be out there but is there anyway to get camera views in a pop-up or PIP type of moveable and scalable window? So we'd be able to see multiple views at once! I play across three screens and have plenty of room to put a couple of camera views on the sides.

You could go so far with this, imagine, viewing images from your 3d-camera on your rover like your eyes, positioned side-by-side. For that matter also include a secondary mode for viewing in a single frame both the left and right images combined into the classic red/blue 3d for glasses!. DO IT!

Regardless, thank you again for what you've done.

Edited by EvitableInventions

New update:

V0.40 8-May-2014

- Added wide angle camera

- Added EVA view for female Kerbals

- Fixed DDS alpha layers

- Cameras start up with their minimum zoom

- Fixed cycle back key when main camera is active

- Removed unneeded MBM file

- - - Updated - - -

Great Mod, thx! I realize this might me out there but is there anyway to get camera views in a pop-up or PIP type of moveable and scalable window? So we'd be able to see multiple views at once! I play across three screens and have plenty of room to put a couple of camera views on the sides.

You could go so far with this, imagine, viewing images from your 3d-camera on your rover like your eyes, positioned side-by-side. For that matter also include a secondary mode for viewing in a single frame both the left and right images combined into the classic red/blue 3d for glasses!. DO IT!

Regardless, thank you again for what you've done.

Thanks. :)

That is a feature which which might be added in a later release.

Next up: Long awaited camera filters.

is there any way to have them keep transmitting their feed to a craft they are not attached to if they were previously attached?! say i add one to a lunch clamp and then set it to show inside say the ALCOR pod, when i launch can it keep showing the craft launching away from the launch clamp?!