[0.21.1] StretchyTanks v0.2.2 (updated 8-26-13)

AncientGammoner

A quick update: I fixed the scaling so tank scaling is correct on load, rather than on start. I believe this means that if a tank/SRB is the bottom of your vessel and you launch with it, it will no longer start underground; it may also fix the issue with ferram's KJR. Please test.

So, I haven't tested it on linux, and I haven't played career mode yet (anyone want to suggest some nodes?)

But here is my updated StretchySRB patch. If you want to use it with Modular Fuels, you need v3 of MFSC or above (posting simultaneously), and you need to have the Modular Fuels patch cfg from the original ST extracted, so the modules are applied.

MAKE SURE that if you still have a StretchyTanks_modularFuelTanks.cfg file hanging around ANYWHERE, that you delete it BEFORE applying this patch!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6c7qdk7fnkihyn/StretchySRB.zip

When I updated to your new patch it broke using symmetry with stretchy tanks. When I use symmetry the original tank is fine but the copies are infinitely long and can't attach. When I load a ship with symmetrical stretchy tanks all the pieces act like they are unattached. When I reverted the last version everything was fixed.

I've thrown together a very basic (stock) tech tree integration config for use with module manager.

I stuck the 0.5m ST in Precision Engineering, with the Oscar-B Tank; the 1m ST in Heavy Rocketry, one above the longest ~1m stock tank; the 2m, 3m, and 4m ST's in Very Heavy Rocketry, with the longest 2.5m stock tank (there are no stock nodes above this, or they would go there); and I stuck the Super ST in Meta Materials, as that seemed more fitting than with the others. And the entry costs I pretty much pulled out of... thin air.

I'd like to add that I had the above issue on a ship that did not a subassembly. I think it was using a stretchy SRB though. The craft becomes un-editable after launching and reverting to VAB.

Also, I'm trying to use StretchyTanks with MFT; I installed the patch from your sig and copied StretchyTanks_modularFuelTanks.cfg to the parts folder. Now the MFT window works but the available volume isn't scaling with the tank size. Am I missing something?

1. I'm working on the bug mentioned.

2. You should only have one StretchyTanks_modularFuelTanks.cfg and it might as well stay where unzipping places it.

To make sure. Delete your ST folder. Unzip the original StretchyTanks. Then redownload the patch in my sig. Then unzip it over the original ST folder.

I have now added support for anyone adding ST textures on the fly by editing a cfg (can even by done my ModuleManager!). So artists, start making tank textures!

Your texture can either be designed for fixed scaling (like my new textures), or it can be autoscaled with tank width and height (like the quilt texture or the SRB texture).

Also fixed more MFS-ST interaction issues.

Release soon, but wanted to offer a headsup.

very nice.

I have a question (largely aimed at Nathan) and I'm not sure that I'll be asking the right one... Is it possible to add flag decal support here? It requires two things. One is the flag decal module added to the PART. That's trivial and can be done with ModuleManager or direct PART editing.

The second part is where I'm unsure. The mesh needs a second UV map? Or a separate properly UV map? Not sure which exactly. I think the latter. The mesh name is used by the the FlagDecal module to display the flag. It's really nifty but hardly any parts coming out use it. And no stock parts at all. :(

I'm with you, brother.

I'm not at all versed in C#, but I did try to recompile the dll about a billion different times passing every kind of -platform variable and reference available, and still no change in behavior.

The worst part is the lack of any kind of log or error. The best I could get was from running the ./KSP.x86_64 command from within a shell and causing the problem to see what the shell said -- the last line of the shell is just "Aborted (core dumped)".

AG, if you you can help us poor pathetic 64bit users out with anything, I'd appreciate it.

Nothing unusual.

StretchyTanks loading during startup (as usual), normal log for making construction in VAB. Nothing since the moment I pick the stretchytank from menu (i.e. moment the game crashes)

Only thing spotted is the core dumped message in shell.

if there was a dump then there's a dump file. It can be analyzed to see what the error was and where it happened.

There was a time I could have told you exactly how to go about that in Linux. Those days are long past, back when dinosaurs roamed the world.

My money's on a segmentation fault though.

Managed to get dump file and simple analysis with gdb gives:

Core was generated by `./KSP.x86_64'.

Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.

#0 0x00007f70fde79f77 in __GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6)

at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:56

56 ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c: No such file or directory.

Let me know if this is of any use.

Edit: (additional info)

- only stretchy tanks installed

- using intel graphic (so no bumblebee/optimus/other switching graphic related issues)

- I've kept the dump file in case there is anything else we can get out of this (please guide me though)

Edit2: (further details)

#0 0x00007f70fde79f77 in __GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:56

#1 0x00007f70fde7d5e8 in __GI_abort () at abort.c:90

#2 0x00007f70fbe27e98 in ?? () from /home/legwan/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so

#3 0x00007f70fbe6500d in ?? () from /home/legwan/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so

#4 <signal handler called>

#5 0x0000000000a236bc in ?? ()

#6 0x0000000000a05a02 in ?? ()

#7 0x000000000098a772 in ?? ()

#8 0x0000000000ac33aa in ?? ()

#9 0x0000000041677aef in ?? ()

#10 0x00000000030fc730 in ?? ()

#11 0x00000000030fc618 in ?? ()

#12 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

Edited by Legwan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.