Phoenix from Star Trek - First Contact (UPDATED!)

prefim

The Phoenix - From Star Trek First Contact

Can be downloaded here:-

http://www./?akf0bllgbl99j9t

W57Mv.jpg

Bit fiddly to build as it uses surface attach but a ship is included in the pack.

oWu7k.jpg

Nacelles can be removed, Makes it easier to fly!

NC5si.jpg

Up, Up and away!

vNhaJ.jpg

In space

RDOyy.jpg

Complete with cockpit interior and 3 kerbanauts to fly it!

Had a right game making it fly straight. The nacelles are held on with magic it appears, sometimes if you move them they fall off, other times its all good. Use lots of SAS when in flight!

UPDATE: Heres the V2.0 Phoenix. Now with the requested warp engines as engines (another soundbyte included).

http://www./?uszaxn892r0kzsc

Enjoy

Mat

Well in reference to the textures, theres not a lot to them anyway, it was just panelled metal but feel free to reskin them if you like.

Has anyone tried it yet. I had added the obligitary \'Magic Carpet Ride\' launch tune but forgot to mention it!

The textures are different, but fitting considering the Pheonix was built in a Kerbal way in the back woods in the movie. My only suggestion is taking your nacelles and actually making them high thrust liquid engines with no trail. You get into space, engage the engines and slowly ramp up the throttle and soon your in the sun, mun or the next star system.

The textures are different, but fitting considering the Pheonix was built in a Kerbal way in the back woods in the movie. My only suggestion is taking your nacelles and actually making them high thrust liquid engines with no trail. You get into space, engage the engines and slowly ramp up the throttle and soon your in the sun, mun or the next star system.

you are right...the textures are not a main part of the ship this is the first update i would much rather be able to fly this rocket fairly well than launching it with a nice paint job on it and crashing 20 seconds into the flight...you try and make a good rocket with really really good textures on it, it takes alot of time and effort and cont be rushed...

I think this is the warp nacelles, but the Phoenix keeps wanting to roll to the right, even out of the atmosphere...I noticed they\'re reading as fins, which makes no sense.

Can\'t you rescript them as true engines? The ship looks nice, and I love the Magic Carpet Ride soundbyte, but it\'s not exactly functioning as advertised.

And yeah, fix the rolling problem. That\'s a real pain.

Hi Guys,

Check the first post again. I\'ve added a v2.0 of the Phoenix. Its now got engines as engines (dual 700 liquids) which help push it a little harder! A new soundbyte from the film and a few tweaks to other configs. I\'ve also zipped it for those that asked for it.

I may tweak a bit more as if I get the weights down, I might get more push out those engines.

My advise is hold SAS! (it doesnt roll now with it on or throttled down like the old one) but its needed for the ascent (I added a minor gimble to the engines which helps keep it all in check too.

So take off, enjoy steppenwolf, when you clear atmos you can either keep the throttle on or throttle back to zero as the nacelles are a fixed throttle setting. You\'ll get about 5-6 seconds before riker says drop out of warp and the fuel will cut out.

You can pop a parachute on the capsule if you wish. helps with landing!

If anyone can think of a way to tweak to get a MAHOOSIVE thrust without the ship turning to tinfoil, let me know!

Nacelles aren\'t connecting where they should, now. Also, the .craft file doesn\'t load the ship.

It flips nose over thruster as soon as you launch, and plows right into the ground.

Good going...

..You do know that this was made before the obvious, and stated, compatibility-breaking update, right?

I\'d say either wait, or try to remake it. Though, in all honesty, you\'ll probably need struts. Lots of them.

And can you give more detail into exactly what you\'re doing, how the staging is, etc? Believe me, the worst bug report you can get is \'It crashes, fix it now!\' or \'It doesn\'t work.\' Gives no help when trying to fix things.

EDIT:

For what it\'s worth, though, the nacelles still like to fall off. Attached the non-warp variant, as well as screenshots of the issues with the connections - First one is the engine variant (Similar issue on the other side) and the second is the structural variant. Haven\'t checked how it fits on the other side, though..

• 7 months later...
I think it's ment to suck. The ship from Star Trek was not in the greatest shape when it was launched. So yeah it might be crap, but it's accurate.

Another necro.. but you are new and it's your first post so.. Welcome to Kerbal Space Program Forum and next time don't necro an topic with the last reply 8 months ago ( or more than 2 months ).

You need to animate the nacelles and add the launch vehical (ex-nuke) Pretty awesome though, captures the patchwork look of the Phoenix just a little to well me thinks though. . . Maybe clean the textures up some?

This is a dead mod.