Space Factory

MrTheBull

And that we will do, atleast if MrTheBull wants so. :)

It's a lot easier then creating his very own rocket, and IIRC BobCat's Soyuz had .mbm textures, which you cant change, so it wouldn't have the Vostok flair.

If we do it like this, we need to change textures on 4 parts altogether, and create 2 new ones for the Vostok Blok I (or is that R7 Blok E? I'm not sure), anyway the 3rd stage, plus the spacecraft itself.

Well, I daresay these textures are better, no offense to BobCat ofcourse. I also daresay that we wouldn't get our topics swarmed by pretty idiotic posts like "yu no ask bobcat for permission" (too lazy to make a meme) etc.

heh...no, I dont agree

It was big, so the explosions were big,yes, but the R-7 rocket, the 1st ICBM, had 2 failures and just then worked out properly...and thats with 5 engines, the N1 had 4 failures (out of 4 flights,yes, but you cant call 4 flights statistical data), but with 30 and something engines

This looks fantastic, I'll be downloading it.

If the third stage isn't used, could it be possibly used to lift heavy payloads into kerbal orbit? If so, what'd be the maximum payload weight? (I usually transport between 10 and 20 tons into orbit at a time)

heh...no, I dont agree

It was big, so the explosions were big,yes, but the R-7 rocket, the 1st ICBM, had 2 failures and just then worked out properly...and thats with 5 engines, the N1 had 4 failures (out of 4 flights,yes, but you cant call 4 flights statistical data), but with 30 and something engines

Agreed. In fact, by the time the 4th launch had failed, the scientists had actually fixed the problems which had caused the failures in the engines - however, the Kremlin had lost patience with the Soviet space program and refused to invest in another N-1, which was massively expensive. The project was canned and the parts were ordered to be scrapped, however the scientists hid the engines as they were literally cutting edge. One of these were tested by america in the '90s by lockheed martin and not only did it work perfectly, it actually performed much better than their own rockets.

Just checked out the stats for this mod and it's mind blowing - the first stage has a whopping 10500 thrust, that's 3000 more than the largest engine in the NovaPunch series. That's two mainsails, and then some! The rocket can easily reach a 100km orbit with most of the fuel left in the third stage; the 4th stage (a smaller rocket just aft of the lander) wasn't even used. That's 32 TONS which was easily pushed up there!

This is amazing. I'll definitely be using this rocket for later projects in the future.

Man...the Vostok is the 1st spacecraft send a human to orbit around the earth,you are the 1st who give us this spacecraft here to KSP...THANK YOU!!!

A suggestion...if you can sometime do the capsule really spherical,please forgive me about the suggestion,but i do this because i love your creation!

Cheers!

Edited by CERVERUS

One MASSIVE problem with the Vostok-1 you made (more correctly a few), the Vostok didn't use the Soyuz lateral boosters and 2nd stage, the ones used on the vostok were larger. The 2nd stage was just a bit taller than the one used on the Soyuz and so were the lateral boosters. Also the Vostok had it's own 3rd stage and fairings, and the whole rocket was either painted olive green, white or dark grey and white. Just thought I'd say :)

Cerverus, didnt get your post

As to psycho, those differences are so tiny (between laterals and sustainer of vostok k and soyuz) they aren't really worth the effort of modelling a whole new R7. A slight .cfg edit should do (and even then it's pointless, if you're complaining about the difference between vostok-k and soyuz, why dont you in the difference of thrust of soyuz core and laterals? laterals acctually had more thrust. and that's ONE of the many differences of KSP and RL)

And trust me, MrTheBull *does* know that Vostok-K had its own 3rd stage, derived from the Luna rocket, together with it's own fairing and differing set of textures, he is going to do all that and he is going to add more details to the vostok itself, add a "jettison" of Vostok's instruments module which creates the adapter which differs Luna from Vostok and much more stuff

PS: I know that cause I'm, as long as I'm online, chatting with him on skype, gather data for him etc.

I like the Vostok so much,i like you release for 1st time for KSP this spacecraft!

I do before only two suggestions...only suggestions,because you spend your time and we take your work everybody,and we don't can do nothing,but only suggestions.

My first is,if you can sometime,you do the module spherical,and the pilot when look from IVA don't have see the VAB (at left side) but front,and my last is the throttle is up in IVA mode and i think must be down.

After these congratulation about N1-Vostok,and thank you about this packs!

(Sorry about my poor English)

CERVERUS, my English is poor too) relax.

i know about throttle, i'll fix it. And i will do the spherical module too. What's about IVA camera - I disagree. Look at the module from outside and find a window. Why did you think it should be not from left?

CERVERUS, my English is poor too) relax.

i know about throttle, i'll fix it. And i will do the spherical module too. What's about IVA camera - I disagree. Look at the module from outside and find a window. Why did you think it should be not from left?

I am happy about you have to your plan do a spherical module!

About window,because i think like this is the right,if i do wrong sorry,but i think when you look the navball and the window (VZOR to this case),the pilot must see correct,i don't know maybe i do wrong!

Thank you about your respond to my questions! :)

I am happy about you have to your plan do a spherical module!

About window,because i think like this is the right,if i do wrong sorry,but i think when you look the navball and the window (VZOR to this case),the pilot must see correct,i don't know maybe i do wrong!

Thank you about your respond to my questions! :)

Thanks for your suggestions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.