Stock Satellite Design's!

Ok, I've been playing KSP since .17, I've mastered the game BUT I have one problem, Satellite designing!

yeah, I Only design really basic satellites ( probe core, sat dish.. ) but I want more than this, I want big satellites, I want beautiful ones! specially for my jool mission, I want a special satellite for this one, a big sat, with RTG's, nice design and have some little fuel for little adjusting in orbit.

Edited by MrPopcup

Here's one of mine that I designed recently, I wanted to get away from the dull cylindrical design.

sXlB9jf.jpg

I know it's a bit on the small side, but at least somewhat different. Google images search should give plenty of extra inspiration.

@ Johnno - I like that probe, and yes, it's small and suitable for my Mun Mapping mission, could you upload craft file?

@ Giggle - Honestly, they all look amazing and astounding! you're a great designer no doubt! but my favorite ones are the One that orbit's Duna and Jool, I love Voyager-Like Probes ( btw could you upload craft file for those 2? ).

@ Spartwo - Same as others, cool-looking design but that's almost like that I make, I want something different, Like Johnno and giggle showed.

http://imgur.com/a/svfsJ#7 Would this do for a big satellite? It was Kethane scanners (for my Mun Kethane Mission or MKM) a GPS from (some mod that I don't remember :P), tons of RTGs, large batteris and stuff, RCS and liquid fuel, and a docking port which has the fuel attached to so you can grab it and take it to another planet :D. Oh yes and a flag on it (it automatically sets to you're mission flag).

Edit: Oh and here's the GPS thing: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24646

Edited by Psycho529

Heres a craft file for my own Jool satalite. Sadly i dont have any pics of it, but i figure its easy to slap in game and check out.

8 RTG's 4 extra large solar panels, some radio dishes and antennas as well as 4 1k cap. batteries, suitable for kethane detectors, GPS or whatever else you may want. There isnt an sort of fuel source (i just use a rocket and decouple it after its in the orbit i want, then use the spare fuel to de-orbit the rocket, although there is space to add RCS or fuel if you desire.contains 8 lights for some pretty light effects, and It also has 2 Jr clamp-o-trons (one for rocket attachment), and is fairly small.

let me know if you like it, if not im probably going to build a new probe for an eve launch, and can gladly send you the craft file for it too :)

Jool Space Probe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.