[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

One small suggestion, assuming you keep the arrow buttons: add another column of buttons in in-between to zero out the current value. I think i would rather use that plus the arrow buttons instead of typing in values.

The GUI is cluttered enough as it is, I'm not going to add buttons like that. Now that the textboxes are in you can select the number and type "0".

Btw., would it be possible to support the mouse wheel? Basically it should increase/decrease the value of a text field over which you hover with the mouse.

I don't know. I'll have to look into the focusing rules under Unity and also fix the GUI click-through.

New version is up, enjoy and please let me know if there is anything wrong. In the meantime, I'm gonna fly some spaceplanes.

PreciseNode 0.7
- Next Encounter will now be calculated from the currently selected node forward.
- This should fix the issue where the orbit AP/PE was never shown if an encounter
existed at all.
- Added textboxes for prograde, normal, and radial controls.
- Added a button to focus on the next encounter target.
- Added a button to focus on the active vessel.
- Removed some forgotten debugging symbols.
- Fixed some repaint bugs that may have been causing unexpected CTDs.
- Fixed some null reference bugs through a better node updating scheme.

Ah, slight issue here. Numeric entry into the boxes isn't working properly:

Can't seem to backspace out existing values. The first number always remains and any numbers entered are added before that existing value.

Can't always highlight an existing string of values and backspace to delete all.

Also, seem to be having some problems with decimal points not being recognised.

regex, upload your plugin on spaceport please. Can't DL it from google :(

Try File->Download. I'm not using Spaceport until it's properly updated and working in a sane manner.

Ah, slight issue here. Numeric entry into the boxes isn't working properly:

Can't seem to backspace out existing values. The first number always remains and any numbers entered are added before that existing value.

Can't always highlight an existing string of values and backspace to delete all.

Also, seem to be having some problems with decimal points not being recognised.

Okay, thanks, I'll look into that as soon as possible.

E: In the meantime, put in all of the numbers and add the decimal last. If trying to clear it out, select the text and hit 0. Right now it won't accept anything that isn't a "fully qualified" number, so a number with a decimal but nothing after it is rejected as are empty values. I have no issues back-spacing the characters out, are you trying to remove the last number because that won't work, it has to be a number right now?

I'm looking into better schemes to handle text entry within Unity; this is very "raw" stuff compared to, say, Swing.

Edited by regex

I didn't realise how much I rely on this mod until I played a clean .23 install. This makes things so much easier. Cheers!

Thanks, glad you like it!

TMS (and everybody else), I have a fix for the textboxes regarding decimals and having no values, and other assorted weirdness. It's going to have to wait for a good ten~twelve hours because I'm already running late to work and have to get the kid to day care... You get the idea. Anyway, I'm hoping to have a new version out tonight to handle all that and we'll try again.

Again, in the meantime:

put in all of the numbers and add the decimal last. If trying to clear it out, select the text and hit 0. Right now it won't accept anything that isn't a "fully qualified" number, so a number with a decimal but nothing after it is rejected as are empty values.

Okay, 0.7.5 is now up, hopefully this should take care of the erratic textbox behavior. You can now remove everything from the textbox, start typing with a "-" sign, add a decimal as needed, etc...

Any chance you'll be adding support for Blizzy's toolbar?

Why? I'm not using an icon and the window only shows when you have a node created in map mode. The clock is just a show all the time sort of thing, same with the conics window in map mode when there aren't nodes.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will you integrate this with the Toolbar by Blizzy78 (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863)?
Why? I'm not using an icon and the window only shows when you have a node created in map mode. The clock is just a show all the time sort of thing, same with the conics window in map mode when there aren't nodes.

.......... :mad:

Thanks for the update regex. I've become majorly dependent on this mod's functionality.

You know what would be great though? You should add an icon so you can use Blizzy78's Toolbar mod! (sorry, couldn't resist :P)

I got the updated version today but when I make a node it's showing pro/retrograde as radial. If I try to adjust the radial in precisenode it resets back to the actual radial amount.

God damnit... Copypasta error, I'll do another compile when I get home...

Another bug for ya regex (sorry). Running 0.7.5

Here's what happens:

I create a node. If I start by pulling on the gizmo handles, I see my conic path changing and the Precise Node GUI is updating the total dV. But the individual text boxes all read '0'. If I then try to increment or decrement any of the box values, it resets the path back to the start (matching the 0, 0, 0 of the text boxes) and begins adjusting from there. After that the handles on the gizmo no longer have any effect. If I start by entering numbers directly into the Precise Node GUI, it seems to work fine (the increment/decrement buttons work and the conic path updates), but the gizmo handles have no effect.

Basically it's like I can use the gizmo or Precise Node, but Precise Node "takes over" if I use it. If you need any other info to troubleshoot, just let me know.

Edit: It appears there's more. It's a different bug though. I set Minmus as a target and was setting up an encounter using just the GUI. It was going fine. I got my encounter and was trying to fine tune it when I tweaked a bit too far and over shot, losing my encounter with the Minmus SOI. Here's the odd thing. The entire Precise Node window blanked out. And since the gizmo handles weren't working, I couldn't edit anything. Ok, I tried again - this time using only the gizmo. I adjusted until I got an encounter, then purposefully went too far. As soon as I lost the encounter, the GUI blanked out again. This time, since I was only using the gizmo I could keep adjusting. Once I got the encounter back, the GUI repopulated. No encounter, no GUI. Encounter, GUI.

Edited by jfjohnny5

Addition to previous post: If i create a node;

- if the first edit is via the 3d handles, the changes are not reflected in the PreciseNode window. all numbers read zero.

- if the first edit is via Precisenode controls, any change via the 3d handles resets the maneuver node. Also, the dV-Meter (right of the Navball) is not adjusted during the execution burn, which screws up the maneuver prediction

Edited by SirJodelstein
<previous post = same problem>

Addition to previous post: If i create a node;

- if the first edit is via the 3d handles, the changes are not reflected in the PreciseNode window. all numbers read zero.

- if the first edit is via Precisenode controls, any change via the 3d handles resets the maneuver node. Also, the dV-Meter (right of the Navball) is not adjusted during the execution burn, which screws up the maneuver prediction

Yes, I was just about to post these bugs.

And rolling back to 0.7 fixes the issues I described. Hopefully that helps narrow it down.

I'd like to do that too, but I don't have the file. Is there anywhere I can get the older version?