[WIP] Apollo-like crew module (Updated download 17.2.2014)

Ledenko

Taki: You got it ;)

Maybe it could activate the "ABORT" action group? I know it's a common thing around here that when something goes wrong the usual next question is "Did you try taking SCE to Aux?" and I think it would be cool to actually be able to do that.

Heh, I should add the RCS bit to OP as a FAQ :D I decided against trying to put that in because the RCS thrusters in Apollo were used for rotation and the same effect is already achieved in the game with reaction wheels. Mihara suggested changing the config to make the SAS expend monopropellant instead of electricity. There would be no visible effect though.

The only reason I ask about working rcs is because I play with all of the realism mods, which means no SAS. Attitude control is via RCS only.

Ledenko: I'd suggest adding the transforms. Try it out ingame. If it works, great; if it bugs out, well, it'll be a great testcase for me. :) And you can set the ModuleRCS to justforshow for now if it doesn't and use the reaction wheel workaround until I or someone fixes ModuleRCS

No he said he won't develop a Service Module and the capsule suits 3 Kerbals like Apollo capsule and like the Mk1-2 capsule. What do you mean you hope it is bulkier? You can clearly see in the OP how it looks as the external model is actually finished (except some polishing maybe) only thing missing is IVA,you can even download it for a long time now

Yeah I understand, what I was trying to say was I wanted a larger command module for larger missions( like mercury(1) gemini(2) apollo(3) orion(5)) because the mk1-2 fits the 3 man 2.5m capsule description. if this will be the same then there's no real reason to use this besides aesthetics(which are really damn good nonetheless).

There hasn't been alot of command module mods lately and I sure would love to get some bigger capacity capsules!

I guess it would have been better if he keep it this way because after all it is based on apollo. maybe on his next project :D

Yeah I understand, what I was trying to say was I wanted a larger command module for larger missions( like mercury(1) gemini(2) apollo(3) orion(5)) because the mk1-2 fits the 3 man 2.5m capsule description. if this will be the same then there's no real reason to use this besides aesthetics(which are really damn good nonetheless).

There hasn't been alot of command module mods lately and I sure would love to get some bigger capacity capsules!

I guess it would have been better if he keep it this way because after all it is based on apollo. maybe on his next project :D

Yeah I also want a 5 or 6 man command pod but some are in development :D But I mainly like this pod because it is a replacement for the Mk1-2 for me is it is aesthatically more pleasing than the Mk1-2 pod. But Ledenko makes big progresses and I am hoping too that he will start a new project if this is finished:

Some time ago, when I added the built-in decoupler, I was warned to have it set to activate via right click on the module only. What's the story behind that?

I toyed around with stage offsets and if I build a simple SM - chute+CM+fuel+engine and start with the chute as the root part, automatic staging seems to work fine, but I don't want to mess something up further down the line.

I've been tinkering with ideas for what to do after the CM and was toying at work:

w4HrV9T.jpg

Does it remind you of a specific craft? Would you be interested in it? Because I think I'd like to try my hand at modeling that (what's on the picture is going straight to trash if I seriously start on this)

I've been tinkering with ideas for what to do after the CM and was toying at work:

http://i.imgur.com/w4HrV9T.jpg

Does it remind you of a specific craft? Would you be interested in it? Because I think I'd like to try my hand at modeling that (what's on the picture is going straight to trash if I seriously start on this)

Yeah I would be interested too :D

Yep that really rmeinds me of the Dream Chaser too

There's a 4 kerbal pod in development, Bobcat's Orion fits a bunch, 7 I think. Then there's probably a Dragon pod that holds more than three. I was considering the PPTS or some sort of a soyuz hybrid but I'm not coming up with anything good.

There's a 4 kerbal pod in development, Bobcat's Orion fits a bunch, 7 I think. Then there's probably a Dragon pod that holds more than three. I was considering the PPTS or some sort of a soyuz hybrid but I'm not coming up with anything good.

Hmm Orion is 6 man but I like Bobcats model of it and especially the reskin by YANFRET...PPTS is already done by MrTheBull. Ig uess you will find something for you , the dreamchaser is a good start :)

I know, but that's pretty much just a Novapunch styled version. It's gonna be good but not released yet. Or there is the circa 2007 concept of Orion CEV. The one way before the other one which Bobcat modeled for the American Pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.