What do you think about new KSP 0.22 preview viido?

Pawelk198604

I'd put miniature seperatrons on that beanie if I could.

And it would be used to detach the "capsule" in case of an emergency? Well, at least you would be able to recover the test subject's most vital parts... I'm sure that would still be considered a success by kerbal scientists.

Does the beaker have a beanie for the marmot in the module?

I forsee serious problems if there isn't. You ever seen a beaker'd marmot without a beanie to preoccupy it? Well, I have. In such a scenario, I would fully expect the science lab and the rocket around it to not remain in one contiguous piece.

I wonder how long it'll take to research all science nodes?

I just hope there's an option to bypass or immediately unlock all the science nodes, as it looks like you have to research parts now before using them (if someone has heard differently, please correct me, this is what I gathered from watching the video). I don't want to be forced to fly smaller/less advanced spacecraft and do a bunch of research just to be able to unlock parts that I've already been using for a while.

I just hope there's an option to bypass or immediately unlock all the science nodes, as it looks like you have to research parts now before using them (if someone has heard differently, please correct me, this is what I gathered from watching the video). I don't want to be forced to fly smaller/less advanced spacecraft and do a bunch of research just to be able to unlock parts that I've already been using for a while.

Sandbox mode isn't going away.

Well it will hopefully be at least more humane than the first dog corpse in space. Can't blame them for lying about the dog making a safe landing when it was boiled to death inside the capsule at take off.

This looks fun, the sub assembly looks kinda cool. More stuff to do with science, is something i'm looking forward too. Hopefully give more meaning to going out there. Not like finding rocks is easy, its why we need to travel to other planets.

Edited by Moonfrog
pressed go by accident

I'm hoping that we won't have to always use the science bay part. It looks like an awkward shape to fit into a lander. It'll be tricky making a good looking manned science return craft if we have to haul that thing back home with us.

I'm hoping that telescope is functional, even if it's to just look at existing space bodies :)

Anyway, I hope you weren't thinking if detaching that science habitat module containing the wildlife just for aesthetics!! Think of the poor critters you're leaving to drift forever in space!!!

That's why the antennae send data back from wherever you are (unless I'm misunderstanding) Upon finishing sending the data, you could decouple the science bay to save weight and have a sleeker-looking return vehicle.

Transmitting results won't get you as much science data as a full return mission though.

I think it might be better sometimes to launch a science bay seperately. Do science bay stuff on unmanned probes, and not even try to connect them to crew pods.

I'm hoping that telescope is functional, even if it's to just look at existing space bodies :)

Anyway, I hope you weren't thinking if detaching that science habitat module containing the wildlife just for aesthetics!! Think of the poor critters you're leaving to drift forever in space!!!

Leaving the drifting increase the amount of space junk, better to give them an landing trajectory. Hope they don't mind the 3km/s landing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.