"Sunshine" movie style Deployable Light Globe (updated 25/10/2013)

alexustas

how the hell do i get this to work? turning ship lights on when it's plugged in does nothing. and there's no option in eva to turn it on. :S

:)

Required KAS mod http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-2-kas-kerbal-attachment-system-v0-1/

Required Vanguard Technologies Plugin http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/vanguard-technologies-plugin/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seemed like perfect thong for lighting up asteroid surface.

Unfortunetly light globe seems to be broken in current version of ksp.

Whatever i try to do, it always show on right click that its not enough electric charge. I cant deploy it or light up when its attached to vessel and dropped to surface.

• 4 weeks later...
It seemed like perfect thong for lighting up asteroid surface.

Unfortunetly light globe seems to be broken in current version of ksp.

Whatever i try to do, it always show on right click that its not enough electric charge. I cant deploy it or light up when its attached to vessel and dropped to surface.

It still works fine for me, sounds like you have KAS installed ok, so either you're missing the Vanguard Plugin/ or there is a problem with your installation or a conflict with another of your mods maybe?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a patch that makes it attachable to the ground with KIS. (It also fixes the stack node.) Bear in mind that the default connection to the ground is not very strong, so don't use them as road barriers or anything like that!

@PART[Deployable_Light-01]
{

@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.16, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

-MODULE[KASModuleGrab]{}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
allowAttachOnStatic = true
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISPartStatic
}
}

..Then, copy that patch into a text file (by convention, they're all named something.cfg) in your GameData folder.

and place that .cfg in the same folder as this mod or directly into the GameData folder?

sorry for the silly questions, I never added a patch before

and place that .cfg in the same folder as this mod or directly into the GameData folder?

sorry for the silly questions, I never added a patch before

As MeCripp says, you can put patches anywhere, but I put mine in a "ZZZ_Unofficial_Patches" folder -- that way, I never forget where they are in case I feel like changing them, and they don't get accidentally deleted when I update things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.