"Sunshine" movie style Deployable Light Globe (updated 25/10/2013)

alexustas

I'm about to upload an updated version of the Vanguard Technologies plugin, but I couldn't fix the problem with starting in the "On" position. I'm just too dumb ;(

I believe it can be fixed by changing the model so that it starts in the "Off" position, though I don't know if there is a simple way to do that in unity.

I'm about to upload an updated version of the Vanguard Technologies plugin, but I couldn't fix the problem with starting in the "On" position. I'm just too dumb ;(

I believe it can be fixed by changing the model so that it starts in the "Off" position, though I don't know if there is a simple way to do that in unity.

But so it is starts in the "Off" position...

EDIT: The Animation is start in "Off". Default state of model (in 3D app) is "On", then in Unity in 1st frame of animation i had make it "furl" in box, then in 120 frame I got it all back in "deployed" state. it's much easier than doing the opposite

Edited by alexustas

I dunno if this will work, but I think because I've seen models play an animation for no reason:

Create a 2nd animation that only contains the retracted state, then set "play automatically" to true for it. That way the model should set itself to retracted and the plugin whould handle it correctly.

Mihara used the following, which works except for the starting issue:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKrAnimation
extendAnim = DeployableLight-10
extendGUI = Light On
retractGUI = Light Off
actionGUI = Toggle Light
EVA_Range = 5
speed = 0.5
state = false
energyConsumptionExtended = 0.002
}

UPDATE:

I did support the of new KAS version! (0.4.1)

everything works fine!!!

I've added new features

After some more testing and debugging I'll upload a new version. very soon!

Edited by alexustas

Would you mind making a version without KAS support at all, meant to be built into the top of a 1.25m stack? I want to build it into some of my base modules. :)

You can disable the KAS modules in config file yourself, but lights meant for stack mounts would need a special design, which I'm not settled on yet.

>alexustas

Nice to hear that it works ;) In my tests the lights worked without ModuleLight as well, so you might not need that.

yes, the 'ModuleKrAnimation' works pretty well, but the device does not consume resources in Warp ((

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.