[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
While I haven't tried the struts, they do use the old strut code so may not work as expected. Everything else works basically the same as before, the reason there's no 0.90 update is because it's not terribly critical or necessary. Still works fine though.

Really? But Kerbal Stuff specifically mentions that the latest version is know to NOT work with 0.90.

Really? But Kerbal Stuff specifically mentions that the latest version is know to NOT work with 0.90.

Did you read the whole post?

That's the standard boilerplate text you get when you don't specifically say that a mod is working on the current version of KSP. For the record, it works absolutely fine, but the struts still use the old strut coding so may not work as intended (I haven't tried them). But otherwise, there's no problem with KWR on 0.90 at all.

It works absolutely fine for me as well. While I prefer the B9 struts, I've used the KWrocketry struts on occasion and they work. No idea whether the strength value is working though since I also use KJR.

It works absolutely fine for me as well. While I prefer the B9 struts, I've used the KWrocketry struts on occasion and they work. No idea whether the strength value is working though since I also use KJR.

I can confirm that KW rocketry works fine struts and all in .90.

The issue list is as follows:

-KW rocketry parts don't filter by manufacture.

-KW struts use the old deprecated code. (Still works)

Other than that they seem to work the same as ever.

Love this parts, i know it almost do nothing to update it (.9 and then 1.0 when released), in practice, but would be great to have the classical ones on big shape!

Edited by Climberfx

Would it be possible to add option to your engines to automatically initiate deorbit burn or done manually by switching to debris and deorbit them, also so they don't fall over populated areas. You could do this by installing a bunch of hardware like control capsule, mono tank and rcs, parachute to each rocket stage but seems rather cumbersome and illogical without integration. It would be nice if this can be built into rocket engines to support a little bit of mono and integrated rcs thrusters and computer, similar to the "USI Survivability Pack (formerly D.E.R.P)" http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84359. Its only troublesome to have 50+ spent rocket stages floating around with no means of cleaning it all up...and rather odd that we keep on with this behavior of "littering in space" in a game and in real-life.

You can also achieve this by making a new part that has integrated rcs system, monopropellent, computer system and parachute, all available either procedurally (custom size) or standard rocket sizes. Can be attached at anyplace in the rocket stage if fuel crossfeed is enabled.

Edited by Smokie23

Retroburning. Put separtrons or whatever so they thrust retrograde, once in orbit, release payload and then fire the separtrons. Don't even need to turn round as you're (hopefully) facing prograde still. Course, depending on the rocket, you may need bigger/more separtrons, but you only need to get the PE below 21km and it'll be deleted. You don't need to care about populated areas (disregarding the fact there are none) as the thing can and should be considered unable to survive re-entry.

Course, depending on the rocket, you may need bigger/more separtrons, but you only need to get the PE below 21km and it'll be deleted. You don't need to care about populated areas (disregarding the fact there are none) as the thing can and should be considered unable to survive re-entry.

You can also ride the debris down as long as the PE is somewhere inside of atmosphere. Depending on the AP and PE it could take awhile to come down but it'll come down eventually. DRE helps quite a bit as anything moving orbital velocity below 45km tends to go poof pretty quickly.

Retroburning. Put separtrons or whatever so they thrust retrograde, once in orbit, release payload and then fire the separtrons. Don't even need to turn round as you're (hopefully) facing prograde still. Course, depending on the rocket, you may need bigger/more separtrons, but you only need to get the PE below 21km and it'll be deleted. You don't need to care about populated areas (disregarding the fact there are none) as the thing can and should be considered unable to survive re-entry.

This, though I use the KW Rocketry Ullage motors because they look better than sepatrons.

Another thing I do is use the Procedural Fairings structural fairings to hid the probe core, RCS, batteries and antenna. (I use Remote Tech) Then I put the whole sub assembly in the sub assemblies section so that I can add them to the top of any booster after only making them once. I also add RCS by the engine like the real life Centaur. I move them so that you can't see them inside the engine shroud so that they become exposed the same time as the engine during staging. That is a mouthful, I hope it is clear.

I seem to have an issue with connecting some rockets. Some just don't connect flush to the fuel tanks, looks like this,

34q7lme.jpg

Edit: Found the issue, installing "InstantPowerResponseConfigs" causes this bug.

Edited by lawlbear

Been having problems getting most KW engines to load in the VAB/SPH. It's like they're there, but the models and thumbnails don't load. Is this something that can be fixed by reinstalling KW, or do we know of a different cause/solution?

Been having problems getting most KW engines to load in the VAB/SPH. It's like they're there, but the models and thumbnails don't load. Is this something that can be fixed by reinstalling KW, or do we know of a different cause/solution?

Can you explain what you mean by "It's like they're there, but the models and thumbnails don't load"? If the model doesn't load the game shouldn't load the part.

Can you explain what you mean by "It's like they're there, but the models and thumbnails don't load"? If the model doesn't load the game shouldn't load the part.

The part's info loads, as does its spot in the catalog. However, the tile itself has no thumbnail. And when I click the part to add it to a ship, it's...invisible, I guess is the best way to put it. The attachment nodes show up and seem to work fine, but there's nothing visible there. If it helps, I do not play on the highest graphics setting.