SpaceX Dragon unmanned capsule (plus Falcon 9 Launch Vehicle) STOCK REPLICA

Hey KSP People. I've got yet another real life replica to show you all; the unmanned SpaceX Dragon supply capsule along with it's launch vehicle: the Falcon 9!

I'm sure you all have seen KSP replicas of older spacecraft (Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, etc) so I decided to replicate something that is very new and very much in use today. There have been four successful Dragon launches to date (all unmanned), of which three have supplied cargo to the ISS.

The craft has enough Delta-V to get into orbit, rendezvous with a target in LKO (in this flight I used the stock space station core) and spalsh down back at Kerbin. The biggest problem is that the central part of the capsule tends to break (even with no crash damage and unbreakable joints enabled) and spew debris everywhere both on water and land touchdowns. It's kind of annoying but I didn't think it was that much of a problem considering this is purely for aesthetics and not meant to be practical.

Action groups:

1)stage away nose cone (do this after second stage cut off because it has no sepatrons, just the force of the clipping parts to nudge it away)

2)toggle solar panels

Craftfile: http://www./view/h3q60qn0c8ua56j/Dragon.craft

3K3jewg.png

Pq84A6J.png

tfHkBh8.png

Cjci9T4.png

hM2aLLH.png

X6oEQNF.png

RbFteTh.png

XR6RU0l.png

nwplcI3.png

NkCwRd4.png

xUqUTn1.png

2ZNsZDd.png

B2Nhr3m.png

H9Z5YMs.png

ax2p4pC.png

o8aDQwS.png

The next generation spacecraft! now with free breaking up on landing :P

Also, does it have any use (Refueling, things like that) besides just for fun?

Also, It looks like it has a high part count :(

Edited by M.Wolfy

Whew. The Dragon looks extrthe real Falcon emely cool. Much more better than mine. But mention that at the real Falcon 9 the second stage engine has the same power as one of the first stage engines :wink:

Whew. The Dragon looks extrthe real Falcon emely cool. Much more better than mine. But mention that at the real Falcon 9 the second stage engine has the same power as one of the first stage engines :wink:

While this is true, I think the Skipper definitely looks the part. I've always been bothered by the fact that in KSP engine bell size is directly proportional to thrust. I want some vacuum engines with huge bells but relatively low thrust and a good ISP.

Especially the Dragon looks great... look at mine

3NuKB8y.png

While this is true, I think the Skipper definitely looks the part. I've always been bothered by the fact that in KSP engine bell size is directly proportional to thrust. I want some vacuum engines with huge bells but relatively low thrust and a good ISP.

I think th bell of the LV-T30 has the same size but nearly the same thrust than the LV-T45

Edited by Nephf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.