[0.23.5][Obsolete] Multiple Saves DA v018

PrivateFlip

Any patch notes on version 015?

can't remember, I think i added the latest toolbar plugin, at some point blizzy was rolling out new version twice a day.

There are some for version 16! (And what beauties they are)

I increased the lenght of a savefile name so Kerbal Alarms Clock's backup saves can be loaded.

Also added logic so these savefile - there can be up to fifty - are placed at the end in the list instead of the at location "K"

The alignment of the savefile button is changed from center to left

And the logic which prevents saving should now match KSP normal restrictions all the time instead of most of the time, thanks to theSpeare.

• 5 weeks later...

F5, Alt Tab, copy, paste, rename, Alt Tab, F5 ..... What! I don't have to do all that anymore!

Yeah! Yeah! Awesome. Thanks Man :cool:.

A shame that when you type the filename the game still responds to the key presses, but, I have lots of other mods that do the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had some oddities (things not responding, etc) occurring when saving with the new 0.17 version under KSP 0.23.5.464 and then when I tried to load the game again it said my save file was no longer compatible! Is there anything in the file I can check/edit that might be the cause of this? Thanks.

As to the mod, what kind of oddities are you experiencing. What is not responding; the mod, loading, saving, the game, ships?

As far as I know i compiled the mod against the new 23.5 libraries, but I'll do this again just to be sure and make a new upload.

I can imagine the new saving behaviour has some additional requirements compared to the old situations, maybe Squad takes some preparatory before saving in atmosphere, which I'm not making. Do these oddities occur when saving at times where you previously could not. If I'm getting more reports on this I will pull the download and restore the old constraints just to be sure.

As to your savefile, I would love to help you with this. You could send me the savefile, so I can take a look at it. You can also try to rename an older other save, like a quicksave or one you made with the mod to persistent.sfs (after making a backup of the original persistent.sfs) and try to load the game with one of these.

Update v018

-Reintroduced saving constraints as they existed in previous version. (only applies to saving with the mod)

-Toggled a flag to prevent loading incompatible saves, which could subsequently lead to the main persistent save file being overwritten by an incompatible game state.

-Added explanatory messages when saving under restricted situations to allow new players, unfamiliar with the constraints in previous versions of KSP, to understand why saving is not possible.

These are precautionary changes base on a single bug report. I realize I could well be overreacting, but I believe these constraints have a mild impact compared to a potential bigger risk of corrupting save files.

Edited by PrivateFlip

Couldn't you just use alt+F5 instead of this mod? Or does this mod provide any more functionality over the Stock quicksave as menu?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :)

This mod is now obsolete

Sure there is Alt+F5 and Alt+F9, but I still like having the toolbar button.

Change is always hard, be strong! :)

But seriously, although the upkeep of this mod isn't very labor intensive, it still takes some time in compiling-testing-uploading and and than there's the weight of responsibility of potentially wrecking people's career saves (see a few posts back). It's probably best to get used to the stock implementation.

Jeb would be proud of me with all the times ive hit alt-f4 now while using the in game one.

I guess i shouldnt try to QUICK save so quick, lol.

maybe they should make it Ctrl+F5, or some other combination with a less severe key slip consequences :)

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.