Bad news from NASA, should KSP follow suit?

kiwi1960

Ummm, yeah, I also meant that all the flags have fallen over except one....

the next flag planted on the moon will be Chinese... sorry to say.

Lets hope Americans take that as a challenge. As for the white flags in ksp .. yea. Sure why not. If rather see other effects come into play first though. Like dust, foot prints and rover tracks that stay for as long as you have it set. ( so forever if you like ).

Well here is a trick, nobody actualy knows if they are white or not, they are thinking that they should be white, becouse those flag were absolutly ordinary flags which you can buy in a store across America. They didnt think that nobody will come there again for such a long time so the flags were not so time proof. Ou and in Ksp there is prety much no reason to not make flags from UV proof or radiation proof colors :)

Lets hope Americans take that as a challenge. As for the white flags in ksp .. yea. Sure why not. If rather see other effects come into play first though. Like dust, foot prints and rover tracks that stay for as long as you have it set. ( so forever if you like ).
Americans won't make it to the moon on there own again.

Ummm, yeah, I also meant that all the flags have fallen over except one....

the next flag planted on the moon will be Chinese... sorry to say.

No, all of them are still standing except the first one.

From your link:

Indeed, all of them are standing up except the one left by Armstrong and Aldrin, the first two men on the Moon. The Apollo 11 lunar module crew placed the flag too close to their spacecraft and, according to Buzz Aldrin himself, it was blown away as they blasted off to rendezvous with Michael Collins, on board Columbia, their Command and Service Module orbiting the Moon.

I think this is a nice sign. The USA stepped on the moon and set their flag on them. Doing this they open the people's mind to space, and now space is open for everyone. Symboled by a white flag.

The borders in the people's minds slowly faded. The flags are telling us what we all should do. Slowly fading the borders in our head and seeing earth as it is. One.

I think this is a nice sign. The USA stepped on the moon and set their flag on them. Doing this they open the people's mind to space, and now space is open for everyone. Symboled by a white flag.

The borders in the people's minds slowly faded. The flags are telling us what we all should do. Slowly fading the borders in our head and seeing earth as it is. One.

Nice, I like that. Sort of how I feel too. We're all "in space" so to speak so we should be able to share in the exploration, and really if we're going to do much manned exploration beyond our own sphere of influence it's going to take the talents, resources and abilities of all the space faring nations together to accomplish this.

Why is it sorry that the next flag will be Chinese?

I think it's becuase we Americans feel protective of the Moon. Since we've been the only ones to walk on it, we feel that it is "ours". This is incorrect. Space is free for anyone to explore, a country cannot claim a celestial body for its own, It must be claimed for ALL of humanity.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that the US won't be the ones going back to the Moon, but at least SOMEONE is going there again :)

We just sent LADEE to the Mun.

We are CAPABLE of doing it, It's simply that the priorities of the government is a bit skewed at the moment.

No Rage i'm talking about manned missions here. And also, most countrys could go to the moon if there would be just enough money. Everyone is capable of doing it.

No Rage i'm talking about manned missions here. And also, most countrys could go to the moon if there would be just enough money. Everyone is capable of doing it.

Ah. You made it sound like America would require help. Nevermind then.

We just sent LADEE to the Mun.

We are CAPABLE of doing it, It's simply that the priorities of the government is a bit skewed at the moment.

What government? :P

No, in all seriousness: Due to the lag of a second live-threatening Superpower on earth competing in an all-risks-ignoring race (which was the power driving people up there in the first place), one might rather focus on colaborations, in order to overcome things like skewed government priorities. Look at Hubble or the ISS. When space agencies get together in synergy, awesome happens :) Thats why I really don't mind a chinese or new US or white flag on the moon. As long as mankind keeps going to space, I'll be exited about it, no matter under what flag. And I really hope NASA won't be damaged too hard by that government crisis you guys have over there.

I think faiding flags would be a funny feature, but I can think of 42 and more other things I'd rather have implemented with higher priority. So long I might use the white flag in KSP, just for realism.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.