what to do afterwards

hm... so...

does flying by a planet give you a different report instead of that "it seems we are in space"?

yes, high kerbin atmosphere, low kerbin atmosphere, LKO, HKO, high orbit around mun, low orbit around mun etc. all give you different crew reports and eva reports

hm... so...

does flying by a planet give you a different report instead of that "it seems we are in space"?

Yes. Bob did a free return flyby of the Mun, and his report noted possible landing sites. Also in orbit you can get different reports depending on what you are over (I have done a highlands report and a 'water' report). I'm not going to abuse this to get science in tiny increments, but I do plan on seeing what science you get for doing a report while over the poles.

Yes. Bob did a free return flyby of the Mun, and his report noted possible landing sites. Also in orbit you can get different reports depending on what you are over (I have done a highlands report and a 'water' report). I'm not going to abuse this to get science in tiny increments, but I do plan on seeing what science you get for doing a report while over the poles.

taking a sample on northpole gave me +8 science , in water it gave me +12

It is possible to get to minmus and mun without batterys, the stock command body does not consume electric charge.

I recommend going to Minmus first, then Mun, mun is harder.

The stock command body does indeed consume electricity to run the reaction/torque wheels ... don't leave your sas on when you speed up time to move your orbit ahead or w/e you waste tons of juice.

It is possible to get to minmus and mun without batterys, the stock command body does not consume electric charge.

I recommend going to Minmus first, then Mun, mun is harder.

This is what I did. I got 475 SCIENCE! from a single trip to Minmus. No batteries.

It also seems to me that higher orbits give more science.

Like, first time you orbit at 70 and the green goo thing gives you some science, but then if you repeat the experiment, the science value decreases.

Next launch, you go to a 200 km orbit, and the green goo gives you 10 full science points again.

It also seems to me that higher orbits give more science.

Like, first time you orbit at 70 and the green goo thing gives you some science, but then if you repeat the experiment, the science value decreases.

Next launch, you go to a 200 km orbit, and the green goo gives you 10 full science points again.

there's 2 different kinds of orbits as far as the science is concerned (at least that i've noticed) Low orbit and high orbit, each bodies have their own different as to where low orbit starts but yes, you get different results from these 2 orbits

The stock command body does indeed consume electricity to run the reaction/torque wheels ... don't leave your sas on when you speed up time to move your orbit ahead or w/e you waste tons of juice.

I know that. However, it seems that it's only in the first 5 sec of timewarp that it consumes electric charge, then it seems to turn off.

@Steevy awesome, I got something like 370. I landed in the crystal lake :D

I can store seemingly endless EVA reports and samples, but can the observation of goo or materials be stored and the pod be reused?

Or must the pod send the data back (loosing quite some science that way) to start a new experiment?

Resetting them seems to delete the report.

The goo tanks and Science, Jr. modules can indeed only hold one observation at a time each. Of course, there's nothing saying you can't have multiples on one craft, and gain full points for different observations from each -- it just takes a little creative engineering...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.