Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

I honestly have no idea where he is right now

- - - Updated - - -

Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace.

These rather unintelligent men, Jebediah and Bill Kerman, have no idea that there is no hope for their recovery.

These two men are laying down their lives in Kerbalkind's most noble goal: the search for snacks and ice cream.

They will be mourned by practically no one; they will be mourned by Mother Kerbin that dared send two of her sons into the unknown.

In their exploration, they stirred the people of the world to feel as one; in their sacrifice, they bind more tightly the brotherhood of man.

In ancient days, kerbalkind looked at stars and saw many shiny and possibly delicious wonders

In modern times, we do much the same, but those shiny things are our brave explorers, who were totally volunteers and not expendable prisoners/clones.

Others will follow, and surely find their way home. Our search will not be denied, but these brave explorers will be foremost in our list of fails.

For every kerbal who looks up at the moon in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of another world that is forever kerbalkind.

-Gene's speech

Edited by The Optimist
wrong spelling

My Jeb ran tourist missions for awhile. Then I caught him trying to sneak into my big interplanetary rockets, so I permanently assigned him to my anti-aircraft guns.

You see, my space center has a bad habit of building ships that can't fly right, so sometime we have to shoot planes out of the sky.

Brave Jeb boldly went to rescue Lemfred Kerman from a retrograte Orbit, only to find himself and his new chap in a cozy, Little craft that had never been tested to survive re-entry. So I assume they are now playing some card games to bide their time, embracing life and thanking their god FNYN.

Well, as the engineers and mechanics are currently working on modifications for a new rocket - the Kronos_X15 aka Kronos_B - in the VAB, I'm pretty certain that he, and Bill and Bob, have sneaked into the command module and are playing a card game or something there. Don't worry, a janitor will routinely be sent to evict them before launch.

Dead. Not sure how I did it, but it was apparently before I discovered the building that takes you to the map to show what you have in play. I've terminated a number of missions that were in "difficulty". But not in time for Jeb. I'd love to have him back but I'm too far on in Science mode to start over again. One day ...

In my science mode he was killed when my communicator's chutes were torn apart before I learned you could right click on them to know when to open them. My career mode jeb was killed when the science 4 (I think), due to how it was designed, faced prograde on reentry and failed to slow down enough for safe deployment of the chutes before hitting the sea. He then respawned and is currently in the astronaut complex. my sandbox jeb is in an elliptical orbit in a kerbal x around kerbin. if it has an engine, I might de-orbit it...or maybe eventualyl once I can do an orbital rendevous put his pod on a sub-orbital trajectory and have the rescue vehicle get back to orbit so I can do jeb's re-entry and then de-orbit the rescue vehicle if it's manned and maybe even if it's a probe too. my valentina was in alandship of mine until I recovered it and she's now in the astronaut complex cringing at my atrocious spelling here since I'm too lazy to go correct it..

He's been stranded on an island halfway around the world from KSC for about 7 years. He and the other orange suits were testing a rocket plane, which was able to glide down and make a water landing after it ran out of fuel. The others were recovered, but Jeb swam to shore and planted a flag. He threw spears at the recovery team, so we just left him there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.