[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

I have both this and CactEye installed without a problem.

That's nice but the "Analyze Data" button on the WideField Camera 2 disappeared and I was not able to generate any science.

I've tried searching, and even looking in the .cfg for the part, but how many samples can each Sample Return Bin Hold?

Same as any command pod - indefinite.

hey, can you show a example of a camera taking a picture with like a mun arch in the screen and getting extra science or something like that?

You need to bring the camera close to anomaly, less than 1km I guess. You also need it to face the anomaly. Then start making pictures.

Where are the parts unlocked in the Tech Tree? I do not see them in my (fully unlocked) KSP Interstellar tech tree, which is like the normal one with more nodes on the end, so it should be fine. Also, when I looked at my L-Tech folder with the parts, the Radiation Sensor and the Radio Receiver did not have models, only 2 text files, one for each, next to 2 folders with other parts. Should I re-download?

The mod sounds great, just hoping it can work.

That's nice but the "Analyze Data" button on the WideField Camera 2 disappeared and I was not able to generate any science.

What other information would you need me to provide to be able to help debug this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoying this mod, which so far seems to be 23.5 compatible. A few initial observations:

- Insight is generated far too quickly.

- There should be some diminishing return on repeating experiments regardless of the resource requirements. They're still very easy to spam for science.

- Haven't confirmed yet but does the lab require 4 kerbals to use? If it doesn't, it should. I'd also add a snacks resource which is consumed as insight is generated and once gone, no more insight. Replace snacks.

can some one tell me how to use insight every time i press study micro grav it takes the insight then say need 1 clipboard what am i doing wrong am using 23.5

The clipboard resource is tweakable in the VAB. The parts with the resource start with 0 at the moment. Easily fixed in the cfg I'd imagine (will be checking).

I really like this mod, but the radio receiver/spyatron needs some serious nerfing. The amount of science it can provide on any single body (landed/space low/space high for _every biome_) is absolutely preposterous, particularly given that almost all readouts away from Kerbin are "static".

• 3 weeks later...
I'm loving the science camera part, but I'm having a strange issue:

In the camera context menu (a camera feom HullCam) there's a "take RL picture" option, which just crashes my game :).

What the heck...?

I had the same problem but it wasn't when I took the real life picture but when I increased the resolultion while trying to do so. I never found anything to fix this but great mod none the less.

I believe that's linked to the BOSS mod, so if you don't have it then yea it will crash on you.

I have the latest version of boss. It still happens, it works fine taking photos no matter what there for science or real life pics but the resolution still crashes it. Just tried it earlier.

I'd like to see science stuff to use while not in orbit, such as experiments to use in high atmosphere of planets, things that require insight and consumables on the surface of planets (life detection experiments?), experiments you can only run while during reentry, things like this, stuff and times not usually exploited by science in KSP. Maybe something you can only use while also using that air brake? In any case, I had forgotten to install this on my last game and missed it a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure this has been asked before but I have searched and cannot find the answer. I have a full manned SpaceLab but it needs model rockets and clipboards. Where do I get these?

The lab itself has a tweakable for this but defaults to empty. You gotta remember to load it.

However, the science storage bin also contains these resources. I think it also defaults to empty but is tweakable in the VAB. Make a supply rocket and send it up.