Research & Development Overview *Permanent Update Thread

Synapse86

[0.22] Research & Development Overview

I will be keeping all information about the add on and updates in this thread.

Description from Thrfoot the wise:

"This mod adds a button at the bottom of the KSC overview that opens a research & development overview screen. Here you can see every experiment you have ever performed, how much science you gained from said experiments, and how much each one has left in its pool. You can also sort them by orbital body, science left, science gained, type of experiment, etc. I also plan to add a "science kerbals" functionality later on that will allow you to seek advice from the KSC's science staff as to where you should plan to explore next."

R&D Science Overview @ SpacePort *Updated Download Link: 20-10-2013 (2nd time today)

Gvgqq0L.jpg

ChangeLog:

Release 20-10-2013

- Set values to 1 decimal place

- Calculate total remaining points for all discovered experiments.

- ScrollView for planetList to stop it breaking in lower resolutions.

- The Scientific Kerbals now give you some useless advice (This will be useful...at some point.)

- Added Filter options by experiment type

- Added earned and remaining for each filter.

- Added min remaining science filter

Release 20-10-2013

- Improved GUI

- Fixed bug where leaving screen without closing caused issues.

- Added listings by and listings by celestial bodies.

- Added sort options

Release 19-10-2013

- Added Science Overview

- Total and current science points

- Experiment List

License: "No rights reserved, do as you please"

Source Code: http://pastebin.com/HEeF7BZq

Edited by Synapse86
Updated Again!

I really like the interface. just experiments you have discovered, and especially how much science you can still get by doing them. that is really, really usefull.

I have found a problem (bug?) though, I don't have the fancy scaled screen like the screenshot has, in my case anything below the jool button on the left is cut off, any idea why this happened or how to fix it? I tried looking for a config file to maybe set the resolution, but all I found was the .dll.

Looks absolutely stunning! Finally I can keep track of this stuff :P

Does it show experiments that you have not conducted yet, or only those you have discovered?

The save data only stores conducted experiments, I believe the experiments are "part" dependent...this being my first mod I have no idea how to "hook-in" to this data yet...I'll get there as I want to be able to have the "Science Kerbal" tell you what your next science project should be based on the next undiscovered experiment with the "lowest score".

Nice mod, the new GUI is a great improvement.

Edit: On second thought, maybe not, is there no way to scroll down experiment locations?

http://puu.sh/4U64M.jpg

Are you sure you have more experiments? If so, Do they show up if you select by planet?

This is perfect, now I can plan and track what I've done much more easily. My only suggestion would be to add a "Export to" button to create spreadsheets or text files with the information.

Just use the persistent.sfs file? I may try to add something like this if more people request it...

I really like the interface. just experiments you have discovered, and especially how much science you can still get by doing them. that is really, really usefull.

I have found a problem (bug?) though, I don't have the fancy scaled screen like the screenshot has, in my case anything below the jool button on the left is cut off, any idea why this happened or how to fix it? I tried looking for a config file to maybe set the resolution, but all I found was the .dll.

I struggled with the unity GUI...and I still can't get the buttons to scale (vertically that is) so I've just encased them in a scroll box in the next release...Which I will do once I have more to add and bugs to fix.

Edited by Synapse86
being more accurate...

Great stuff. I started a new career and used this to milk KSC/runway dry. It turns out you can get 248 science and unlock all of t1, t2 and t3 just with the pad, runway and grasshopper straight up/down flights.

If I may, I would like to suggest that you lower the number of decimal places to one because that is the level of accuracy provided in-game.

Not to mention my OCD requires me to get them all to 0. :P

Added this to the next release.

The save data only stores conducted experiments, I believe the experiments are "part" dependent...this being my first mod I have no idea how to "hook-in" to this data yet...I'll get there as I want to be able to have the "Science Kerbal" tell you what your next science project should be based on the next undiscovered experiment with the "lowest score".

This is EXACTLY what KSP needs next!

This is EXACTLY what KSP needs next!

Not if I get there first :P

I want to do it in the next release since I've added everything people have requested so far...it seems like the only thing I need to do now. I love weekends :P

R&D Science Overview @ SpacePort *Updated Download Link: 20-10-2013 (2nd time today)

Edited by Synapse86

You...know you can have one spaceport link and just update the file and the details, right? The old link still works.

I have this amazing ability to do things without thinking/reading/following the rules...I will try to do this in the future.

Possible minor bug: If I recover a craft then immediately enter the overview screen, the displayed values are not updated with the science that was just collected. This is corrected whenever I select one of the filters, though sorting does not correct it.

Edit: Just discovered the jokes. I am amused! :)

Edited by Thrfoot

Are you sure you have more experiments? If so, Do they show up if you select by planet?

I don't think I have more experiments, but I meant I can't filter the planet/moon because I can't scroll down to click them.

Wow, fast work. I`ll have to get this. Would it be compatible with custom trees?

It should work with any new science parts (it just reads the persistent file), if that is what you mean. The tech tree doesn't have any effect on it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.