[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Land slower maybe?

For the bouncy water fix, it is on the first page of this thread.

Be aware that if you land on Io (closest moon of jupiter), the terrain collision mesh seems higher than the texture mesh. So you will explode before touching the ground.

Like how slow? Because if I need to land slower than 100 m/s that just feels like it will be an extreme hastle. Is this just an expected issue? Since I also experience it on the runway too.

Like how slow? Because if I need to land slower than 100 m/s that just feels like it will be an extreme hastle. Is this just an expected issue? Since I also experience it on the runway too.

Landing slower than (almost) terminal velocity is an extreme hassle???

It depends on your plane. Normaly, you land a little over stall velocity.

A cessna landing speed is about 30-35 m/s

A boeing 747 could be as low as 60 m/s and as high as 80 m/s. But this is a REALLY heavy plane.

Source : I'm an ancient FSX (PMDG)/X-Plane pilot. And internet, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, Where do we send bug reports?

Guys I have a odd problem, I've been playing RO for a while but today for no apparent reason my game won't load, didn't updated anything,modified or installed. The problem is after the game it self loads and RSS status starts to load it gets stuck. The first three times I tried starting the game it got stuck loading pol, now it gets stuck in duna PQSMod_vertexcolormapblend. Any ideas?

EDIT---

Now it gets stuck in gilly vertexheightmap.

apparently it changes the celestial body every 3 times.

Edited by Fox Loco

@Fox Loco

If you're on Windows, check how much memory you're using at that point. I only have this problem when I try to use the 8192 textures, and it only stops when my memory usage would exceed 3.5GB if it continues.

I have had many problem's with getting this to work with other supported mod's, but I did as you say and I un-installed the game and re-installed it to start fresh (with no other mods) than do this mod first. . . BUT, now I only have 2 rocket parts in the whole game. . . that's it, I have a solid rocket escape tower and a grabbing claw thingy. . . . ... happened to the rest of the stock components?

And the only mod i have had problems with is this one, no others before it.

Everything seemed to work until the textures changing earth and so forth.

I have had many problem's with getting this to work with other supported mod's, but I did as you say and I un-installed the game and re-installed it to start fresh (with no other mods) than do this mod first. . . BUT, now I only have 2 rocket parts in the whole game. . . that's it, I have a solid rocket escape tower and a grabbing claw thingy. . . . ... happened to the rest of the stock components?

And the only mod i have had problems with is this one, no others before it.

Everything seemed to work until the textures changing earth and so forth.

Your not alone. Have that glitch too. And when i have FASA installed to use these parts instead, i have the same problem as Fox Loco! Please help us!

- - - Updated - - -

6mXYjl2.png

Heres the vertex bug

Logs people, LOGS!

If you want help provide logs.

This link provides instructions on how to find your logs.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

It doesn't generate a log, just get stuck there but you can still see the earth rotating and the kerbnaut moving.

@Nerezza, I haven't had this problem before and I use 4000something textures, will try to close more processes running in the background before firing up the game, thanks.

It doesn't generate a log, just get stuck there but you can still see the earth rotating and the kerbnaut moving.

Unless you have explicitly disabled logging then you ALWAYS have a log.

I wouldn't have sent you to that link to learn how to retrieve logs if I wasn't 100% sure a log existed.

I honestly figured this is a problem with the part but one of the nice folks over in the FASA board suggested that I should post this here.

I'm trying to build the Mercury-Atlas in RO but I'm running into a problem. I've gove one of the Atlas fuel tanks and engines. I've actually launched this same basic Atlas a couple times without issue. Instead of an explorer probe core, though, this time I have the Mercury/Atlas decoupler, then above that I have the Mercury command module (complete with Re-entry module and retro straps). Less then 30 seconds into the launch there's a small explosion and suddenly my command module slides off the Atlas rocket. When I hit F3 I get the following:

[00:00:43] Join between Mercury Retro Strap / Decoupler and Mercury Re-entry Module failed due to aerodynamic stresses.

I've launched the Mercury/Redstone (which has the same exact command module setup, just a different engine, fuel tank and decoupler) twice without incident. Is there some glitch with the "Mercury - Atlas Spacecraft Adapter"?

EDIT: meant to post this on the RO thread. Not on RSS. Sorry.

Edited by chrisl

Hmm. The danger here is that RSS is used for a number of different things (even just changing atmosphere glow) so NEEDS[RealSolarSystem] isn't sufficient.

A human should be about 2x that, counting the suit.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I thought as much. Then I'll just include a readme how to configurate the settings.

Hmm. The danger here is that RSS is used for a number of different things (even just changing atmosphere glow) so NEEDS[RealSolarSystem] isn't sufficient.

It's like trying to detect the original Firespitter parts with :NEEDS[Firespitter].

How much would it break to have the RSS plugin itself under a separate name/folder something like "RSSPlanetConfigurator" and then allow the actual config files and textures to be loaded from a folder named after the config pack? So "RealSolarSystem" would always be the configs that ship with RSS, and 64k, for example, would be able to keep all of its RSS configs and textures inside its own "64k" folder.

The issue would be when and how you detect that there's more than one pack installed and let the user choose.

I wrote a small mod which adds Kerbal masses to the pods which are crewed: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109790-0-90-KerbalMass-0-9-Alpha

I want to add a cfg with a modified mass for a Kerbal in case the user has RSS installed.

How much should a Kerbal weight in RSS? The stock mass is 93.75 kg.

How about just adding an extra config for RSS users?