A (long?) list of ideas for KSP.

Now before I start I just want to say that In don't hate this game or I am super fussy, these are ideas off the top of my head split into categories.

Gameplay:

• Seeing stats in VAB/SPH like MecJeb.
  • Attaching small parts,like docking ports etc..., on a ship in orbit.
  • For above, you can use the hitchhiker storage container to sort the parts. And, you can scavenge bits off flying debris too!
  • A program to create and upload custom Tutorials and Scenarios with ease.
  • Proper exploration*(JayCheetah Cheers)

Parts:

• More wheel sizes/styles
  • A really wild idea, a mechanical arm that can pick up things.
  • Space shuttles
  • To help with the above, weights to balance unbalanced ships.
  • A fuel hose module to transfer fuel to nearby but un-docked ships* (Kizzies' idea)
  • Adjustable Suspension *(Lone. K)

Sound and Graphics:

• A downloadable soundtrack
  • I'm sure you can somehow but an ability to put custom music in the game.
  • Texture Packs
  • Stop lag on Kerbin when I launch!!!!

Kerbals

• Kerbals can interact like following, telling them to go etc...
  • Ability to change Kerbals' clothes and upgrade to big pack or mag boots etc... * (Idea given by Overlord)
  • I've defiantly seen this somewhere but why not kit out our Kerbals with parachutes. And with the ability to choose/upgrade it above you could make a Kerbalship!
  • You could put an attachment node onto Kerbals. Craft attached directly to Kerbal's backpacks could then be built.* (Holo's idea!)
  • A tether line for Kerbals so they don't go flying off* (Again, Kizzies' idea)

I think I have a good set off ideas. But you are welcome to add more! :)

*: Idea came up with in the comments

P.S: Thanks to all off you who gave Ideas!

Edited by Rex3921

I believe the gameplay and parts groups up there are in the "already suggested" or "what not to suggest" lists.

Custom music can be done by muting the in-game music and playing whatever you want.

Texture packs can be done with the Universe Replacer mod.

Most of the lag on Kerbin is caused by the ocean. There was a thread around with a nice fix if you don't mind going into the settings.cfg file.

I like the idea of being able to tell Kerbals to follow or go somewhere.

The EVA Followers mod allows/allowed this.

For the other mods mentioned:

Stats in VAB/SPH

Mechanical arms

Shuttle

Shuttle thrust balancing

Custom music can be done by muting the in-game music and playing whatever you want.

That's not really a solution. There should be a way of customising the game's playlist in a scene-specific way.

That's not really a solution. There should be a way of customising the game's playlist in a scene-specific way.

No it's not, much like mods it is a temporary solution. I was merely suggesting something that would get him approximately the same functionality without waiting for the devs.

Kerbal EVA suit customization, meaning you research new technologies for your EVA suits lets say a bigger "backpack" which would give you more fuel, or for example later on mag boots. Also the ability to customize the appearance of the suit like colors and such.

Ok. Overlord thanks for the idea. I was thinking that too! I know that there are mods but I'd thought it'd be cool if it were in the base game. Still most of the mods are given up on or take an age to update...

Aye, and plus they only scratched the surface if even that.

Sorry. It's a thing I do on other forums... Old habits die hard!

And that was the first time I've seen such act of courtesy treated with such open disregard ...

Anyhow, many of those things are realised by mods. You should check out the spaceport. Mechjeb, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Romfarer's Lazor/Robotic arm, Vanguard EVA Parachutes, RCS Balancer should help you.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Andersenman

Andersenman. I know, I know! I have MecJeb and RCS Balancer but like I said before It'd be cool if it was in the base game! Thanks for the compliment by the way!

In fact if I knew how to mod I'd make an advanced EVA's mod! But that's a different topic.

Oh and Superweegee, I say hi! :P

-Rex3921

Edited by Rex3921

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.