KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

@fresh_sms, This is probably the best I can give you:

https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/blob/master/KMPServer/Server.cs#L3534-L3544

To use MySQL, type these before a server start:

/set useMySQL true

/set mySQLConnString Server=localhost;Database=KMP;Uid=KMP;Pwd=KMPPass;

Then just your normal /start command.

You will have to create a KMP user, create KMP's database, and grant privs to KMP. The server will create the tables when it first runs.

EDIT: My interim server is back up - chrisand.no-ip.info 2076, I'm going to do some profiling on the server (I think the CPU load is too high).

EDIT 2:

@Peder

1. Each player has their own tech tree. There's an idea kicking around (nothing implemented yet) to allow giving of science points, or full co-op sharing like you suggested.

2. Sometimes deleting vessels does not work. I recommend /set autoDekessler true (or just run /dekessler). It removes old debris.

To force-delete a ship, you have to find its GUID with /listships, and then /deletevessel guid. I'll try to make it easier in 0.1.6 with name matching.

The sync bug seems to be random. We keep launching our ships without modification and sometimes it bugs. Only happens when there's at least one other person on the server. After I get the message "Synchronizing server. Please Wait" the game crashes after a few moments.. I've only crashed once tonight but my buddy who didn't get the bug last night is now getting it almost every launch. I'll try to make a video of it.

i've one more quastion

what type is ProtoVessel field 's binary data?

i want to make connection kmpserver to APM server for detail web infomation page what vessel status and player status and orbit info shows

but i cant open this field's data.

or just use php library for sqlite3 ?

Just noticed 1.5 release, downloading now. Just wondering, does anyone have a 1.5 career mode server I can join?

See here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/58328-Spazer-net-Kerbal-Multi-Player-Server-Information

I have four flavors of servers:

Stock - Sandbox

Stock - Career Mode

MechJeb - Sandbox

Modded - Sandbox

I also have one server on standby if anyone has a request for something specific ;-)

-BC

Edited by bcspazer
Added specifics...

I have a request, which I believe a lot of people would benefit from. Would it be possible to get a function to automatically remove the mod-blocking? This would have the effect of removing all restrictions on parts, allowing people who use heavily modded servers with only a few players, who can trust each other to not install new mods without telling. It would be a real time-saver especially for short-duration servers.

EDIT: Alternatively, has someone made a plugin or a program that can autogenerate a list of parts?

Nothing to see here, please move on.

Edited by wasmic

Edit: Strikethrough because it wouldn't work after all.

1). When playing career is it normal that the players individual unlock their own tech tree, and are not able to "share" their research points with each other ?

I, too, wanted to see a shared tech tree (and it's going to be awesome when that gets implemented!), but there might be a way to circumvent the implemented functionality by manually editing the persistent.sfs file. However, and I must stress this, that what I'm about to write is only a theory and I haven't actually tested it yet. However, I won't have the chance to test it properly until next week at the earliest and if it happens to work, it might improve someone's play experience this week-end, so I'll take the chance on posting it. But just to be absolutely clear on this: I haven't tried it and if you do, it's at your own peril! Also, if someone does try it (or knows right away that it won't work), please say so in this thread so that other people will know if it's worth a shot. Or perhaps a mod could edit my post, I wouldn't mind. I only want to share my thoughts about it in the hope that it will do someone something good.

Anyway, the way the persistent.sfs file seems to work in single-player is that it adds whatever you've achieved to the file and what you haven't achieved is nowhere to be found. There is a separate section concerning R&D, so basically filling that section with stuff will give you achievements in-game. So the main idea is to sync that specific part of the persistent.sfs across all players after gaining science, retaining all flights and stuff, and only sync'ing the tech tree. It's slightly cumbersome, but it should work, I think, at least if you're only playing with a couple of friends and not on a public server.

Step 1: Play normally

Step 2: As soon as someone gets some science (and the game records it), make sure that no one else will get any science. However, you can safely play until everyone is in stable orbits or whatever.

Step 3: Everyone quits KSP

Step 4: Everyone locates their persistent.sfs file (in KSP/saves/KMP/persistent.sfs).

Step 5: The one who got the science sends his persistent.sfs file to everyone else (via mail/skype/whatever)

Step 6: Everyone else opens up their own persistent.sfs file as well as the one they received (preferably after having backed up their persistent.sfs file, just in case).

Step 7: Everyone else looks within the file from the one who unlocked the science for the section that starts with

SCENARIO
{
name = ResearchAndDevelopment

(Make sure that the corresponding "name = ResearchAndDevelopment" is there or else you'll be copying the wrong stuff! You should see a lot of Tech { id = start ... } Science { id = evaReport@KerbinFlyingLowShores ... } etc, which corresponds to the unlocked tech and achieved science.)

Step 8: Everyone else copies, from the file of the one who unlocked the science, everything in that SCENARIO name = ResearchAndDevelopment section, all the way to the last curly bracket (" } ") just above where it says "FLIGHTSTATE". For instance, someone who only took an EVA report hanging onto the module at KSC and unlocked the next tech, should have a section that looks like this:

SCENARIO
{
name = ResearchAndDevelopment
scene = 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
sci = 0.5999999
Tech
{
id = start
state = Available
part = mk1pod
part = liquidEngine
part = solidBooster
part = fuelTankSmall
part = trussPiece1x
part = longAntenna
part = parachuteSingle
}
Tech
{
id = basicRocketry
state = Available
part = fuelTank
part = fuelTankSmallFlat
part = GooExperiment
part = stackDecoupler
}
Science
{
id = evaReport@KerbinFlyingLowShores
title = EVA Report while flying over Kerbin's Shores
dsc = 1
scv = 0
sbv = 0.7
sci = 5.6
cap = 5.6
}
}

Step 9: Everyone else replaces the section in their own persistent.sfs file with what they just copied.

Step 10: Starting KSP again, everyone should now successfully have duplicated the tech tree of the one who first unlocked the science.

Step 11: Play normally again. The next time someone gets any science, go back to Step 2 and rinse and repeat. Of course, the roles may not be the same if someone else unlocked the science this time around.

In essence:

Step 1-11: Replace the section for ResearchAndDevelopment in everyone's persistent.sfs files so that they are duplicates of the section in the file of the one who unlocked some science. That way, you'll have the same tech tree and science achievements. Rinse and repeat every time someone gets some science.

The biggest disclaimer here is that I do not know if the persistent.sfs file for KMP 0.1.5 works the same way as it does for single player. However, I have managed to successfully sync the tech tree progress between two single player careers while the "receiving career" was mid-flight, so I'm hoping it's going to work in KMP, too.

And again, if this doesn't work, please say so or get a mod to edit this post so that other people won't waste their time trying. And of course, it if it does work, please confirm :)

Lastly, I have to say that you guys who are making KMP are awesome! Thank you!

Edited by iMAniaC
Clarifications and strikethrough

@iMAniaC:

0.1.5.1 has a fix for receiving scenario modules. Kethane *should* work in the next bugfix release - but the maps will be different for each player, just like career mode points...

@The Destroyer:

Like this (while the server is stopped/before it is started):

/set safetyBubbleRadius 1700

1700 is as low as you will want to go, it only just protects the end of the runway. Public servers probably want this a bit higher to avoid craft from rendering on launch.

As of 0.1.5.1, the new default will be 2000 (gimp likes nice round numbers).

@Everyone

My KMPModClient program has been reported to crash or hang on windows 8.1. If you are running windows 8/8.1 and it does not crash, let me know about it please

Edited by godarklight

Is there an easy way to change the default Flag for a KMP server? I read the readme but didn't see anything. Editing the persistence while it's shut down doesn't seem to work.

Nvm, I just copied over the KMP default flag.

Edited by Ratzap

I tried career mode with a friend but it's pretty weird. We can each only see the science that we made ourselves, so no joint science collection effort? Or how is it supposed to work?

I reconnected and it lost all the science, it's not working too well in career mode.

We also had large amounts of jeb, bill and bobs piling up strewn around the place.

Edited by Ratzap

@fresh_sms: Obviously forgot to reply to your post. Unfortunately it's a serialized vessel type, so nothing short of a C# wrapper that depends on the assembly/unityengine dll's is going to help :-/

@Ratzap: Remember that's only client side ;)

Career mode seems to be hit and miss with it's saving/loading at the moment. That's been fixed for 0.1.5.1.

Also: Nobody likes having too many bills. I'll look into that one too.

Career mode seems to be hit and miss with it's saving/loading at the moment. That's been fixed for 0.1.5.1.

Also: Nobody likes having too many bills. I'll look into that one too

hi.

I player a few hours alone on my server testing the newest client and server Build date: Sat Jan 4 03:43:47 UTC 2014 ( maybe you fixed the above in your newest build? ).

Anyway i am happy to report I did not have any extra kerbals or ships that duplicate them self, and not even science that disaper.

I also tried to shut-down and start the server again, and in the previous build when i did this I would instant get duplicated crafts, but now everything seem like it work perfect, and I do also not loose science ect. :)

So I think the Build date: Sat Jan 4 03:43:47 UTC 2014 is pretty stable regarding the above issues so far :) But I need to test it a bit more with players also...

@Ratzap: Remember that's only client side ;)

Also: Nobody likes having too many bills. I'll look into that one too.

I see, that would explain it. A pity though because I was hoping to set up a KMP session with my nephews and teach them KSP. I wanted to use career in order to set them goals and not have too many parts at once. But if science isn't shared we'll be safer with sandbox.

One other problem I've seen is a few times I go to launch from the VAB and it just sits there with everything greyed out. I end up having to quit/disconnect and come back.

Oh yes and how do we share subassemblies? I made one and it's not showing up for my mate.

Edited by Ratzap

@Peder: Glad to hear it. Gimp really is a wizard.

@Ratzap: I've heard of this: It looks like it has been fixed for 0.1.5.1.

Subassembly sharing works the same way as craft sharing. Type !sharecraft craftname. A message will appear in chat for everyone, they can type !getcraft yourname to receive it.

Note: !sharecraft looks for the ship in the VAB first, then SPH, then subassembly. If it shares the wrong type you will have to rename the subassembly

@JeXus, You have to set the mode before starting the server, and by default it's sandbox already:

/mode sandbox

/start

You can't change the mode while the server is running.

EDIT: Just thought about this, Did you run the server in career mode first and then change it back to sandbox?

Dont know if this is a known bug, (I didn't find it on the issues page).

I've been running 1.5.0 (Career) for about 24h with a couple of friends. And I've gotta say, I love what you guys have made.

However, we've encountered a problem where the server isn't to kind on saving changes. There is 102 debris hanging around and 20 ships, that simply dosn't want to go away. Neither through ingame recover/terminate nor through console commands.

Also, if it might help, the server was originally started as a sandbox, and later turned to career without a reset.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, a way to edit the server settings through an external txt file would be great :)

I've been running 1.5.0 (Career) for about 24h with a couple of friends. And I've gotta say, I love what you guys have made.

However, we've encountered a problem where the server isn't to kind on saving changes. There is 102 debris hanging around and 20 ships, that simply dosn't want to go away. Neither through ingame recover/terminate nor through console commands.

Also, if it might help, the server was originally started as a sandbox, and later turned to career without a reset.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, a way to edit the server settings through an external txt file would be great :)

Change one setting and it generates a settings file

@Peder: Glad to hear it. Gimp really is a wizard.

@Ratzap: I've heard of this: It looks like it has been fixed for 0.1.5.1.

Subassembly sharing works the same way as craft sharing. Type !sharecraft craftname. A message will appear in chat for everyone, they can type !getcraft yourname to receive it.

Note: !sharecraft looks for the ship in the VAB first, then SPH, then subassembly. If it shares the wrong type you will have to rename the subassembly

You know what would be super handy?

Sharing sub assemblies.

Know what would be super handy? If people read the thread before asking questions.

@wargames, Welcome to the forums - Little harsh for a first message there :P

I don't expect people to read the whole thread, 128 pages is a bit much...

But yeah, they were on the same page and only 5 posts apart. You only get one of those :)

Don't feel bad though, some people a still a little confused with how the safety bubble works. You want it on 1700 on private servers and possibly a little higher for public servers if you have problems with debris around the pad.

There's a commit called "Living dangerously" (43fcd6c) in the git log. It's appropriately named.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, a way to edit the server settings through an external txt file would be great

Change one setting and it generates a settings file

Thanks, didn't notice that file.

Regarding my issue - I browsed through some of the pages in this thread and saw the "fix" from godarklight.

Can I expect that this issue will appear every time a ship is marked for deletion from ingame ? Because atm, it isn't "sometimes" but instead "everytime".

This is properly the only bug I've seen so far.

If I were to use MySQL instead, would it be possible to write a script that would auto delete it, or are these vessels stored in the same table as live vessels ?

@Robzilla: War games, a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

@Yilmas: If you terminate a non-active, non-private and non-loaded ship, then it should be gone forever. If it's not, you might want to open a bug on github: https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues/new

There are still many bugs in KMP, you will experience more :)

Also, bad news about that one. You can access the KMP_universe.db using 'sqlite3', to delete a vessel you have to set its "Destroyed" flag to 1. The only problem is the Guid's are stored in a binary format, so are the vessels: sqlite3 KMP_universe.db "SELECT * from KMPVessel;"

I mentioned "/dekessler 0" and "/set autoDekessler" true because they are pretty much well needed on public servers.

I think destroyed vessels take a resync for the client to find out...

EDIT: For anyone interested, here's a visualization of the git repo (idea stolen from totemcatcher):

Many people have contributed to make KMP better. This video really shows that, thanks everyone :)

EDIT 2: Just saw the issue Yilmas, thanks.

Edited by godarklight

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.