Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

@mrskwid

1- Go to GameData\RemoteTech2

2- Open the file RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

3- Find "EnableSignalDelay" and set it to "False" (EnableSignalDelay = False)

And that's it, no delays :)

I need somebody´s help :o

My remotetech mod is a bit buggy i think. If I launch my first unmanned probe, in the left top corner there is "Local Control". Even if I am out of range of Mission Control, I can control the probe. But this isn´t how this mod works right?

So what do I have to do to get it work?

I need somebody´s help :o

My remotetech mod is a bit buggy i think. If I launch my first unmanned probe, in the left top corner there is "Local Control". Even if I am out of range of Mission Control, I can control the probe. But this isn´t how this mod works right?

So what do I have to do to get it work?

Do you have a file called Remotetech_squad_probes.cfg in your gamedata/remotetech2 directory ? You also need modulemanager installed. Modulemanager.dll in your gamedata directory.

If it's not a stock probe body, there's some cfg edit to do.

I am sending a manned science mission to Duna and I have a Reflectron Kr-14 on it to send science back to Mission Control. When I try to send the science home it says "Communications Device not installed"(or something like that) is there a signal range on the mission control?

I didn't see a list of compatible mods. Are there any? (Such as b9, nova pinch, KW, lack luster labs) That would be extremely awesome if they were compatible. I've haven't used this mod yet, so I'm crossing my fingers that it is compatible! If it is not, is there anyway I can edit the .cfg files to make it compatible?

I thinkI might have found out the scenario that causes the tracking station freeze but can anyone check to get confirmation

1)Comm satellite with dish in high Kerbin orbit (the Reflectron LL-5)

2)Robotic mission to Eve or Duna,having a Reflectron LL-5 pointed at the Comm satellite from step 1

3)Point Comm Sat dish to robotic mission

4)Arrive at target

5)Do mission

6)Launch new mission to Eve or Duna,switch the Comm sat to the new mission

7)Don't deactivate the original mission link to Comm Sat

8)Tracking station freeze

Do you have a file called Remotetech_squad_probes.cfg in your gamedata/remotetech2 directory ? You also need modulemanager installed. Modulemanager.dll in your gamedata directory.

If it's not a stock probe body, there's some cfg edit to do.

Everything is installed. This is what my Remotetech2 directory looks like Link. The probe body of my satellite is from the AIES Mod, it´s the smaller gold one.

So if I understood correctly, there is only support for the stock bodys? If not, which pods are supported?

there is a aies.cfg file floating around to add there stuff to RT and i think your modulemanager.dll file is fine think it stays in the mod file like u have it the way i read it from Modulemanager page . think this was it https://db.tt/SK7ruje2 posted by johnsonwax http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35383-0-21-1-AIES-Aerospace-v1-4-2/page50

Edited by Mecripp2

it wasnt at first as u can see it says 1.2.6 and the new 1 is 1.2.7 if u look at your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg u see

MissionControlRange = 7.5E+07

MissionControlPosition = -0.1313315,-74.59484,75

MissionControlGuid = 5105f5a9d62841c6ad4b21154e8fc488

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

MissionControlBody = 1

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Planet, Path

EnableSignalDelay = True

RangeModelType = Standard

NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport = False

ThrottleTimeWarp = True

if u need or want to u can change EnableSignalDelay = False to turn delay off

I've just gotten the memo that KSP 0.23 releases tomorrow. Sorry to disappoint, but I did not think it would be this soon. It'll be at least two days after that before I can even *touch* RemoteTech.

If any big issues pop up with 0.23 (and they will with the science changes), you will have to wait for a patch made by either me in a week or some cool volunteer who decides to figure it out.

This is also a reminder that I'm looking for people to take care of documentation for me. See if you can edit the wiki with basic table of contents I made on the git repository.

Is it just me or is a "feature" the fact that I always have problems with the remote computer?

When I setup a node I always get off by some m/s (either setting it with time or with thurst)... I have tried killing the rotation before starting the manuver or keeping the prograde vector as direction of thurst but I always get something off...

If i try to send an unmanned probe to the Mun during the day (and without communicating with the relay network) I always get it off enough (>20m/s) to not even come close to the Mun :(

Am I misusing something or it is just not possible to do what I am planning to do but only kind of big manouvers?

i cant transmit data when im using some AIES antenaes and LLL antannaes . it seems like some communications devices can transmit when having connection to mission control, but some others cant. how do i fix it so all can transmit?

a question that may have been answered. While flying a rocket with the stock antennae when i try to transmit data i get the message that at the ship there a re no communication devices. With the mod i also installed module manager 1.5. Any thoughts?

a question that may have been answered. While flying a rocket with the stock antennae when i try to transmit data i get the message that at the ship there a re no communication devices. With the mod i also installed module manager 1.5. Any thoughts?

I have lots of thoughts, but I lack information on your part to get one answer.

What antenna (2'5Mm antenna, 50Gm dish, 400Gm dish?) are you carrying in the rocket?

Is it a dish, and if it is, it's pointed to Kerbin or any RT2 capable satellite in Kerbin?

Is that range higher than the distance to Kerbin?

Do you have line fo sight without any other celestial bodies in the middle to Kerbin or the satellite you're pointing?

Do you have any kind of satellite network in Kerbin pointing to that rocket at all?

I start with a mkI capsule and the stock antenna of tier 0. While on the launchpad i hit crew report and transmit data and i get the message no com devices installed on ship. The same thing applies when i launch with the stock antennae while having line of sight with KSC. It seems that i there isn't any button to select communication target even when i right click on the antenna. When on the other hand, i unlock the mod bipolar antenna and do the same procedure the data transmits with no problem until i loose line of sight with KSC, the i get the same message. This issue applies only to the stock antennae and not the mod antennae.

Will test with 0.23 when it comes out

i cant transmit data when im using some AIES antenaes and LLL antannaes . it seems like some communications devices can transmit when having connection to mission control, but some others cant. how do i fix it so all can transmit?

Antennas added by mods don't work with RT2 unless they have compatibility for it, the experimental LLL release has a optional file that adds support for RT2.