[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

well then obviously you changed something. Perhaps not you per se but indirectly through some new version of something. You should keep a list of changes you make to the game so you can always backtrack and undo things when something like this happens. Anyways this issue related to ATM has been covered in previous posts only a page or two back

I assume this is caused by ATM but I don't know why this is happening now, I've been using RPM and ATM together for a while now.

That happened to me whenever I used GreenSkull's RPM config files for ATM. When I removed them, things worked fine.

Alright. Maybe this issue has been already solved but I can't seem to find a fix in this thread. Whenever I have the mechjeb case put on a craft none of the monitors work except for on one specific Kerbal, Bob Kerman. Or whoever happens to be in Bob's seat for that particular voyage. Anyone know of a fix?

That happened to me whenever I used GreenSkull's RPM config files for ATM. When I removed them, things worked fine.

I've been using his configs and never had this issue. In fact, I think his configs are meant to prevent ATM from messing with the RPM textures altogether.

I've been using his configs and never had this issue. In fact, I think his configs are meant to prevent ATM from messing with the RPM textures altogether.

Indeed they are. But if you read through the entirety of the ATM thread and his contributions to it, for some of us at least, using the config file he provided causes gray screens in RPM. When I removed his JSI and ASET config files (for RPM and the ALCOR lander module), the gray screens went away. It's probably an OS/graphic card/driver quirk but there you go.

So I've been directed from the ALCOR thread to post here about issues with Action Groups Extended since Alex indicated it's an RPM issue.

In short, when I use AGX, the action group buttons in the ALCOR pod do nothing. I assume they are hardlinked to the standard action groups, rather than simply emulating a keypress. I can see where this might be the best overall solution, as users have the ability to change the keybindings for action groups. Unfortunately, this makes it more difficult to interface with other mods that deal with Action Groups, such as AGX.

Perhaps something could be done that would allow RPM action group buttons (switches, knobs, etc) to interface with AGX or perhaps the other way around.

So mechjebrpm and scansatrpm won't function for me. The log file shows the following. Any ideas?

[ERR 04:29:21.990] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJebRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MechJebRPM.MechJebRPM' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.16.5223.32098, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MechJebRPM.MechJebRPMVariables' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.16.5223.32098, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MJMenu' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.16.5223.32098, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[ERR 04:29:22.006] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANsatRPM.JSISCANsatRPM' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.16.5223.32097, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MapMarkupLine' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.16.5223.32097, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

So mechjebrpm and scansatrpm won't function for me. The log file shows the following. Any ideas?

They all three have to be in the right folders (the two <x>RPM.dll have their own folders, the main RPM dll is with the rest of the RPM stuff), for a start.

For seconds, there's the versioning kerfluffle.

the SCANsatRPM.dll and Mechjeb.dll have to have been built with the same version of the main RPM project that the main RPM plugin comes from. (note that it's version NUMBER that matters, and it's subtly different between the last release and the last release's source) Each of them further has to have been built with the same version of the respective plugin that you're using. You can't mix-and-match. If you try, squad's pluginloader will go all 'that's not the right version, you can't have that.'

The combined upshot is that if you're trying to use it with v6 of SCANsat and/or the dev version of mechjeb, you need to have all three plugins built from the same codebase, with the newer versions of the respective plugins (and some fixes to the code in mechjeb's case, a few function names changed between the last release and the latest dev version, even though the latest dev version now has the same version # again).

Both Mechjeb Dev and SCANsat v6 were modified to insure that there won't be such a problem with this stuff...as soon as Mihara updates the main RPM build to work with the newest versions of each.

Both Mechjeb Dev and SCANsat v6 were modified to insure that there won't be such a problem with this stuff...as soon as Mihara updates the main RPM build to work with the newest versions of each.

I don't think Mihara has to do anything currently. I have the first "fixed" version of MJ (dev v.255) and v.6 of SCANsat and both are working fine with the 0.16 release of RPM.

I assume this is caused by ATM but I don't know why this is happening now, I've been using RPM and ATM together for a while now.

http://i.imgur.com/iUypQZJ.png

did you ever fix this problem? I've put together a number of mods which i have never used before (including RPM) and at the moment, i appear to be getting the gray screens and also nothing is interactive. I cant click on the buttons, the throttle doesn't move etc

pUfplPi.png

Here is a list of the mods installed:

• 6S Service Compartment Tubes 1.2

• Achievements 1.6.0

• Active Texture Management 3.1 (AGRESSIVE)

• Ambient Light Adjustment 1.1.0

• Aviation Lights 3.6

• B9 Aerospace Pack R4.0c (With Raven's Patch)

• Cargo Transfer and Tanks 0.6.1

• Chatterer 0.5.9.3

• Circular Panels v2 (with Modified Textures)

• CoolRockets! 0.4

• Distant Object Enhancement 1.3

• DMagic Orbital Science 0.8

• Docking Port Alignment Indicator 3.1

• Editor Extensions 1.1

• Enhanced NavBall 1.2

• Environmental Visual Enhancement 7.3 (High Res)

• FASA Launch Towers 3.85

• Firespitter 6.3

• HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement 7.1

• Hullcam VDS 0.2.9.5

• Hyperedit 1.2.4.2

• Infernal Robotics Parts Pack 0.15

• Jeb and Bill 9000 28.01.14

• Kerbal Alarm Clock 2.7.2.0

• Kerbal Attachment System 0.4.7

• Kerbal Dust Experiment 1.01

• Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 2.3

• KerbQuake 1.21

• Kethane 0.8.5

• KOSMOS Space Station Parts Pack R4.7.2 (With NoMrBond's TechTree Integration Config File)

• KSP Interstellar 0.11

• KSPRC 0.1.515

• KSPX 0.2.6.1

• KW Rocketry 2.5.6B

• Lazor Docking Cam 17.04.14

• LCD - Launch CountDown 1.7.1

• MechJeb 2.2.1

• Modular Fuel Tanks 4.3

• Module Manager 2.1.0

• Near Future Electrical 0.1.0 (Low)

• Near Future Solar 0.1.0 (Low)

• NovaPunch 2.03.5

• Procedural Fairing 3.01

• Quantum Struts Continued 27/02/2014 (With Edited Textures)

• RasterPropMonitor 0.16

• RealChute Parachute Systems 1.1.0.1

• Scan Sat Build 6

• SDHI Service Module System 1.9

• Small MechJeb Touchscreen Case by blizzy78 (tomtom)

• SmokeScreen 2.0.1.0

• Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack 3.12

• TAC Life Support 0.8.0.4

• Taurus HCV 1.0.1

• Texture Replacer 1.5

• Toolbar 1.7.1

• Tree Loader 1.0

• Universal Storage 0.62

• Wheel Sounds 0.5

Edited by Parkenev

Is there a way for us modders to make RPM screens default to a certain view? For example if you're trying to make an accurate replica of an existing space(plane) and the glass cockpit of the real thing had a certain setup?

PLEASE HELP!

I installed everything correctly(in to the gamedata folder), but when i go in to IVA mode, I can see the screens but they are all black with nothing on it.

screen-shot-2014-05-19-at-10-43-50-pm.png

I am using B9 and firespitter, so does that have any effects on it?

PLEASE HELP, THANX

-snip-

I have a lot of the same mods as you installed, including ATM, and there's no problem. Try making a new install with no big parts packs so it takes less than 10 minutes to start up, and add in mods which have to do with textures and/or IVAs one by one.

PLEASE HELP!

I installed everything correctly(in to the gamedata folder), but when i go in to IVA mode, I can see the screens but they are all black with nothing on it.

http://rc2darkopsclan.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/screen-shot-2014-05-19-at-10-43-50-pm.png

I am using B9 and firespitter, so does that have any effects on it?

PLEASE HELP, THANX

No, I have B9 and the Firespitter *plugin* (so I could get B9 to work) and I'm not having this problem, so that's not it. Try what I suggested to the last person?

In this particular case, it won't be. It's a fairly standard function of computing speed of sound in an atmosphere based on pressure and temperature. :) It does have workarounds for silly bugs in Jool atmosphere which result in sub-zero Kelvin degrees, though...

I'm putting together a spaceplane cockpit and would really love a machmeter. A cursory search found this post from several months ago, saying it should be possible. So that sounds good.

Is it still possible? Planned? Forgotten about, maybe?

I have a lot of the same mods as you installed, including ATM, and there's no problem. Try making a new install with no big parts packs so it takes less than 10 minutes to start up, and add in mods which have to do with textures and/or IVAs one by one.

I have singled out every mod (taking up along of time) and when i uninstall KSP Interstaller, it seems to fix the problem

but i would still like to use KSPI since I use it in most craft

Can someone help me with the download link? I can't seem to find it. I just see the enormous "Download" thing, but it's just text, not a link.

And no, I'm not joking. Someone please tell me where it is or send me a link.

Thanks.

Can someone help me with the download link? I can't seem to find it. I just see the enormous "Download" thing, but it's just text, not a link.

And no, I'm not joking. Someone please tell me where it is or send me a link.

Thanks.

You should read the sentence below the big word "DOWNLOAD" - there's good info there. Like this:

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/download/v0.16/RasterPropMonitor.0.16.zip

So I see in the examples how to use Squad's ledPanelSpeed model to display many different variables. I've succeeded in making a few custom instruments that way. :) I also see instructions and examples for making different kinds of MFD, and that's cool.

How about if I want to modify Squad's analog gauges? Can this mod do that? I want to repurpose the axis indicators as trim indicators. Possible?

Edit: Okay, now I see the example trim knobs. I just need to figure out how to apply the change to a different prop.

Edited by White Owl

Really want to use this mod but I'm having trouble getting it to work.

Just to make things simple I downloaded a fresh copy of KSP 0.23 and installed a fresh copy of RPM 0.16 - no other mods. Everything in my GameData directory as it should be (JSI, MechJeb2RPM, SCANsatRPM, Squad and ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll).

The screens appear in all the pods but are blank. None of the buttons work. Looks the same as Col.Blue's screenshot.

My latest output_log can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl7y00ps91blhs5/output_log.txt

Troubleshooting steps:

Checked for other copies of the RasterPropMonitor.dll and there is only one.

Uninstalled and re-installed .NET framework (seemed like a good idea).

Torn at what remains of my hair, hit my monitor with sticks and threatened my computer with a bucket of water (also seemed like a good idea).

Any advice would be welcomed.

Does this mod not have an option for kerosene from Real Fuels?

Trying to make a multi-purpose fuel gauge, but it won't work so well if it's missing one of the most frequently used fuels. :(

GingerJohn, I notice you're using an outdated version of KSP and an outdated version of Module Manager. Could have something to do with it?

GingerJohn, I notice you're using an outdated version of KSP and an outdated version of Module Manager. Could have something to do with it?

Aaand... now I feel like a complete tool. 23.0 != 23.5

It's working, now to get all my other mods imported and get flying IVA missions.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.