[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Still no x64 support I take it int he latest build then?

Hahaha. I don't even think anyone is arguing how broken the lastest win64 release is. Tier 3 buildings when you start a new career is kinda explicit to it.

So no, no 64bit support. And I don't want to have that discussion again, please.

Please, just tell me you are kidding. Oo

Nope. Wasnt kidding.

Hahaha. I don't even think anyone is arguing how broken the lastest win64 release is. Tier 3 buildings when you start a new career is kinda explicit to it.

So no, no 64bit support. And I don't want to have that discussion again, please.

Had no issues in sandbox (not everyone plays career dontchaknow). But whatevs... I'll skip this mod until 64-bit support is enabled, or I'll figure out how to enable it myself. Thanks for the reply.

Had no issues in sandbox (not everyone plays career dontchaknow). But whatevs... I'll skip this mod until 64-bit support is enabled, or I'll figure out how to enable it myself. Thanks for the reply.

The career thing is really just an /example/ of it.

You're gonna skip this mod for a long time. Not my loss :)

The career thing is really just an /example/ of it.

You're gonna skip this mod for a long time. Not my loss :)

Ran a 2 hour mission with no crashes. My experience says x64 is just fine. *shrug* Im not really losing anything either. I'll either figure out how to enable it myself or I'll live without drag chutes for my shuttles (the only thing I used from this mod). But really... if you want to avoid this conversation the only way to do that is to enable x64 support, and then put a big notice saying that you wont support bugs from x64 clients in the OP. Thats how you "avoid" the conversation, other wise its going to come up after every update.

Also when you say 'not your loss' it makes you sound like a jerk. You should want as many people using your creation as possible.

Thanks for the update, all my "must have" mods except TAC-LS and RT2 have been updated, guess I can go ahead and start without those. *Sighs* lol thanks again.

Ioncross Life Support is updated :D

C'mon give it a try. All the cool kids are doing it! First O2 tank is on the house....

Wenkle my editor wont open so I can change my chute size....suggestions?

That's pretty vague. If you mean that you can't access the action groups window, then that's intended. With the stock chutes and the realchute parts, you have all you need to not need to resize. However I'm working on something that will allow you to at least change the size without the action groups window, just not the rest.

That's pretty vague. If you mean that you can't access the action groups window, then that's intended. With the stock chutes and the realchute parts, you have all you need to not need to resize. However I'm working on something that will allow you to at least change the size without the action groups window, just not the rest.

So no more tripple chut options or anything like that? No drougue chute options? ...umm wat? I mean I know .90 screws with mods all updates do but ummm what may I ask is ...your..plan..here...I guess?

So no more tripple chut options or anything like that? No drougue chute options? ...umm wat? I mean I know .90 screws with mods all updates do but ummm what may I ask is ...your..plan..here...I guess?

You still did not state your issue.

What I said is that the editor window will not be available in game as long as you are not able to create/manage action groups in the game. That means, once you get your VAB to the second technological tier. Until you do that, you'll simply have to work without the editor window. And that is intended behaviour. You "unlock" that window with action groups. So to help with that, you'll be able to cycle through case sizes *soon*.

If your issue is not that you're in career with a first tier VAB, and that for some reason the editor window just doesn't appear when you are in the action groups tab, then make sure you updated correctly, and send me your logs.

Hello Gunther! So I've been playing around with the FASA Apollo chutes, and I managed to finally add drogue chutes to it. Problem I'm having now is that the drogue chutes are white. Here's the Module Manager config:

@PART[FASAApollo_CM_parachutes]:FOR[RealChute]
{
MODEL
{
model = FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/model_RC_triple_canopy
//scale = x-width, height, y-width
//at normal scale (1, 1, 1) the parachute has an in game width of 9.893m
//do the math if you want to change it
scale = 0.61, 0.7, 0.61
position = 0, 0.025, 0
texture = RC_canopy_main, RealChute/Parts/RC_canopy_main
}

maximum_drag = 0.32
@mass = 0.2
!sound_parachute_open

!MODULE[ModuleParachute]{}

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
caseMass = 0.2
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
cutSpeed = 0.5
spareChutes = 5
secondaryChute = true

PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 3
deployedDiameter = 60
minIsPressure = false
minDeployment = 550
deploymentAlt = 500
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
preDeploymentAnimation = Apollo_Chute_Semi
deploymentAnimation = Apollo_Chute_Full
parachuteName = Canopy
capName = Cap
}

// Drogue chute
PARACHUTE
{
material = Kevlar
capName = Cap
parachuteName = RC_triple_canopy
preDeploymentAnimation = RC_triple_chute_semi_deploy
deploymentAnimation = RC_triple_chute_full_deploy
preDeployedDiameter = 3
deployedDiameter = 6
minIsPressure = false
minDeployment = 2000
deploymentAlt = 1500
cutAlt = 555
preDeploymentSpeed = 1
deploymentSpeed = 3
}
}

EFFECTS
{
rcpredeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_parachute_open
volume = 1
}
}

rcdeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_parachute_single
volume = 1
}
}

rccut
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_cut
volume = 1
}
}

rcrepack
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_repack
volume = 1
}
}
}
}

The line texture = RC_canopy_main, RealChute/Parts/RC_canopy_main was my latest attempt at adding a texture. My first attempt was texture = FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/RC_canopy_drogue. I of course did copy the assets to the FASA folder, but I don't know if I need to do that or not.

Thanks, Gunther!

Hello Gunther! So I've been playing around with the FASA Apollo chutes, and I managed to finally add drogue chutes to it. Problem I'm having now is that the drogue chutes are white. Here's the Module Manager config:

-snip-

The line texture = RC_canopy_main, RealChute/Parts/RC_canopy_main was my latest attempt at adding a texture. My first attempt was texture = FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/RC_canopy_drogue. I of course did copy the assets to the FASA folder, but I don't know if I need to do that or not.

Use exactly the same model node than my parts do. Don't move/copy assets, it's not necessary.

(Also, Chris is just fine :P)

You still did not state your issue.

What I said is that the editor window will not be available in game as long as you are not able to create/manage action groups in the game. That means, once you get your VAB to the second technological tier. Until you do that, you'll simply have to work without the editor window. And that is intended behaviour. You "unlock" that window with action groups. So to help with that, you'll be able to cycle through case sizes *soon*.

If your issue is not that you're in career with a first tier VAB, and that for some reason the editor window just doesn't appear when you are in the action groups tab, then make sure you updated correctly, and send me your logs.

You figured out my issue haha ty sorry yeah new career new things ty and nvm u answered me :P

Hi,

I'm trying your mods for the first time, and ... i'm not sure if it's coming from your mods or something else, but I have that issue where chute are detaching from vessel pretty early during the flight, but at the same time they stay a part of the ship. You know, the camera fall down and focus on a middle point between the actual vessel and the freefalling chute. I'm pretty sure I read about similar issue on vanilla somewhere else for previous version of KSP but now it seems I can't find it anymore ( I though it was in the stock fix but it's not so I'M a bit confused )

EDIT: Ignore this, my installation was badly done at 4h in the morning ( gamedata:gamedata: )

RE_EDIT: yeah it was my installation... Great Mod ! Thank you !

Also, I guess the game is going to generate the file on the first proper start, but there is a config file in plugindata where we can change windows dimension ? (maybe it's not necessary, i'm fixing thing I saw on a badly installed one but i'm restarting now, it might as well just be well sized from the start)

Edited by Saint-Stanislas

Two things. First, thanks for the quick update! Actually allows me to play .90 and feel like it's "KSP as it ought to be".

Second, given the the increased importance of the credit crunch in .90, you may want to consider adding a non-zero cost to the RC parachutes.

Now I'm off to try to come up with a new craft design that will actually let me land with DRE and RC...:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.