[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

I'm also chalking my name up there. Gonna keep an eye out for the eventual fix. You guys do great work! I'm also available to lend information if its needed.

Win7 64bit

KSP x32

ATM Agressive

me too

Win10 preview 64bit

KSP x64 (i know dat winx64)

ATM Basic

Alright, I discovered what the issue was... I'll be releasing a new version shortly that should fix the issue, and re-add the ability to choose uncompressed textures.

Will I have to recache if I update? ç_ç

Get it here: https://github.com/rbray89/ActiveTextureManagement/releases/tag/4-2

Also, Sarbian is awesome, he implemented the multithreded portion of the update. Give him all the rep!

You guys are awesome. Almost constant 100% on my i7 920, even on the HT virtual threads. Completely recached in less than 30 minutes. Second loading in about 2 minutes.

Unfortunately the basic release doesn't seem as strong as the 4.0 version, since I was getting ~400 MB less at launch with it. I'll give the 4.2 version a try, but if there's a big memory leak I'll have to swith back to aggressive :( ( or tweak the basic one )

I assume there are several others using Astronomer's visual pack with the 4.1 update and running into a load issue? It gets stuck on detaileve1.png which is a 14.1kb file and then the game crashes. It's loaded up most of my heavy-load mods (KW, B9 etc) but always gets stuck on this. I have read through this thread that people have had issues similar and kept restarting and it gets there eventually, but I've tried many, many times and KSP just crashes every time. Thanks for the RAM savings though, and from what it loads before it crashes it is a lot faster than 3-8!

I have the exact same issue. Any way to fix this?

I have the exact same issue. Any way to fix this?

Yes, there's the 4-2 update. I thought there was something wrong as well but as long as it doesn't crash then I would suggest just letting it run. I haven't had a chance to install 4-2 yet, but last night 4-1 took 90 minutes for the first load. Start it and go do something else for a while, just check on it occasionally.

Yes, there's the 4-2 update. I thought there was something wrong as well but as long as it doesn't crash then I would suggest just letting it run. I haven't had a chance to install 4-2 yet, but last night 4-1 took 90 minutes for the first load. Start it and go do something else for a while, just check on it occasionally.

Running 4-2 with a moderate-heavy mod list, making the final push after 90 minutes into the loading here as well. It seems like it's hanging when it gets to the last mod folder to load -- because it just stops on whatever the last thing alphabetically is. Just going to let it sit and hope for the best...

Running 4-2 with a moderate-heavy mod list, making the final push after 90 minutes into the loading here as well. It seems like it's hanging when it gets to the last mod folder to load -- because it just stops on whatever the last thing alphabetically is. Just going to let it sit and hope for the best...

Is that after installing 4-1? Or is 4-2 the first time you installed the newest version of ATM?

Is that after installing 4-1? Or is 4-2 the first time you installed the newest version of ATM?

I have multiple game installs on my system. The particular one I'm referencing to is a first time install on a new game. I have another game that is currently running version 4-1 which I will have to try upgrading and see if it has similar results

Memory usage might be up a bit for two reasons:

1) uncompressed textures are supported again. I had forgot about them during DXT caching, so they would always compress. Now, if the config says they shouldn't, they wont.

2) Very Large textures will actually load instead of being skipped (hence the missing clouds) Since these textures are HUGE, they add a good bit to the memory usage (EVE Kerbin 1 would use 8k*8k bytes... so about 67MB in memory. Astronomer has similarly sized textures too...

thanks for this patch guys, booting 4-2 was the first time running through \boulderco that ATM didn't start spraying milk out of its nose. caching is really fast, and it's awesome. plus, on aggressive my game is running at something around 2.4GB, which is more headroom than i've been used to. SQUAD, integrate this miracle technology now! pause 0.90 experimentals, do whatever, just get it done!

Am I the only one experiencing a major memory leak?

Running this (aggressive, x64) alongside several other mods, notably with Astronomers Interstellar Visual Pack and OpenGL.

Everytime I look at a distant planetoid from LKO the game totally lags out for a few seconds, even causing my iTunes to crash for a moment.

Dunno if this is related to one of the mods or the Texture compressor itself.

Memory usage might be up a bit for two reasons:

1) uncompressed textures are supported again. I had forgot about them during DXT caching, so they would always compress. Now, if the config says they shouldn't, they wont.

2) Very Large textures will actually load instead of being skipped (hence the missing clouds) Since these textures are HUGE, they add a good bit to the memory usage (EVE Kerbin 1 would use 8k*8k bytes... so about 67MB in memory. Astronomer has similarly sized textures too...

Which are exactly the textures that did get erroneously compressed? I'd like to compress them anyway :asd: